Your Most Embarrassing Disney Moment!! (LETS GO, BE HONEST NOW)

dr_teeth90210

About 8 years ago my friends and I went on a high school trip to the Magic Kingdom. We just got done riding Space Mountain and I was leaning on the rail of the conveyor belt( aka moving sidewalk) when I hear a loud "RIIIP", followed by a cool draft. One of the side metal panels had ripped a 8 inch hole into my shorts completely exposing my tighty whities.

I ran to the nearest bathroom and bummed some Scooby Doo band-aids from a nice parent and tried my best to patch the hole. Needless to say I have switched to boxers since that incident.

MagliteL13

Hmm, it took me a while to think of the most stupid thing I've done.

I had just gotten off work at MK and decided to head to Epcot to watch Illuminations. Made the monorail trip to the TTC fine. On the monorail to Epcot, I fell asleep. 3 round trips later... I awoke at the TTC and asked the people around me "Has this thing even moved yet?" They all just kinda stared at me like I was crazy. Then I looked at my watch, realized how long I'd been on the monorail and that I completely missed Illuminations. At Epcot when I got off, I found out that apparently the CM's at the Epcot station were taking bets as to when I'd get up.

lamarvenoy

This one is kind of lame but I'll share it anyway. I was at the Coranado during a convention for work. Well, about 8 of my coworkers/friends and I were in the lobby with hundreds of other people who work for the company country wide. We were all waiting for the busses to take us to our night's destination which was citywalk and IoA for a private party. We went to the bar and pounded 2 beers each in like 5 minutes and the beer was FREEZING cold. I just got served my 3rd beer and I got the warning that the busses were waiting and we had to go immediately. Instead of wasting that last beer I downed it and proceeded to walk-jog down the lonnnnnnnnnnng hallway to the convention area,where are busses were waiting. I don't know if it was the blender action of the quick movement or the freezing cold on a warm day but I went to burp and instead shot an entire beer's worth of foam onto my friend's back. It wasn't throw up-it was foamy beer and the worst part was we were heading out for a long night and he didn't have time to change.We were all dressed up and the best he could do was clean up in the bathroom. I got the nickname llamaboy from my buddy I tossed on,it took a long time to lose that name.

JKovach

Account Suspended
Original Poster
hahahaha, nah thats a good one man

I appreciate everyone who has posted... but I mean c'mon we've had almost 1200 VIEWS!!! Geez... I think they are more interesting and funny stories out there. And although my first one really is the only EXTREMELY funny one I've got, I have plenty, but I don't want to take up too much of this thread, so lets go people... lets hear these stories!

geubux

We were in the men's restroom outside Test Track at Epcot this last April when a friend of mine ripped a loud one while standing at a urinal. As we were washing our hands, he look at me, smiled, and said," I must have stepped on a duck." A little boy of about 5 was washing his hands nearby, gave us a very sad and very serious look and asked, " It wasn't Donald, was it?" I almost ripped one myself trying not to even laugh in this poor kids face. We told him no and ran outside.

RnRJoe6114

geubux, that is hilarious! I don't have many but i'll give it a shot. It's short but...

I ran into a garbage can, not any ordinary garbage can, but none other than PUSH walking across the bridge to Tomorrowland, that was just emberassing.

BellhopMicah

RnRJoe6114 said:
geubux, that is hilarious! I don't have many but i'll give it a shot. It's short but...

I ran into a garbage can, not any ordinary garbage can, but none other than PUSH walking across the bridge to Tomorrowland, that was just emberassing.

:lol:

Did he say anything?

EpcotGrl

OK, here goes! One day a few years ago, a friend and I were at AK when it started POURING. We rain and hid under an hut-store for a bit, and finally decided that since it was already wet we might as well go ride Kali. So we jump off the ledge towards the sidewalk...and I slip in the mud. I go down, find the only downward slope in the whole of AK, and go slipping further in mud and water until I finally land in a bush. I start laughing so hard I'm shrieking, which brings my friend and CMs running, and I have to assure them that I just look like I've been through heck, but I'm fine! :lol:

We rode Kali just to get me cleaned off!! :eek:

stitchrules223

This one happened to me in the summer of 2004. I was off by myself, heading to Downtown Disney. It was a particularily hot day, so I decided to wear a top that tied in the back, kind of like a "handkerchief" top (the ones where you can't wear a bra with them on...). So I'm riding the bus, everything's going smoothly, until I get off the bus. Evidently I didn't notice that the top tie was becoming undone, because when I hopped off the bus, the right side of the top flipped over, therefore fully exposing half of my chest, and I didn't even notice it for about 5 seconds. Now, the worst part was, that I had gotten off at the front of the bus, so there was a group of about college-age guys standing there, waiting to get on...so I guess they got quite a show. When I realized what happened, I held my hand over the exposed...you know...and ran off to find a place to fix the tie. That's probably my most embarassing story ever.

HauntedSquirrel

well, as far as i can remember, i don't have any embaressing disney moments, but i did witness something embaressing for someone else one night. It wasn't at disney though. My friend was taking me over to universal's city walk to see a movie at the theater (his friend worked there so thats why we went there instead of AMC) and as i was walking to the theater, i hear a bang behind me. I turned around and saw a guy who apparently had walked into a trash can, knocking it over. If that wasn't bad enough, when he tried to put the trash can back up, some security officers walked over to him. I think they were thinking that he was placing a bomb into it or something. I just ended up walking away, laughing.

LouDisney

:lol:

You guys have made my night. I have been laughing out loud at these. Thank you all for stepping up, and sharing your embarrassing moments.

tracyandalex

ok i've got 2 stories - neither are as funny as the others, but here's my addition

the first time i remember going to wdw my younger sister was about 2 or 3. anyway, she really enjoed the monorails, but she never wanted to ride them she just wanted to watch them. well after watching them for about 2 hours at the contemporary with my sis and my mom a cm came over and asked my sister if she wanted to ride the monorail and no sooner di the cm get out the sentence then my sis started balling in her face. needless to say, my mom and i were so embarrassed. the next day, we were in mickey's toon town and we saw one of the mice from cinderella. well apparently my sis ter really likes the mice cause she got out of her stroller and was spinning around in a circle with her. after about 10 mins the cm mouse started to get dizzy, but not my sister, she was still ready to spin. well, after about 5 more mins the mouse was about to fall over and my parents had to pry her away from the mouse when she started balling once again.

ok, last one.
a few years ago my fiance and i went to disney with his family. we stayed at the marriott down the street. well we were all so excited to go to disney that we didn't realize that it us about an hour to get from our hotel to the park (it should have only taken about 10 mins). apparently alex's dad was unable to read or understand the signs the give directions to the parks. we had been driving through the disney properrty all that time and alex's dad was sweating hoping that no one would notice that he had somehow gotten lost in disney!! when we finally noticed what was going on alex's little sister started crying and i proceeded to direct alex's dad in my best "slow people" voice.

JKovach

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I want to thank everyone again for their contribution, as some of the posts have said, our stories have made people's days/nights.

OK NOW EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS STORY... THIS IS MY FUNNIEST STORY... (maybe not as good as "natural gas explosion, but VERY CLOSE)

This is not as embarrassing as it is just straight up funny, but I promise you'll laugh!!!

So, last summer my girlfriend and I went to Disney together and we were there right in the middle of hurrican charley!! We were supposed to fly out the friday it hit... so needless to say we could not. Our flight ended up getting changed to sunday AND WE HAD TO FLY OUT OF TAMPA (TIA)... otherwise we would not be able to get out until like next thursday..

So, we get a cab to drive us to Tampa and we had a foreign woman pick us up, and when i said "Tampa Int. Airport" she said "Orlando Int. Airport?" and I had to correct her... and she did it again... this happened FOUR times, so I knew right there this was going to be trouble... So then we get on the highway and are driving and she sees a sign that says "Tampa" and she points at the sign and says "there?" (NO JOKE... how safe does that make you feel???) so I just said yes, and sat back and prayed...

Then, we finally get near and I see a sign for "TIA" and it says like 1 mile... then the sign for 1/2 mile comes and she's still doing like 85 in the fast lane... I tell her "ummm... you want this next exit" so she just SWERVES across the highway... and I was like "Wow settle down please" and she just didn't understand. Then we get off and we come to a split off the exit... AND IT CLEARLY SAYS "TIA LEFT" AND ".... RIGHT" (dont remember what, but something other than TIA)... and she literally just drove straight into the median... and stopped and looked at the signs dumbfounded...

So I say "go left here" and so... you guessed it... she goes right, so i yell "no... LEFT" and she just drives over the grass and goes left... so now im just like "we're gonna die..."

FINALLY we make it to TIA and we come to a point where it says "rental car return left... terminal right" well... she goes right (phew) BUT WAIT..... WAIT...
SHE BACKS UP...
AND SHE GOES LEFT TO THE "RENTAL CAR RETURN"

now... to make things better... THE TAXI VAN DOESN'T FIT IN THE PARKING GARAGE AND SHE HITS EVERY BEAM ON THE TOP OF THE VAN.... so i just say "please let us out here, we can walk to the terminal" she simply says "ok" and then keeps driving..... i then go "PLEASE LET US OUT... WE CAN WALK, THANKS!" and she goes "oh ok" AND SHE KEEPS DRIVING...

so... we get out of the Rental Car return and there's the sign "left terminal/rental car return (oh god not the rental car return again) or right to exit airport" YEP...

SHE LEAVES THE AIRPORT!!!!

she then proceeds to turn onto the highway... AND CROSS THE BRIDGE THAT GOES OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO AND INTO TAMPA BAY.... SHE TOOK US OUT OF TIA... AND INTO TAMPA BAY.... I then request her to turn the fare off since we were at the airport and I asked to get out.. and she does it again "ok" but doesnt...

SO AT THIS POINT I WAS FURIOUS AND I WAS LIKE "PLEASE FOLLOW MY EVERY WORD..." and she finally listened and we got back safely...

to say the least we didnt tip her and then we called the company and told them and we got the fee 50 dollars off for the extra trip to Tampa Bay... plus an additional 50 off for our troubles...

I hope you guys enjoy that... looking back on it... it was soooo funny, but I was like... losing my mind I was so mad!!

Ok, I have to work tomorrow (saturday) :cry: so hopefully I will have PLENTLY of replies to read some stories to help get me through the day!!!

Thanks again to those who have posted!

Melerella

I was at Typhoon Lagoon with my friends last year for Senior Trip..and I had a surfer t-shirt type bathing suit top and paired it with cute string bikini bottoms...

needless to say when the wave came I needed to search for the string before the next one...

Disneydreaming

This has got to be one of the funnest threads I've read.

One of our favorite places to eat is the Garden Grill at the Land. One trip many years ago, when my children were still very young, we were seated at a table that had my youngest daughter, who was 2 at the time, seated on the end of the table so she could visit with the characters while strapped into her booster seat. For some reason, the character visits were taking a long time, and we were already served our dinner and Minnie still hadn't arrived yet. Growing ever impatient and starting to have a tantrum, my youngest started pounding her fists on the table in frustration. So, to distract her I gave her some food from the adults serving, praying that Minnie would arrive soon. My daughter looked at the new food on her plate, looked at me like I was insane, and with a loud scream and a WHACK, proceeded to swing her arm at the plate in front of her and whacked it off the table, taking 3 other dinner plates with hers!!!! There was a huge CRASH, and the whole resteraunt grew silent. We all sat there with stunned looks on our faces, afraid to speak. Guess who shows up immediately afterwards? Minnie, who comes to the table expecting to be greated with huge smiles, and instead sees 5 horrified faces staring back at her. She realizes whats happened, sees the broken plates scattered in front of our table and food strewn everywhere, and puts her hands on her hips and starts tapping her foot and looks around as if to say "whats taking so long to clean this up?" She sees the huge tears on my 2 year olds face and gave her a huge hug and lots of love. So, my 2 year old gets away with destroying dinner, and the rest of us want to crawl under the table. (btw I did leave our waitress a huge tip.)

On another trip, we had invited my elderly mom and dad to vacation with us. Now keep in mind that my dad is the cute cuddly grandfatherly type. My dad was having trouble getting around the parks walking because his leg was bothering him, and was not having a good time. Pride stopped him from renting a motorized cart to get around so for 2 days we had to listen to him complain about all the walking we were doing. By the 3rd day we all were frustrated, so I rented the cart for him and he finally decided to try it. Well, it made all the difference in the world, and he was finally having some fun. We were in Epcot and he and my mom were splitting a margarita by the lake by Mexico ( I was nursing my own, hehe ). Dad was acting a bit silly but after a few minutes time nature was calling. So we walked over to Norway to use the restrooms, and my dad was in front while my mom and I walked behind him. Well, without looking he drove right into the ladies room and didn't even notice until he was halfway into the facilities (my mom and I were cracking up and waiting for him to notice). Well, he finally realized where he was, and stopped abruptly and was trying to turn around while appologizing left and right to all the women who were watching him. Thank goodness it was all adult women in there and one lady came up to him and said "sweetie its okay with me if you use our restroom" and all the ladies in there cracked up laughing. He was as red faced as a tomato when he left.

Connor002

these are some of the funniest stories i've ever heard

here's my humble contribution

on our first trip to disney, we were having a nice breakfast at the contempary, my mom and dad were talking and aren't really paying attention. they turn back horrified to fimd me with chocolate milk in one hand and a pancake in the other with my face leaning down over the table licking the butter out of the contanier.

i don't regret it!

later in the meal, pluto came over and pretended to lick my food. i had a shocked look on my faced and i just kept repeating in a shocked voice "he licked my food." i didn't want to eat it any more

out of disney:

i have a really close cousin, he's the closest thing i have to a brother, and he's kind of... accident prone, to say it nicely.

well lets just say...

he got caught on a fence
got his finger caught in a car door
foot stuck in a tree, leaving him hanging upside-down
and was run over by one of the carnival ride with the cars that go in a circle
:D but we love him anyway

Mimi

Well, this dosen't compare to most of the stories I just read but it was my most embarassing moment;

A few years ago my sister and I went to the Magic Kingdom. Halfway through the day we decided to mosey around Tom Sawyer's Island. We found a nice place to relax for a little while. (We found it after walking quite a ways through the woods.) There were two chairs and a bench at the end of the path overlooking the water and the back of BTM.

We thought we were the bomb! Our own personal private little secluded spot where no one else could find us! We sat in the chairs, put our feet up on the bench, closed our eyes and basked in our private paradise.

A few minutes later I heard a quite noise like a branch breaking. I opened my eyes and right in front of us was the riverboat, complete with what looked like a thousand passengers all staring at us and taking pictures (hence the noise)! "How's the nap?" "Great day for a tan!" *click* *click*

I think I mostly was embarassed by my own stupidity. :eek:

POPstar2002

I have hardly posted on this board, since I've only been to WDW once (but I'm going back next year) and I'm not much of an expert. But this is a really good thread and I got a few stories to share.

-I freaked and walked out of It's A Bug's Life. I am very claustrophobic, and I have a tendency to feel uncomfortable in situations where I feel I am being surrounded. I ended up freaking out during the part where the theater fills up with black smoke. I couldn't see anything around me. If the smoke cleared up quickly, I wouldn't have bothered me. But it didn't, so I freaked and quickly snuck out the exit. Here's the bad part - apparently everyone in the theater saw me leave. I was sitting in the second row, only a couple seats from the exit. But I was also 20 years old and over six foot tall. I was sitting on the bench outside the theater waiting for my family to come out, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON came out and was pointing and laughing at me. Many of the kids were calling me names. How nice! :(

-Right when I got in the regular line for Big Thunder Mountain, a seagull pooped on me. This bird must have been sick, because I had tons of runny orangy brown crap running down my right arm. ( :hurl: ) Thank goodness I had tissues with me, so I could wipe up the mess. There was an Italian family of eight standing in front of me. All eight of them were laughing and pointing at me and telling jokes in - you guessed it - Italian during the entire 45 minutes I was in line. :lookaroun I was really embarrassed and annoyed at this family. To make it worse, the family was making such a big scene that everyone else in line was pointing/staring/laughing at me. :lookaroun :lookaroun Here's where it gets good for me: I ended up sitting next to one of the women in the Italian family on the ride. She was sitting on my right side, so I made an extra effort to rub my dirty arm on the other woman's. Trust me, she wasn't to pleased. :lol: And take a guess where the dirty tissues went??? In another family member's tote bag. I threw it in there when none of them were looking. :p

-My family decided it would be a great idea to go on Kali River Rapids at noontime. I knew that many people got soaked on it and I didn't care. But, boy, what happened to me on this ride... :lol: No one else on the raft with me got wet at all - they all walked off it bone dry. But, of course, I got hit with all the water. There was a point in the ride where a couple rafts got jammed up where they were not supposed to, and I got stuck sitting under one of those big fountains of water for a good 60 seconds. And I just didn't get soaked - I got REALLY SOAKEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!. So soaked that I seriously looked like I jumped out of the raft and went for a swim. When I got off the raft, all the CM's and the people in line were gawking and pointing at me. The CM's told me they've seen tons of people get soaked, but never this soaked. There were people in line that left after seeing me. I was also still around noontime and I had no change of clothes with me, so I had to walk around the park for 5 hours with people gawking at me. :hammer:

Steve4wdw

small contribution

well, my flight leaves in 5 hours litterally (7:38am 6/25/05) so when I come back maybe i'll have something more. But being this has made my night so much fun I'll post a couple that I can think of off the top of my head.

When I was going to be like a freshmen in highschool (so 14) I was sitting over at the Fantasmic Ampitheatre waiting for the show to start (I think we were at least an hour early) And there's a group of tour girls (though surprisingly not brazillian considering it was july) and a couple of them were pretty cute and I notice them catching glances at me. Well being like any 14 y/o guy take this pretty well and am pretty happy. Well...it would've been fun and all, but throughout this hour that I was waiting, they just kept looking back at me and saying something in another language and laughing and turning back. I then kicked into adolecent paranoia and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. So I picked up my book and just started reading, which made them laugh even more I think.

Another fun story that isn't embarassing for me so much as I'm sure it made some CM's wonder what was going on is this:
Since 1997 when I first laid eyes on the famed Disney Leather Jacket I had wanted it. For those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, WDW has a leather jacket that they normally change each year to have different sayings and such to reflect whatever celebration they have going on. Well being 12 at the time of first seeing it, I obviously wasn't going to be able to get it anytime soon. When the 100th anniversary came around I was 17 and at had a shared Credit Card with my mother. When we're down there I had said to my mom I really wished I could afford to get it, and she said she wished she could help me, and she told me "Just promise me you wont use your credit card to pay for it, please"....*DING*....I had the money if I didn't spend money on like ANYTHING else and used my next paycheck for it..."of course mom." Then when we were waiting for the spectromagic parade I told my parents I wanted to go see the Country Bears a couple of times (we watch from down by Pecos Bill's I'll be there sunday night! ;-)) off I went, but as soon as I reached CBJ I RAN to the front gates of the park, because I didn't know where I could get the jacket in MK I knew I could get it at the contemporary. So I ran all the way up to the monorail, and I see the train there, and it's getting ready to leave. I run up to the operator shutting the gates and I say with no breath "please...I ....need to get on...this train..." he let's me on and this family just stares at me blankly as I try to catch my breath. As soon as we pull into the contemporary I run down the stairs, grab my size and ask to have it shipped home and hand them my card. I sign and don't even see them put the jacket in the box. And I run back up, again a family just stares at me trying to figure out why i'm running so much. Catch a monorail around back to MK and RUN to the back ofthe park. Just in time for the parade to be starting at the front. Parents didn't suspect a THING, but a lot of people sure thought i was crazy for running so much i'm sure.

Mikey Mouse

On one trip my wife and our then 2 year old son had gone to River Country and we had brought some snacks with us. As we were getting ready to leave Fort Wilderness marina I took a granola bar out and handed it to my son. Well, needless to say that my son wasn't the only one that ended up with a snack as a flock of seagulls (not the 80's rock group) came swooping down and stole his granola bar.

On our first trip together my wife and I stayed at the Port Orleans (French Quarter) and had gotten out of bed early on our first morning. We went out on the walkway or corridor and were watching the sunrise. Kind of romantic and then out of nowhere my wife passes gas from down below. Needless to say there was another family walking by us and their young child said " Mommy that lady pooped!" Funny at 6:30 in the morning!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom