Your "Happy Place" & your regular eating place

Katherine

My happy place is sitting at the end of main street on the curb looking towards the castle just after closing while the shops are still open. The music, the lights, and the more calm excitement in the air as families head home after a long and magical day is the perfect time to just take it all in.

need2go2wdw

My happy place is when I first walk through the front doors of whatever hotel I am staying at, especially Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge and the cool air hits me, that wonderful Disney resort smell surrounds me and I know I will be greeted at that check in desk with a warm "welcome home"! Ahhh, that is definitely home! :ROFLOL:

My favorite places to eat....hmmmm....it used to be Ohana until they took away the potatos and added noodles and broccoli :dazzle: lol! Then it would have been Liberty Tree Tav, but they took the characters away now :(...I know I sound like I am complaining! I still love them, but now my favs would be Whispering Canyon Cafe, Mickeys BYBBQ and 50's Prime Time Cafe. For counter service, I LOVE Pizzafari and Pecos Bill! I guess they would be Happy places too, I just love it there! 86 days....:sohappy:

My happy place is similar to one above. Waking up early in the morning on the first full day in Disney (typically the only day I get up early) and walking around the resort, or sitting on a balcony and watching the day get started. Especially in the summer when the temp. is in the 80s and you already have to cut the air with a knife. Favorite place to eat is Chef Mickey's, by far. I love getting off the monorail and heading around the corner to see that buffet waiting for me.

Billy6

My happy place is in the queue of Space Mountain, and the long rewarding walk to the load area..and then riding....:sohappy:

Favorite place to eat: My family must always eat at Cosmic Rays, and sit by Sonny Eclipse...cant call it a good trip til that happens...:)

Teddi

I think most of my happy places are also food places. Cosmic Rays in TL, Electric Umbrella at Epcot, Pecos Bills in Frontierland. I have great memories of all of these places throughout my life. I used to live in Orlando, so all of my family members would come and visit over time and when we would sit down to eat we got to talk about the day to come, or the day that was ending. And it's always nice to sit down for awhile!
I am getting ready to go with my friend for her 26th birthday. She hasn't been to WDW since she was 7. Her strongest memory is eating at the San Angel and thinking that the volcano was real and that she and her family were in grave danger for their whole meal!

Four more days!!! :sohappy:

conntom

I love the Carousal of Progress and I end up at Crystal Palace to eat.
I love seeing the Castle for the First time when I go I feel like a kid again.

:xmas:

Matt and Kelly

Great Thread!!

My happy place is getting to the Magic Kingdom on that first day of the vacation and seeing the train station, watching the opening show then walking (or running!) through the tunnel to get to Main Street.

After this past trip we took, I would say my favorite place to eat is inside the castle at Cinderella's Royal Table. We had the table right next to the window overlooking Fantasyland...it was great!

MichRX7

Premium Member
My happy places are:
1) Riding the boat from Ft Wilderness to the MK. Especially as you cross the water bridge and the anticipation builds to round that corner and get your first real glimpse of the MK.

2) As you see the first parade float in the distance coming toward you from any MK night parade (I still miss ELP)

3) Staying in Ft Wilderness and hearing the distant notes of the Electrical Water Pageant getting closer

Favorite place to eat: Trails End Buffet in Ft Wilderness...yummmmmm...

MouseDreaming

My happy place is the first day, standing on the platform for the train, turning around and getting that spectacular view up Main Street. There is something about seeing that castle that makes me feel like I'm 6 years old, again.

Favorite eating happy place? Tony's Town Square. Both times we've eaten there, we were "stuck" for Spectromagic. What a fantastic seat!:D

Tiggerfanatic

Nothing takes me to my Happy Place like the monorail doors swooshing shut and hearing the words "Welcome Aboard...." That's when I know I'm really there!!!

I can't really name one favorite place to eat - I'ver liked all of the places we've gone on our last 3 trips. If I had to pick just one, I guess it would have to tbe the Rose & Crown, just because we had the sweetest CM waiting on us.

petersenjp

My Happy Place - The top of SSE
My Fav place to eat - Well, fav is Cali Grill. Place that always feels like disney, dinner at Pecos Bills, then a ride on PoTC.

CBug88

A Happy spot for me is walking through Adventureland at night just after riding POTC- listening to the Adventurland music loop.

I also LOVE beginning my day at MK with lunch at LTT. It gives me a really calm and relaxed feeling and I love the atmosphere, along with the food.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Riding the monorail from the TTC to MK and seeing the castle for the 1st time ALWAYS makes me weep. Happy tears, but weep I do.

Hoop Dee Doo is my all-time favorite place to eat, it brings back a whole host of happy memories

hack2112

My happy place is either ToT, GMR (With certain guides), JC, or my BLSRS until my finger can't move with a bit of SM thrown in the mix.

Favorite place to eat is ether Le Cellier or The Brown Derby.

adambrady

My happy place would have to be the Magical Express Bus. It seems like once I sit down on that bus, all my stresses and worries are gone and I feel free. That bus takes me to all my other happy places.

Favorite restaurant would have to be Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Resort. It is a family favorite and something we look forward to before every trip.

Mine is definately walking in Frontierland. I don't know what it is, but I have always loved the place. I also have a warm spot for the entrance of MK.

As far as food, cosmic rays. I've always been a budget traveler so any place with items over $10 is usually not in the cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom