Your liquid intakes whilst in the parks

Phonedave

I'm not sure if that's a 'typo' or an 'Americanism' but that means something completely different in the UK :eek:. Mind you if he was doing that, then I can completely understand why he was so thirsty afterwards :)

Bonking - In endurance sports such as cycling and running, hitting the wall or the bonk describes a condition caused by the depletion of glycogen stores in the liver and muscles, which manifests itself by sudden fatigue and loss of energy. Milder instances can be remedied by brief rest and the ingestion of food or drinks containing carbohydrates. The condition can usually be avoided by ensuring that glycogen levels are high when the exercise begins, maintaining glucose levels during exercise by eating or drinking carbohydrate-rich substances, or by reducing exercise intensity

Boinking - Somthing that is not done in public in polite company.

-dave

TinkerBell43

Fantastic tip guys...however freezing bottled water worries me.....isn't that how Shania Twain got her breast cancer something to do with toxins being released into the water inside the bottle when it started to defrost.....only bottles which are labelled suitable for freezing should only be frozen...not your average bottle of Evian!!! :depressed:

SeanWM48

did not read whole thread apologies if it's been said already but one trick is to drink a ton of water (or gatorade or both) BEFORE heading out to the parks....soon as you roll out of bed you should down entire water bottles. have your system fully hydrated before you even break a sweat. you'll feel much better and be one step ahead of the climate instead of playing "catch up" by trying to hydrate after already getting tired. it's already a little late at that point.

works like a charm go for it !

disneypearl

I got back a little over a week ago. (wish I was still there) I brought a small child sized water bottle to keep refilling. Child's sized so I would be able to finish drinking it before the water got too hot. Didn't want to go around carrying warm water. After a few days I decided to go bagless and just asked for ice water. That was great and everyone was happy to give it to me. Had no problems with that. I did end up buying a few bottles too when it was just more convenient. I also drank a bottle of water every morning before leaving the room.

All I have to say is that Walt Disney World is the only place on Earth where I don't drink a lot of alcohol when on vacation. I don't know what it is but I guess knowing deep down that I am spending close to $900 a day for our family to visit keeps me sober and very observant (either that or it is the hectic pace). Lot's of Publix bottled water for us.

Last edited:

Chernaboggles

Fantastic tip guys...however freezing bottled water worries me.....isn't that how Shania Twain got her breast cancer something to do with toxins being released into the water inside the bottle when it started to defrost.....only bottles which are labelled suitable for freezing should only be frozen...not your average bottle of Evian!!! :depressed:

No ma'am. Freezing water bottles does not cause cancer. http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/plasticbottles.asp

HakunaMatata89

ususally lemonade or water,

though in Animal Kingdom i will partake in some budlight while walking around the exhibits, and DHS after im done with TOT and RNR

JIMINYCR

Just have to keep those water bottles filled, as terrible as the taste is.
After our first trip many years ago ( yes.. people did warn us about the water) we started carrying Kool aid packets to add to the water bottles which helped dilute the horrible taste of the WDW water. Now we bring the small Mio liquid water enhancer squeeze bottles. They are easier to carry, and easier to add to the bottles, just a couple of squirts into the water and turns crap flavored water into refreshing flavor.

ddbowdoin

After our first trip many years ago ( yes.. people did warn us about the water) we started carrying Kool aid packets to add to the water bottles which helped dilute the horrible taste of the WDW water. Now we bring the small Mio liquid water enhancer squeeze bottles. They are easier to carry, and easier to add to the bottles, just a couple of squirts into the water and turns crap flavored water into refreshing flavor.
It's so hit or miss though... Some bubblers (fountains for non New England folks) taste like butt, then another will be fine. I think epcot is decent... MK water is horrendous

Figaro928

th
FYI - target now carries these. They are amazing for hydration and are very tasty. The individual pouch are also very easy to store. These will be coming with us for our next trip for sure!

Again - coconut water hydrates better than Gatorade. it had double the electrolytes (naturally too)

Stay Hydrated, my friends.

Goofyernmost

I usually go in winter so the need for hydration is somewhat lessened. I usually just buy a couple of waters per day plus whatever I get for liquids with my meals or snacks. I am sort of a believer that one can over hydrate as well as under hydrate. I always have to wonder, when I see ladies (and men) walking into work to go to their desk jobs carrying a gallon jug of water, how they are expelling all that liquid. I suspect frequent bathroom breaks. We get liquids even from our solid foods, so it just seems a bit like overkill to me. Tramping around in the Florida summer sun can cause a lot of need for hydration, but, when I go during moderate weather, there just isn't that big a need.
It's so hit or miss though... Some bubblers (fountains for non New England folks) taste like butt, then another will be fine. I think epcot is decent... MK water is horrendous
What? I lived in New England for 50 years and I have never heard it called a bubbler. Boston maybe because, well, let's face it, they say some pretty strange things. However, I never heard it there either.:)

Also, I would be surprised if Epcot's water source is any different then MK's. Puzzling!

BigRedDad

A lot depends on when you go. The heat is brutal and water in take needs to be high. One thing to be aware of is the number of times you go do #1 in the bathroom. It may sound crazy but its not. If you are not going regularly, it means your body is losing that intake through the skin. That is when problems can occur. This is only one of the ways to know it, so don't take this as gospel. If you sweat too much and can no longer sweat, your body will shutdown leading to heat stroke. This is a deadly case. Best thing to do is to make sure you drink 8 ounces (half pint) of water every hour. Kids need a little bit less, but not much.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well soft drinks are loaded with sodium and do not hydrate....so if I am hot? I go for the cold Dasani bottles....yes they are the price of a case for one...BUT it's location location location and I am thirsty I justify it using my Disney reward dollars from my card. My husband likes to load up on juice and water at breakfast prior to going to the park, however we all roll our eyes because upon entering park we have to stop so he can use facilities....I prefer to get a cold water when and where I want one!;)

NCDJ2015

Sure you can. I do all the time. Any place with a fountian machine.

Cant believe I never thought of this. We usually put several bottles of water in our backpack and refill as needed. Also some little cans of V8 are a good pick me up. I will be taking the Tervis cup next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom