Your First Trip To Walt Disney World!

What age were you when you first went to WDW? (pick your age range)

• 0-4

Votes: 56 23.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 65 27.5%
  • 11-15

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • 16-20

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • 21-25

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 41-45

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 46-50

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Tinkrbell

My first trip was in May 1992, I wasn't even 3 yet.
My favorite WDW memory is eating dinner on Easter Sunday in 2004 on the floor in Cosmic Ray's because it was pouring outside & all the tables in the building were being used. Now every Easter, we joke about sitting on the floor & eating chicken strips for Easter dinner.

GrowingUpDisney

My first trip to WDW was in 1997 and I was six months old. Of course, I don't remember a thing. My family has visited every year since then (sometimes more than once a year) I do have pictures of myself on Dumbo at a very young age and one of me with Minnie Mouse at about 5.

Now that I have a son, all of my memories seem to be of him at Disney. We is three and has been 6 times already and we are going three times this year. My favorite memory is from October 2005 when we went to the MNSSHP for the first time. He has never been afraid of the Charaters and seeing him greet all of the Charaters will a smile and hello was priceless to me. the mice from Cinderella and the Little Einsteins were his favorites.

I love how the Villans stay so true to character. Check out this photo of my son hugging the Wicked Queen from Snow White.

1191025656443c8ce031edc.jpg

justducky78

My first trip to WDW was in 1989 with my parents and brother. We followed my older sister down there who was with her high school marching band. We got to see her march at Epcot!

We stayed off property but I remember the signs along the highway -- calling to me! I was so excited. I have a pic of mom/me with Donald (favorite character) that's pretty cute.

I remember spaceship earth and the land ride and the fireworks at Epcot but not much more than that. Weird how you remember some things but not others.

I hardly remember the magic kingdom at all (which is my favorite park now) - except for small world, which I loved!

EDIT: Oh! I do remember Haunted Mansion (which I was too scared to go on) and I think I did Thunder Mountain with my brother.

TrentMom

My first time was in 85, when I was 8. We stayed off site at A Days Inn I believe.

My best experience was when my husband I were working there and we wen to MGM Studios to celebrate his birthday. We had dinner at Prime Time Cafe and while waiting for our table, we got a few drinks. They found out it was his birthday and gave him lemon shots, which were huge. Well, he got a little tipsy and when we were eating, he was told he was being "bad" by his "mom", the waitress and she made him stand in the corner... It was hysterical.

24 more days!!!!:cool:

Laura

Premium Member
I was born in October 81 and went to Disney in May 82. So about 6 1/2 months old.

I can't narrow down a "best" experience. I could list about 20 of my favorite moments in a heartbeat.

FBullock

First trip was part of a band trip to Florida in Spring of 1972. I was a Soph. in HS. Didn't go back again till 1985, when our oldest daughter was 2.5 yrs old. For the last 4 yrs, we've been going twice a year. Once in the spring for her birthday/Mother's day & then in the Oct to Dec. time frame. I got to go 3 times last year because my company sent me to Orlando for a week of training. I got to go after class.

going again in 30 days .

barnum42

First time I was 20, it was a solo trip. I'd wanted to go for as long as I could remember and now that I was working I could afford to save and go :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

My first trip was 1994 - I was 33. This trip is obviously the best because it was full of so many "first time" experiences.
My most enjoyable trip was in 2003 - I'd been a visitor to this site for 12 months and found out so many new things about WDW.

JuicyJessie

My first trip was just last month but I have been everyday since as I am a CM in World Showcase at Epcot. My best experience so far has definately been watching wishes for the first time, I had waited for that moment for too long!

CThaddeus

My first trip in 1996 (I was 26) will always be the most memorable. I had been trying for years to go to Disney World, and finally a deal came up I couldn't ignore. I loved the Magic Kingdom, but I was completely blown away by EPCOT Center...not so much World Showcase (which is fine), but Future World. It symbolized to me the perfect symbiosis of entertainment and education. I was stunned that almost every attraction actually lasted more than a few minutes and, best of all, told engaging stories. Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Cranium Command, Journey Into Imagination, the Making of Me, Circle of Life...these were my most vivid memories of that trip. Of course, The Great Movie Ride at the Disney-MGM Studios made quite an impression on me, as did the Magic Kingdom's new Tomorrowland, but EPCOT's Future World was so much more perfect all-around. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see World of Motion (I have since, and it is now one of my favorites, too), and Universe of Energy wasn't open either (glad I missed the original, but if the current one had been open then, I would have been even more impressed). I miss Alec Tronic from Innoventions, too. The show I caught was great, though I wish I'd caught more than just one (there were multiple ones, I believe). It was my favorite Park then, so much more so than the Future World of today. I'd love to jump in a time machine (with the Timekeeper) and check it out again. At least there's always my videos...

SpoiledTink

I was 14 when I first went to WDW...I still remember walking down Main Street for the first time, the sights, the smells, everything...Although, I must say I did not have as much fun that time around...It was at Christmas with a friend and her family...I missed my own family a lot...the best vacation was when I went with my parents in 2002...
I still remember the exact same feeling walking down Main Street, USA, but this time, I got to watch my mother enter the Magic Kingdom for the first time, at her young age of 49...She cried just seeing the top of the castle from the bus...It was a vacation full of magical memories to last a lifetime

EpcotGrl

My first trip was when I was 18, our Girl Scout troop's post-Graduation trip :)

My favorite memory is as a CP in '03, and eating around the world at Epcot with one of my roommates :) ...and gaining weight, which I'm sure was in no way related ;):lol:

alitressa

January 1974, I had just turned 6 years old.

Best memory: We met Snow White and the seven drawfs and I was frightened of Grumpy. My dad tried to made more comfortable by saying "Don't worry he is not real, he's only a dummy." whereupon Grumpy took a swing at my dad.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

I was 11 when I 1st went back in 1996. The funny thing is my family & I were supost to go to Disneyland because my Dad was having a trade show in Anaheim at the time. Well that was canceled, so then my Dad said lets go to Walt Disney World & ever since then we have been going back there. As for my favorite vacation there, I could not say when it was because I have always had a great time there.

eils

we first "crossed the pond" from Little Britain to wdw in 2001 and i was 11.wdw was celebrating "100 years of magic" and we didn't know about it untill we got there!. it was amazing!!.we recently went back to wdw in nov.2005 and i didn't want to come home!. i'm trying to convince my dad to go next year! :D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom