Your First Trip To Walt Disney World!

What age were you when you first went to WDW? (pick your age range)

• 0-4

Votes: 56 23.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 65 27.5%
  • 11-15

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • 16-20

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • 21-25

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 41-45

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 46-50

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

sarajo

I was not quite 4 on my first trip in spring of 1972- the first spring the park was opened. I remember that trip being quite magical. And, a few years ago, I found the trip invoice from that stay at the Polynesian- the tab (room, a few meals, and ticket books) for 4 nights was just over $200. Can you believe it!?!?

Best trip... this past Christmas when we were there with our 3 year old daughter and 2 month old son. Our 3 year old wouldn't approach any of the characters with "heads" except for Mickey and Minnie!!! But when she saw Mickey and Minnie, she would run right up to them and hug them! Then, when she saw Cinderella and Belle for the first time... I thought she was going to pass out! She was so excited and didn't really know what to do- except jump up and down! And when Snow White wanted to hold my baby son- that was just too precious!

It was really neat to get to see the parks through my daughter's eyes this year. That must have been how it was for me the first time.

Craig & Lisa

God compared to all of you people I'm a late bloomer, 1997 with wife and two sons. I was 38, and since then we have gone 11 times, and in 5 days it will be 12, then again in November with some extra family, newbies too! PIPPA! how are you and your husband doing, and how is your wonderful Kungaloosh!! :animwink:

LPK

Original Poster
DisneyFanLS said:
Definitely getting engaged right in front of Cinderella's Castle....I had already decided that that was where I wanted to do it, and she had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that I was going to ask her....well, we had walked around the MK ALL day and we were sitting in Adventureland, when I said to her that I wanted to go back over to the castle to get some video footage....well, she rolled her eyes (because I could tell she was tired)...and she even said that she was too tired to walk "ALL the way back over there"....so we walked back over to the castle. I was standing there looking for someone I could get to video the event for me, when I saw this very nice looking older couple come through the castleway. I told them that I was about to propose to my girlfriend, and that she had NO IDEA what I was about to do, and asked the lady if she would videotape it for me......she agreed, and I walked back over to my (then) girlfriend and was pretending to pose for some video......and I reached in my pocket, took out the ring (which I had carried around ALL day long), and got down on one knee...well the rest as they say is history....I was on my knee for a little while because I had some things that I wanted to say before I actually asked THE question, so a bit of a crowd had gathered around when she finally said yes :kiss: .....well, everyone that was standing around began to applaud and hug us and congratulate us, etc.....after that, I asked her if she was still "too tired" to walk back over now?? She just grinned big and smacked me on my arm....

And by the way.......we also honeymooned there a year later!!!! :animwink: :sohappy:
that is so sweet :D:D:D:D:sohappy::sohappy:

Pizza Guy

My first trip was in the early 70's when the only option was MK or River Country. It was still a blast. Many traditions started that still hold to this day.

My most memorable trip? No contest - it was taking my 2 year old daughter (now four, with three trips under her belt) there for the first time. The awe and wonder on her face was something that I will never forget - It is true what they say about the magic. We had so many great experiences that trip, but one special one comes to mind. We were walking around Animal Kingdom on a pretty hot day, and my daughter was running to get in line to see Chip, who had just appeared in his Afican Safari garb for pictures and autographs. This was towards the end of our trip, and she was now accustomed to the "standing in line" part of the process to see the characters. She proceeded to trip over her feet and sprawl accross the concrete, skinning her knee pretty bad. As we ran over to her, we noticed that Chip ws coming over also because he had seen what had happened. He knelt down by us as we were comforting our daughter and began to hug her and "bandage" up her booboo and just in general try to make her feel better. Her spirits perked up immediately and she stopped crying and gave Chip a huge hug, which drew applause and many "Aww's" from the crowd who was gathered and saw it happen.

It was so touching and made my wife even tear up (as for me - there was just something in my eye...) We mentioned it to the park personnel on our way out and am hoping the CM was recognized for going above and beyond the call of duty for a little girl's first trip to the magic of WDW.

MissM

I first went in 1984. I was eight. It was awesome. I still remember how much I loved Imagination and Figment.

I don't know what one time was best. There are so many magical visits. I went on a field trip to Epcot in 7th grade and skipped out of our group with a friend by outselves to MK. (My one real school "crime." lol) I went for Grad Nite my senior year in 1995. I satyed over at the WL for the first time in 2003. We went for MVMCP for the first time in 2004. We did the first MNSSHP on Halloween night for the first time in 2005 and we also spent xmas eve there as well.

It's all special in it's own way.
-m

HoW

I can't remember my exact first trip, growing up in Tampa my family was at WDW all of the time. One of my earliest memories though has to be in '88 when I had just graduated from Kindergarten. My dad and I went up on the afternoon of the last day of school to set up our site at Fort Wilderness early for my family. When we got there we had to sit in his van because it had started hailing so bad. I remember wondering how in the world ice was coming down in the middle of a Florida summer and thinking, "This place REALLY IS magical!" The rest of the weekend was just gravy compared to that moment.

JimboJones123

Rachael83 said:
My first trip to WDW was on my 5th birthday in '88. At the time I was still a little English girl (moved to the states when I was 8) and it's one of my first real memories. My sister was 3 at the time and just an inch or two too short to ride BTMR but really wanted to ride so my mom put a hat on her and poofed it up so she would look tall enough. Obviously that didn't fool the CM's measuring her, but they leaned over and asked her if she wanted to ride (with my mom crossing her fingers for a positive answer) and she nodded and the CM let her ride!:sohappy:

My best experience was the 7 months I spent as a CP working custodial in WS. I got to work in every country around the 'world' and got to deal with some wonderful guests who got angry when I didn't speak the native language of the country who's comodes I was cleaning at the time :brick:

awesome avatar --"axel foley/judge reinhold -- how can that be???"

minnie2000

First time was in 1978 when I was 7. I had been quite ill all Summer with kidney problems, and had lost a lot of weight. My parents decided to take me out of school for 2 weeks and head over to Florida, for some Disney and sunshine. My mother says that in those 2 weeks, I learned to swim, put on weight and got a suntan, and she felt that she was taking a different child home!

Best moment in Disney...I'll have to think about that one!

disneydaft

My first trip to Disney World in 2004 I was 26, We leave for our 3rd trip on my 28th Birthday this year.

I did visit Disneyland in California when I was 15, way back in 1993. Hopefully I will get back there for a visit soon.

RnRJoe6114

My first time was when I was just over 7 months old. My best experience was when I was 4 and we finally went during the holiday season and I had a blast.

I luv WDW

The first time

My first time was in 1983 when I was 31 (yes, I'm old). I dreamed of going to Disneyland as a child, but never got to go. I felt just like a little kid during my first visit to WDW. I still do, everytime I go.:p

jesserin

My first trip was when i was 7 - and a total Daisy Duck addict. ;)

Best and Favorite trip ever was in 2001 with b/f (now DH) we stayed at the All Star Sports for 15 days. The most incredible trip I've ever been on. For college kids (or anyone really) a 2 week trip to WDW was a dream come true - and we certainly made the most of every minute! (not to mention we were in the best shape of our lives - so we had tons of energy and stayed out late all the time) I still smile when I think about that trip! :)

Agent1964fem

I was 34 it was out 10 year anniversary. Second honeymoon kind of thing. The most memorable part of the trip is we stayed at Wilderness Lodge we had dinner one night at the Whispering Canyon...just the pony races around the restaurant and all the jokes. Some woman asked for barbecue sauce ......if you ever get a change to eat there do it we laughed so hard my sides hurt the next day !

Even miracles take a little time . (Fairy Godmother to Cinderella )

Wilderness Lodge Aug 1997
Caribbean Beach Aug 2003
Port Orleans Riverside Aug 2005
next trip 2007

Valawen9

I can't even remember my first time because I was just a baby, but I've had a lot of fun trips there. My most memorable ones are probably December of '04, February of this year, and then I went last weekend, just for the weekend...it was very short, but probably one of the most fun times I've had there.:)

disney.co.nr

I was 4 and it was in 1992. I dont really remember anything acctually but my parents tell me that I HATED the Haunted Mansion, now it's one of my favorite rides...

zjer

1st time was when I was 18, it was my high school graduation present from the grandparents. I am now 23 (soon to be 24) and my fifth trip will be this September...with free dining!!!

scorp111

1st time was when I was 30, less than 2 years ago. I have made a total of 4 trips now. We are going to DL for the 1st time in May, and back to WDW in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom