Your first time at WDW

MayKit

Original Poster
What year did you first go to WDW, and what do you most remember about that visit? For me it was 1985. I was 13 and glad my parents had waited to take us until Epcot was finished! (I think it had been open about 2 years then)

Mr Bill

About 1992, I remember very little about it. I remember seeing the boat Thunder, from Thunder in Paradise. I remember being afraid of the Haunted Mansion and ending up loving it, and I remember the Carousel of Progress.

TTATraveler

1986 - I was in kindergarten and I came down with the chicken pox in Florida. We were staying at a Days Inn on 192 that was infested with bugs and after 1 night there we moved over to a Holiday Inn. Other than that, I don't remember anything about WDW.

MayKit

Original Poster
My cousin Gina is married to one of the actors that was on Thunder in Paradise! (Chris Lemmon) Did they film all of it at WDW? I never saw the show (it's not my kind of show) and I don't remember what my aunt told me about all this.

LostNametag

I was a deprived child so my first trip to WDW was when I was a Junior in High School. Our band went for the Magic Music Days and marched in the parade at Epcot. We played a Patriotic Medly of songs and "Let's Groove Tonight". It was awesome. We went to each park and Disney Quest and stayed at the (where else?) All-Star Music Resort. We were also there for New Year's, which couldnt have been better. Our last day/park was MK and we stayed there from open to close- about 16 hours. And it was freezing! The fireworks were great though. I made a statement during that trip that proves wishes really do come true. As my best friend and I were walking around the World Showcase during Illuminations I turned to her and said "I want to live at Disney World...and one day I will." And I did! I never forgot that I had said/wished that when I was down there this past time. That was my first taste of the magic. I'll never forget it.

PagingTomMorrow

i went when i was in 2nd grade i was 7 years old and that was 1995

my greatest memories were

"god the air conditioning in this room is on high"

i remember spectromagic and being told i was smiling so hard my mom thought my face was gonna crack

i remember being terrified of haunted mansion and ended up loving it

i remember River Country (REST IN PEACE RIVER COUNTRY!!! I MISS YOU!!!:cry: )

i remember big thunder mountain was the only roller coaster i would go on and again i was initially terrified but now i love it

i dont remember much but i definitely liked it

and now im going for my 5th time in july! :sohappy:

JaclynR

My first time was so awesome. It was my first plane ride, first vacation, etc out of New York. It was summer of 1990, 11 years old, and we did Disney World and Universal. MGM and Universal were just about brand new and we stayed at the Dolphin hotel (also new at the time) the same time the Tracy cast was there. I remember seeing the boy actor from the movie in the lobby (Charlie something). My memories are so vivid and everything made me gasp. I loved Captain EO the best.

natalia1681

I went for the first time in 1987. I was 6. I remember riding Space Mountain with just my dad (my little brother and mom didn't ride).

I remember going to a corporate lounge and not having to wait in line for Horizons (they put us on at the end of the ride).

I remember watching the China video and that my dad thought that was so cool.

I remember River Country, too! It had a little petting zoo at the entrance as well, if I'm remembering correctly.

I remember the Spectro Parade (might have been called something different).

I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I also remember riding 20K Leagues and my poor mom getting a little claustrophobic in that sub.

I can't wait to make more memories! Just 17 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

scorp111

I went for the first time in September 2004, when I was 30 years old.

Obviously I remember everything about the trip!

The feeling when we went under the WDW arch was the coolest!!

DisneySam

My first trip to WDW was for my 18th Birthday. We went to the Magic Kingdom and MGM. I remember alot since it was only like four years ago. The main points were Splash Mountain, eating lunch at the Castle, riding the Great Movie Ride, and lots of other stuff...that's all I got right now.

WDFAN1977

I went in 1990. I was 12 years old. We stayed at the Plaza in DD. The most memorable thing to me was Cinderella's castle, Typhoon lagoon, and the pet-pet farm at fort wilderness. It is crazy how much WDW has grown in 15 years.

mayrag

It was 1975. I was 4 years old and I don't remember much. When I see the pictures I kinda remember something...

redsfan4life

It was June of 1977 I went for my fourth bday . What i remember the most is eating at Pinnochio's . I know weird I just remember being spell bound sitting at the window watching people getting on and off of A Small World.

GenerationX

It was Spring Break, 1983. I was a senior in high school. We had an early spring break that year so we missed the majority of the crowds. My favorite memory from the trip was staying at the MK until park close and riding Space Mountain with my dad five times in a row (all practically walk-ons!)

EpcotGrl

My first trip was in 1997 post-HS graduation.

I remember being mad that the castle was all covered up in Pepto ;) And I remember the playground on Tom Sawyer's Island that no longer exists...because we thought it was marvelous! And I loved Space Mountain in spite of the fact that I broke my sunglasses on it :) And we spent the entire vacation trying to get me to put my hands up on Splash...and the only picture that came out w/my hands up, my best friend's hand covered my face :lol:

Who knew it would start an addiction?!

Austin1

My first trip was July 2000. I remember they day before we actually went to MK my dad found some road that we probably wern't supposed to be on, anyway we could see the castle and space mountain!!!! I couldn't believe that I was actually seeing it with my own eyes, it's safe to say I didn't get much sleep that night. :hammer:

CapnStinxy

August 20th, 1972. As I was just about two months old, my memories are probably overly unstructured and not subject to recall without some heretofore-as-yet-undiscovered science. Hurfurfur. My family does have pix, though. Aside from an absolutely outrageous Hawaiian shirt my father is wearing, the most notable characteristic is how small the trees are. This made for almost agoraphobia-inducing sight lines.

HunnyPot

I'm not sure of the year, sometime around 1986. I don't remember too much, but mom said one day we were resting on a bench in Fantasyland and some characters came along and played with my brother and me. (I don't remember which characters.) She said they were really playing with us, like running around and playing tag, not just posing for a picture. My parents are notorious for not taking cameras anywhere, so of course she didn't have one. She said other families were taking our picture though, and there sat my parents, not taking any pictures and a bunch of strangers somewhere have our picture with the characters! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom