Your First Day?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hi folks, I was asked this question today by friends who are doing their first vacation staying onsite.What do you do the first day?If it's your first stay at a Disney resort do you explore the resort or do you hit the parks.I suppose if you've been at your resort before then you'll know your way around,or maybe if you've had a long journey a cool refreshing swim is on your agenda.What is your tradition for your first day?:wave:

tinkerbell24

Well we don't arrive til late on so we just check in, have a bit of dinner and a nosey round the resort, then an early night so that we are up early and fresh for the parks in the morning :D magic kingdom is always our first stop the next day :sohappy:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We don't ever stay onsite. The prices are ridiculous, you spend most of your day in the park anyways..

Soo... Our tradition for our first day is usually ALWAYS EPCOT. It's the family's favorite. And usually we start off the day with Spaceship Earth, and we also usually end with it too :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

JeffnPa

We always check in and hit the pool, after a long day of travel/flight its good to allow the kids time to swim, then in the evening hit a park and take some rides in and dinner.

Zenmeister

We usually spend check-in day at the resort and the first evening at EPCOT. We generally don't start following our touring plan until Day 2.

yensid67

What I do on my very first full day is do something other than the parks, yes, your vacation is to WDW, BUT there are so many other things to do around Orlando that most tourists miss out on! I like going to I-Drive and take in the sights, go to another NON-DISNEY Park, 192 area attractions, go to the Cocoa Beach for the day. More than likely, I use the first day as a FREE/REST day and just enjoy being somewhere else other than where I live! Afterall, this is a vacation, a time to rest and get recharged. Something else I do is take the last day of the vacation and use it as a FREE/REST day. Because you usually go home feeling tired from your vacation, but at least this way you have rested a little so you are not as tired when you get home! I also do laundry on the last day! There is no other task I TRULY hate then to have to do laundry when I get home, and before I have to go back to work!

Floridagirl

We always arrive around 7-8pm ( but because we are 5 hours in front it's actually 12 - 1 am) so after a full day of traveling from the uk we excitedly look round our villa and choose which bedrooms we are having etc and all dive in the pool then straight to bed.
We always send our 1st official day at Magic Kingdom!! Walking down main street and seeing the castle in the background is priceless :sohappy::sohappy:

DisneyDebNJ

We always arrive around 9am so we do check in, then breakfast at Kona Cafe, then hit Epcot. We stroll around World Showcase for a bit, head back to the resort and do O'hana for dinner.

What do you do on your first day

We hit the hotel around 1 pm and then go to MK to ride HM, hit a few rides to get our feet wet and eat. We love to see the fireworks, that's when I really feel that vacation has begun.:sohappy:

SnowFire

For us, the first thing we usually do is ride the monorail. It doesn't even mean we are going to a park right away or not - riding the monorail has always said to us "we're finally here!" Traditionally, our first park is Magic Kingdom.

btk2333

We get checked in, change if we need to, and head to EPCOT first thing! Spaceship Earth is our traditional first ride. We'll usually have dinner at EPCOT or the EPCOT resorts our first night as well

GeoDonJac34

We really don't have any tradition. We just look at what park is open late that night, book an ADR in that area, and spend the day in that park. We want to get the most out of the parks on the first day.

tarjaybuff

Our tradition

Goal is to arrive at the resort by noon. Check-in, and head right to DTD to eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich. Then we walk around DTD, and head back to the hotel for dinner. We then explore the resort in the evening, and get ready to hit the parks on Day 2.:sohappy:

Mikester71

We usually arrive at Pop around 1-3pm on a Saturday after spending a day and a half driving down there, so we usually check-in and throw our stuff in the room before heading down to the cafeteria to buy our new mugs. After getting a drink in them, we usually take a nice leisurely stroll around the Pop grounds to get reacquainted with our home away from home. After we finish our drinks and throw our mugs back into our room, we hit up Downtown Disney for the night. Usually save Magic Kingdom, our first park, for the next day - our first full day down there. :sohappy:

jlevis

We always stay offsite at our timeshare resort. We typically arrive about 4pmish and after checking in and unloading we head to Publix to shop. We get back to the villa and grill dinner then it is hot tub/pool time.

mickeysshoes

Our first day depends on what time we arrive...(it always varies on the price of flights) and where we stay. Last trip we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and after checking in we headed right down to the Big River Grill for lunch. (I like to plan a ARD for arrival day that does not require a ADR as we never know about flight delay and what not). Then after lunch we took care of the room issues and settled in and showered. Then off to Epcot for the evening. The year before we were at the WL. Our flight was delayed and we arrived 5 hours later than planned so it was midnight. If we would have arrived on time it would have been right off the the MK and winged dinner. Year before that we POFQ and after getting checked in it was off to DTD for dinner and a stroll around stopping for ice cream. So as you can see it all depends on where we stay. No set plan.

Susan Savia

We don't ever stay onsite. The prices are ridiculous, you spend most of your day in the park anyways..

Soo... Our tradition for our first day is usually ALWAYS EPCOT. It's the family's favorite. And usually we start off the day with Spaceship Earth, and we also usually end with it too :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

We do not stay onsite either and our first park is always Epcot and our first ride is always Spaceship Earth and last. MK is usually the second day.

Prof Ecks

We get in around 100 pm, check in and then usually head to either MK or EPCOT. Dinner at California Grill where we can watch Wishes. That puts us deep into a magical mood.

gaga4disney

every second counts, so we usually get to the resort by 9am check in and have breakfast at the resort. In the past it's been a split between AK in the morning and Epcot in the evening. We don't spend much time at AK so we like to get it out of the way. We manage to get the resort touring throughout the trip at some point. Next time we go I'd like to start with Epcot all day; spaceship earth first ride.

Philhar-Fanatic

We usually arrive between 11am and 2pm. We check-in and head out to either AK or Epcot. We take it easy with no touring plan in mind. We go clockwise in order of the park and ride what we can ride. If we can still get fastpasses we do, if not we move on to the next. We always allot 2 days per park so there's plenty of time to get everything in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom