Your Least Favorite Park....and Why

Worldphile

AK.

Not very many interesting attractions. And, it always seems to be 10 degrees hotter and 20% more humid there than any other park.

Was the uncomfortable heat and humidity part of the theming, or just an unforseen consequence?

SpongeScott

Was the uncomfortable heat and humidity part of the theming, or just an unforseen consequence?

One theory I heard was the dense foilage increased the humidity, which in the summer would increase the heat index and that the walkways are narrower, thereby giving the appearance of being crowded. All the other parks are basically free of foilage and are open-spaced for crowd movement.

bearboysnc

I would have to say AK. What few attractions they have are so far apart... it's a hike to each area of the park with little to look at on the way.

Also, the ratio of attractions to merchandise locations seems WAY out of proportion.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
For me, it's MGM. I find it boring. Yea, it has ToT and RocknRoll, but I don't go to WDW for rides. I can get that at my local amusment park. We always buzz through MGM in about 3 hours and I'm ready to go.

My order would be:

1) Epcot/Showcase
2) AK
3) MK
4) MGM

disneyisbest

I think the main problem with AK is they need to put a little something for everyone there. I mean disney has done pretty good at keeping it from being your local zoo, but it just dosen't seem to be enough. Btw does anyone know what the attendance is like at AK. I heard it was getting pretty bad at one point.

Yellow Shoes

Yet another AK rant:

WHO on EARTH designed that thing????:veryconfu :veryconfu

You've got the hub-and-spoke design that works so well at MK, but you ALWAYS have to go back to the middle to get from point A to point B.

At MK you can get from Adventureland to Toontown without having to go back to the castle.

Not so at AK. To get from Camp Minnie-Mickey to the entrance, you have to go all the way back to the tree.
:mad:

Unbelievably poor design.

WDWspider

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
For me, it's MGM. I find it boring. Yea, it has ToT and RocknRoll, but I don't go to WDW for rides. I can get that at my local amusment park. We always buzz through MGM in about 3 hours and I'm ready to go.

My order would be:

1) Epcot/Showcase
2) AK
3) MK
4) MGM

Finally someone else who thinks MGM is the bomb... literarally. I don't like this park either. Although I don't spend a full day at AK, I enjoy this park alot more for what it does have. MGM just seems like someone took a bunch of ideas and just built them wherever they wanted. Although I love ToT and the New Hat Icon, this park needs a lot of restructuring and more movie rides... there's too many shows and boring stuff all over. MGM has not found it's true identity like the other parks.

pheneix

>>>How can you say such a thing?!<<<

Porbably because the place is such a pain to move around. The MK is my favorite park in the world, but the stupidity of people who go to it make it hell to get from Point A to Point B. ;)

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by spider-man

Finally someone else who thinks MGM is the bomb... literarally. I don't like this park either. Although I don't spend a full day at AK, I enjoy this park alot more for what it does have. MGM just seems like someone took a bunch of ideas and just built them wherever they wanted. Although I love ToT and the New Hat Icon, this park needs a lot of restructuring and more movie rides... there's too many shows and boring stuff all over. MGM has not found it's true identity like the other parks.

Ahhh! Yes, someone who thinks like me! :D

I go to WDW for the details, not the rides. I love rides too, but any good amusment park can have roller coasters and water rides. Only Disney has things like Word Showcase, Epcot, and things of this nature. Themed rides are good too, but I don't rate a park on how good it is by the number of E-Ticket rides it can offer me.

This is my pet peeve about most of the AK comments here. If you go to AK and our disapointed 'cos it only has a water ride and some shows, then you missed the point of the entire park. It's called conservation and nature. And how we have to work with nature to preserve it for our next generation.

But all I see here is: "Not very many interesting attractions.", "It only has acouple of good rides and there's to many walking paths.", "it lacks a lot of rides." , etc

What is it with the rides? I don't see people saying that about World Showcase? And you can't tell me you like to sit through O'Canada like it was ToT or something? :lol:

I just don't think people get it. We had a great time at AK. We spent hours doing the nature walks, and seeing all the attractions. Heck, we spent and hour just talking to a CM/Vet about some of the things they do with the animals, plus we even did the tour, and are doing the new tour this fall when we go back.

But that's OK. If this indicates that thier would be less people there 'cos theres not enough rides, more time for me to enjoy it. :D

Off my box...(and please, this was not to be taken as any sort of flamming. Just my opinion.)

BTW, spider-man, nice little Stich in you logo, didn't catch that one at first! :)

disneyisbest

I like Kilamanjaro. But they could do a better job of combing the animals with attractions. And Kali River Rapids was disappointing to me. I mean it was ok, but was not worth the near 2 hours I had to wait to ride it.

Kilaminjaro is an excellent ride, I'll admit, and AK is an amzing park, but I like MK and MGM alot more than AK. MK has the magic and the rides, and I always have a great time their, but when I last went to AK, it just seemed like a regular theme park, and not a Disney theme park.

westie

My .02

As a parent, I dislike MK for the stroller bashing(you know who you are!), always crowded, always rude, kids crying and out of control, and the parents always demanding to get their moneys worth and not take junior back to the room or pool for a while, to regroup and regain a small amount of sanity.

Do you think our ear drums are prepared for your kids death solo?:hammer:

Being from CA and going to DL a lot we are somewhat unphased by the MK and just hit the spots they don't have back home. Although, the MK is the best place to see a parent meltdown. Priceless!

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I agree with most people in saying that Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park. There are a few good rides but the park is too spread out and doesn't have enough E ticket rides for you to go more than once during your trip. Every other park you can go to more than once but Animal Kingdom you can do in a half a day.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man

Spidey...I agree with you also...POOR POOR design. ToT is great...probably up in the top of all WDW attractions...along with Fantasmic. BUT...There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to the layout of the park. It's a jumbled mess.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by disneyman15
I agree with most people in saying that Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park. There are a few good rides but the park is too spread out and doesn't have enough E ticket rides for you to go more than once during your trip. Every other park you can go to more than once but Animal Kingdom you can do in a half a day.

You're not the first person to say that they only do AK once during your trip (I being another). BUT, If the transportation was easy enough...I would definitely go during a "park-hopper" day. MK to Epcot is the monorail...Epcot to MGM is the boat...
Can you take a bus from MGM to AK??? I know that you can't get to Downtown Disney from any of the parks but can you get from park to park via bus?

Nut4Disney

I'm not a big fan of AK, just not into the animal thing. However it's a toss up between AK and MGM for the one that I dislike the most. I just don't feel like there is any magic when I walk into MgM. Sure, ToT and RnR are fun but, I just think that they need to concentrate more on subtleties (sp). Epcot is by far still my favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom