Your opinion: Best food & snacks in WDW

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
For the 2008 Unofficial Guide, we're considering adding a "Best Of" list in the dining section, something along the lines of:

Best Hamburger: Concourse Steakhouse, Contemporary Resort]​

WDWMagic's Steve has been kind enough to let us ask his readers to nominate their favorite WDW food item. We'll send the research team over to sample the nominations and come up with the list of winners. (Sorry, those jobs have already been filled. :shrug: )

A couple of simple guidelines: keep the food item names as generic as possible ("brownies" is better than "iced brownies with nuts"), and be as descriptive as you want in explaining what makes the food item great.

Things like pizza, coffee, sandwiches, and pastries are important. Vegetarian and kosher items suggestions are fabulous ideas.

What do you get in return? I'm thinking we buy some/lots/many/most of these food items for one lucky randomly-chosen contributor on their next WDW trip. Don't everyone go nominating lobster on me, though. :p

Thanks very much!

Len

DolFan

Best ice cream: Dole Whip in Adventure Land

Best hot dog: Casey's corner on main street

Best food and wine festival soup: cheddar soup from canada

tigsmom

Best Hot Dog : Casey's in the MK

Best Steak: Le Cellier in Epcot

Best Breakfast: The all you care to eat skillet at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL.

DisneyMarg

Best Prix Fixe: Marrakesh Royal Feast, Restaurant Marrakesh
.....Nice variety; Unusual food but not wierd; almost nominated it for "best ethnic meal" instead
Best Value for Your $$ Meal: 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken dinner, Tusker House
.....Large portion of chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and vegetables - all delicious and all for 7.99
Best Soup: Carrot Ginger Soup, Boma
......Rich, creamy, sweet. Soup's version of ambrosia (food of the gods)
Best Side Dish: Creamed Corn Spoonbread, Hollywood and Vine
......Another rich, creamy dish
Best Ice Cream Treat: Citrus Swirl, Sunshine Tree Terrace
.......Cold and refreshing - like a "fresh" creamsicle

tigsmom

Best Prix Fixe: Marrakesh Royal Feast, Restaurant Marrakesh
.....Nice variety; Unusual food but not wierd; almost nominated it for "best ethnic meal" instead
Best Value for Your $$ Meal: 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken dinner, Tusker House
.....Large portion of chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and vegetables - all delicious and all for 7.99

Best Soup: Carrot Ginger Soup, Boma
......Rich, creamy, sweet. Soup's version of ambrosia (food of the gods)
Best Side Dish: Creamed Corn Spoonbread, Hollywood and Vine
......Another rich, creamy dish
Best Ice Cream Treat: Citrus Swirl, Sunshine Tree Terrace
.......Cold and refreshing - like a "fresh" creamsicle

Totally agree! :slurp:

I'm going to say the best Counter Service is Tusker House...love the chicken and the salmon. Great meals at a great price.

GoofyMom2

Best ice cream treat: Ice cream cookie sandwich from Main St Bakery, MK. And an incredible deal.....2 huge cookies and 2 scoops of ice cream, enough to split!

(PS I don't count Dole Whip as ice cream treat......it's in a class all by itself! LOL)

Best fresh fruit options: Harambe Fruit Market....perfect for hot days and a quick snack

Best chocolate cake: Le Cellier.....need I say more? :slurp:

Best chicken wings: O'Hana's in the Poly.....honey corriander.... best flavor!

Best appetizer to share: Fruit and Cheese Plate at the Rose and Crown, Epcot, WS

Will add more soon!

diddy_mouse

Best Frozen Snack: Dole Whip

Best Pretzel: Spicy Cheese Stuffed Pretzel at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland

Best Cup of Coffee: California Grill

Best Ice Cream (in the Parks): Mickey Premium Bar

Best Ice Cream (outside Parks): Ghiradelli's Brownie Sundae at DTD or Oreo Mudslide at Beaches 'n' Cream

wdwmomof3

You all are making me hungry. I liked most everything but I am a dessert lover. I loved the dessert that we had at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Well, my whole meal was wonderful but the dessert was out of this world. It was the hot fudge cake that came with everything in the world on it, even popcorn. Now I didn't eat the popcorn but I ate everything else. My daughter also had one and she loved it too. I can't wait to go get another one. :slurp:

Being on the DDP, with all of the desserts that I ate, I could not believe that I didn't gain any weight while I was there. So help your self, you will walk it off in the parks.:wave:

Adreamisawish

The clam chowder and tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbor House can't be beat.

Best hot dog is DEFINITELY Casey's corner.

Dole Whip is definitely in a class by it's self and shouldn't be missed by anyone.

SrcrersApprntce

Good Stuff

Hot Dog: Casey's!!
Chowder: Columbia House
Frozen snack: Dole Whip, followed closely by Mickey bar
In/out/on your way international: San Angel Cantina (outside), Mexico Pavilion
Wandering about food: Turkey Leg--for some odd reason, I always get one in Tomorrowland instead of Frontierland :shrug:

I'll let you know about Le Cellier's lunch after April 5th and Chef Mickey after the 6th. One more day before a week in the World!! :sohappy:

I also have been advised that the Reuben sandwich at MGM's Sci-Fi is muy excellente; I'll have to give that a turn for a first timer.

MPitzen

Best Frozen Snack: Dole Whip

Best Salad (CS): Columbia Harbour House
(TS): Hollywood Brown Derby (Cobb Salad is best salad I've ever had in my life)

Best Cup of Coffee: Boma Press Pot (AMAZING!)

Best Buffet: Boma (selection is wonderful, price is great...)

Best Character Meal: Chef Mickey's (There are the most characters here and the food is pretty good too)

Best Family Restaurant (TS): 50's Prime Time Cafe
(CS): Columbia Harbour House

Best Kid's Meal: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (keeps the kids entertained and has glow in the dark frisbees to serve dessert on)

Best all Adult Meal: California Grill (especially with a view of the fireworks, very romantic)

Best Pizza: California Grill flatbreads (this would be the best pizza for adults, it is very good, and quite different from the 'usual take-out')

Best Ice Cream: Ghiradelli in DTD

Best Steak: Le Cellier

Best Soup: Le Cellier (alone worth going to le cellier's for)

Most Unique View: Coral Reef (you're engulfed in an aquarium!)

RLMickey

Artist Point anyone?

I work at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge and sadly I don't see this on anyones list? The view and decor of the dining room is beautiful as is the hotel itself. I love our resorts and this is one you definetly need to check out. Our three signature dishes are the Roasted Portabella Soup, Cedar Plank roasted Salmon, Homemade Berry Cobbler...

:animwink: someone has to have been here...

minnie2000

Best snack (or light meal) - figaro fries at the Pinocchio Village Haus

Best ice cream - Dulce de leche (spelling?) at the Ice cream shop opposite Casey's on Main Street

Nansafan

Best snack (or light meal) - figaro fries at the Pinocchio Village Haus

Best ice cream - Dulce de leche (spelling?) at the Ice cream shop opposite Casey's on Main Street

I can't believe it took 18 posts for someone to mention Figaro Fries. (best snack, light meal and last summer, best breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom