Your First Day?

Evil Genius

We drive in so we always get to Orlando a day before our resort stay begins and find a place just to crash for the night. We generally will go wander around DtD for a few hours to grab a bite to eat then rest up for the next morning.

On the day our resort stay is set to begin we'll drive there around 7:00 A.M. and do early check in to drop off our luggage and get our keys to the kingdom. Then we hope the next bus to the Magic Kingdom to start our next magical vacation!

Sharkreef11

Typically by the time we get to the resort it's about 3pm. The first thing is usually figure out food!!:slurp: We stay at pretty much the same resorts every year so we know our lay of the land. Most cases we are walking over to Epcot and will hit one of our favorite QS Sunshine Seasons. It is quite the gem and we have loved it ever since we found it years ago. Perfect way to start out the vacation. I love the first day... so far away from the last day but dangerously close to it too :(

SulleyanBoo

We check in at a Disney resort of course :animwink: and get settled and usually go straight for MK. We kind of just take it easy the first day..do fireworks or if the crowd is too packed we will browse a little bit then go have hotel fun. We have hotel hopped before which is pretty cool or it is always nice to just lay out by the pool with our favorite drink and just enjoy being at WDW :D

Obi

we check in around 3:00 - 4:00 pm on the day we arrive. get settled into our room, then head on over to downtown disney for dinner at wolfgang puck's, do some window shopping. have to find a grumpy dwarf t-shirt!!! that is tradition for me.. find a grumpy dwarf t-shirt that i like and purchase it...

ahhhhhh..... vacation can commence then... :lol:

NADisney

I usally arrive on a wed morning by plane, or in the evening by car if I decide to drive down .Check into the room,unpack,hook up the laptop , then take a shower,dress and visit Downtown Disney for the evening - window shop,check prices,visit Earl of Sandwich for my Hawiian BBQ Ham sandwich with a strawberry-banna smoothie - YUMMMM!!!:sohappy:

Then thursday visit the MK in the morning just as the gates open up - then head to Haunted Mansion - my first and last ride of the day. :wave:

JillC LI

Completely depends on when our flights get in. If we arrive early, then definitely to a park. If we are trying to let the kids get in a day of school before flying down from NY then we arrive late and might just hit Downtown Disney if there's time. On our first trip ever with the kids, we arrived late, checked out Downtown Disney, and hit our first park in the morning so they could experience the opening ceremony and see the park relatively uncrowded for the first time.

zurgandfriend

First day we usually arrive at our resort between 1 and 2 pm, we always stay on the monrail and we check-in, go to room and drop off carry on's and change clothes if necessary than head to the Magic Kingdom. I need that monorail "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" Main Street USA, partners staue, Cindy's castle rush.

Bocko57

We always arrive around 9am so we do check in, then breakfast at Kona Cafe, then hit Epcot. We stroll around World Showcase for a bit, head back to the resort and do O'hana for dinner.

I like this day. I might have to give it a try. Seems enjoyable and relaxing!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We do not stay onsite either and our first park is always Epcot and our first ride is always Spaceship Earth and last. MK is usually the second day.

Definately what we always do!! Haha

When we go to MK, instead of going from left (Adventureland) to right (Tomorrowland), we usually start from right to left because TL is least crowded in the morning and adventureland is least crowded at night and Fantasyland is crowded all day except mornings and nights..

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

tarin24u

We usually land on Sunday between 10 and 11am (we take a flight around 7:30-8:30), get the car, and head to Publix. We have always been able to check in when we arrive before 3pm. DH and kids hit the pool while I get organized and then we hit MK around 6pm. I still get chills when we see the castle :sohappy: Splash Mountain is our family favorite and we do that first. Columbia Harbour is usually our choice for dinner and we walk outside for the Electric Parade. Sundays have been EMH nights so we stay til closing and soak it all in!! August can't come soon enough :)

6laurac

We check in (usually at night), unpack and my Husband pulls out the Disney books (part of the tradition is getting a new one the year we go) and says "What park are we doing first"?

We normally go to MK first thing in the morning and a big cheesy grin comes over my face as soon as I hear the entrance music and see the flowers where the train depot is. Then it's off the the Emporium to check out the new stuff and plan what new Disney sweatshirt I will bring home to wear in the winter to remind me of my trip.

jmenjes

The last couple of trips have been weekend trips, so after I check in I head for a park.

My normal Disney vacation is a week long getaway. When I go for a week long trip, my first stop after checking in is to Downtown Disney for some shopping.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Check in as quickly as possible.... yeah, yeah..been here before..welcome, welcome, thanks for the KTTW...yup our room isn't ready yet..yup yup..you'll let us know....

Then we do the one thing we've been dreaming about all year..

HIT THE PARKS! :D
MK -- day one -- Always!
Then back to the room about 4-5 ish..

---and then end the day plopped down and relax at whatever dinner reservation we happen to have planned. :slurp:

If we still have some energy we'll stroll around whatever park may have an evening EMH. ...and then...:snore:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hmm.

We don't ever stay onsite. The prices are ridiculous, you spend most of your day in the park anyways..

Soo... Our tradition for our first day is usually ALWAYS EPCOT. It's the family's favorite. And usually we start off the day with Spaceship Earth, and we also usually end with it too :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

I agree,it is expensive to stay onsite,however it's the only way to experience the true magic of WDW. We have done offsite and it sucks heading home at night.Trust me,ain't no comparison.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom