Your liquid intakes whilst in the parks

MarkTwain

Also, for what its worth: all of New Fantasyland is built on a different water system from the rest of the park, so if you do want good-tasting free ice water at Magic Kingdom, go to Gaston's Tavern. :) I've done this a few times before as well.

MrDee

We usually have a rental car, even when staying on property, and first day always make a run to a Wal Mart and purchase a case of bottled water and various flavor packets to add to the water. Back at the room, I pour the flavor packets into some of the bottles of water, and then place them in the freezer overnight.

In the morning, we load up the bottles, get to the park, and with the inevitable scorching Floridian heat, the bottles thaw fairly quickly, yet stay cold for quite awhile, and we are pretty well set for the day.

Marc Gil

I pack a few bottles of Evian before I head out to the parks, usually 2 bottles a person.

I can't stand Dasani! You pay $2.50 for bottled tap water! You might as well just drink from the fountains!

CheshireCat12

The water at the QS location is filtered water because it is what is mixed with the soda syrup. It has to be tasteless in order to get the same soda product each time. The water at MK locations is just as good as at any other park. To the person who mentioned filling the bottle at the hotel sink- I tried to drink water from my hotel sink and the sulfurous smell was so overpowering I could not swallow. Don't do it.

Bairstow

I recommend foldable water bags like the Vapur Bottle.
These will easily fit into the pockets of my cargo shorts and filling these up at the water fountains is a good way to tank up on water without having to wait in line at a restaurant.

0vapurb.jpg

cw1982

I usually carry three 32-oz Nalgene bottles with me....I freeze two of them overnight.

I also slice up some cucumbers in them to make it a bit more refreshing. Gives a bit of sweetness to it that helps me fight the soda cravings. :)

Cucumbers?!? Thanks for the suggestion... I'm working on finding things to infuse in my water to make it more tolerable for my body (long odd story there)... this week I've been doing frozen mixed berries. I think I know what I'll do next time now :)

R W B

I'm from south Louisiana so im use to high humidity and 100 degree days here so idk if the Florida heat really bothers me the same as others but I get a coke when I'm thirsty and I usually down it within minutes while its still cold. If I'm really really thirsty then I'll get a water or poweraid since they actually help more with rehydrating.

cw1982

I recommend foldable water bags like the Vapur Bottle.
These will easily fit into the pockets of my cargo shorts and filling these up at the water fountains is a good way to tank up on water without having to wait in line at a restaurant.

0vapurb.jpg

Those are cool :) I can totally see myself buying a pink one lol.

FWIW, though, our first day at MK, I waited in line to ask for a water. The cashier actually told me that we didn't even have to order in line if we weren't buying anything, that we could simply walk up to the food counters and ask for it. Makes sense, since they're not ringing anything up I guess. I was perfectly fine with waiting in line, since those lines tend to move pretty quickly usually, but for anyone else who is curious, you can typically walk right up to the counter and ask for it. If you do go to the cashiers first, they'll tell you the same thing.

melmel89

We usually stock up on loads of water from the supermarket before we hit the parks. We bring a small insulated lunchbox from home and keep it in one of our backpacks so we can keep topped up. I know your pain I'm from the UK myself and i always find it a challenge to drink enough to stay hydrated the first few days. I also try and limit the amount of fizzy drinks I have as they do nothing to hydrate you.

Weather_Lady

We rely solely on the free iced water, available on request at any counter service location, if we get thirsty in the parks. The taste doesn't really bother us, and we don't like to be weighed down with big cups or bottles from home. Granted, we're generally visiting in spring or fall when the temperatures aren't above the mid-80s, but between our morning breakfast beverage in the hotel room, an in-park CS lunch drink (usually in those crazy huge cups) and TS dinner beverages, we rarely ask for more than one cup of water a day, and sometimes none at all.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Yep you sure can, and they will gladly give it to you no questions asked and no other purchase is required. No one ever gave us so much as a funny look.

Perhaps it's the 'Britishness' coming out in me but I just can't imagne marching up to the till and saying "Two cups of free ice water please". I realise that after paying about $1,500 for our two Premium AP's it's hardly 'free' but nonetheless it seems alien to me in Disney World doing that. Don't worry though I will try it, though part of me still thiks they'll look at me like some scrounger and say "No".

This could even work to my advantage though. When Mrs Merg is thirsty and wants her bottled water I'll say "Oh no my dear, you wait here and I'll go and buy you an iced water in a cup rather than have you struggle drinking from a plastic bottle, sit tight and I'll go and purchase it for you as nothing is too good for my wife". I could be dining out on this for a good while before she twigs :D

RubyLee

I always take my Camelback backpack and fill it throughout the day at various water fountains....I squeeze lemons & limes in before I leave my hotel & it's usually lasts most of the day!

Cucumbers sound good too-maybe I can try at home but don't think I could squeeze those into my Camelback! :)

WannaBWendy

Perhaps it's the 'Britishness' coming out in me but I just can't imagne marching up to the till and saying "Two cups of free ice water please". I realise that after paying about $1,500 for our two Premium AP's it's hardly 'free' but nonetheless it seems alien to me in Disney World doing that. Don't worry though I will try it, though part of me still thiks they'll look at me like some scrounger and say "No".

This could even work to my advantage though. When Mrs Merg is thirsty and wants her bottled water I'll say "Oh no my dear, you wait here and I'll go and buy you an iced water in a cup rather than have you struggle drinking from a plastic bottle, sit tight and I'll go and purchase it for you as nothing is too good for my wife". I could be dining out on this for a good while before she twigs :D

I think this is a Southern thing. Living in Texas, we deal with many humid, 100+ days. There isn't a restaurant or theme park in the south that won't give you a cup of free water. Enjoy, my friend!

Maelstrom Troll

We always pack a Nalgene or one of our Tervis cups when we head to the World. The Tervis is much better insulated but they are a little heavier and harder for my daughter to drink out of. The narrow mouthed/ soft side Nalgene is very inexpensive, bounces back after being crushed, and isn't a biggie if it gets lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom