Your first and last park

sbkline

Does anyone have a first and last park that they always visit on their trip? Obviously whatever park you do first is the first park of your trip, but what I mean is, what park MUST you do first, if any? And which one must be last, if any?

On our off property trips so far, we have done EPCOT first. Mainly because when we went on our honeymoon, I remembered EPCOT as an 11 or 12 year old boy (when I was their last before that) and remembered it as a boring place. So I decided to do it first and "get it over with". Turns out I loved it and we did it first the next year, just because that was the precedent set by the year before. Originally, we had MGM scheduled to do last, but we had major brake trouble on the way home from Busch Gardens the night before our scheduled MK day. So we had to have the car in the shop until noon the next day, so I wasn't about to try to squeeze MK in. So we did MGM, then MK the next day, which was our last full day before heading out. We followed that precedent again the next year (minus the brake trouble. LOL).

On our upcoming trip in April, our first on property visit, we have EPCOT down for our first full day (Tuesday). Then MK on Wed, probably until evening, then head to supper,then back to the resort. Then AK and MGM (and probably hop over to EPCOT after finishing AK). Then finish out the trip with a full day and night at MK on Saturday, then an evening at EPCOT on Sunday, then head home Monday. Basically, do the best parks first and last and the others in between.

What about everyone else?

coltow

Before DS was born we used to do MGM for both. We couldn't wait for ToT and RnRc and we also wanted them to be our last rides. Our new tradition is to go to AK on the 1st day and finish with MK. We have some very fond memories with our son at both places now.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We stay a week, always doing MK first and usually MK last also. We spend over one third of our time there. We go to MGM only for a half day, AK twice for a half day each, Epcot 2 or 3 times in the evening, and TL twice and BB once for a few hours each time.

Upvote 0

normdisney

We go to EPCOT first I can see the ball right now! 16 days to go!

Always MK the last day have to waive goodbye to Walt and Mickey in front of the castle. Head down mainstreet and say a sad goodbye till next time!

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Epcot is always our first, and MK is always our last. Our family always takes one last look down mainstreet and we all whisper "Thanks Walt!" and then we all tear up and walk out of the park.

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

Always Magic Kingdom first and last. We want to see the castle as soon as we get there and want that to be our last stop before leaving. Can't wait till December!!!:)

Upvote 0

Mystic

MK is first and last for us. We split most of our time between MK and Epcot with a day at AK and about 3/4 of a day at MGM. 74 Days to Go!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

We always start our trip with the Magic Kingdom and end it with the Magic Kingdom. I once ended it with the Studios and I was sad I did not say goodbye to Peter Pan.

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

Our first trip we did Epcot first, on our second trip we did MK first, on our third trip we did MGM first. This next trip we are planning on MK first. the last day we usually leave on a later flight so we hight different parks and do our favorites at each.

Upvote 0

ace1321

usually seems like we end up doing AK first, mix in mgm and epcot over the next few days with TL and end with MK. Might take advantage of the hopper earlier on in the trip to catch fireworks at MK one night or something like that, but usually save one full day for that park at the end.

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

last time as a family we did MK first and last. Last was great cause the park was empty and we ended the night with Spectromagic and a walk down Mainstreet.

Upvote 0

metscool

My first park was MK and the last park is MK. It is fun and if I don't get on the rides that I didn't go on the first day and I go back and ride them agian. The park is big and the are a lot of rides and there are some times a lot of people there when I usually go.

Upvote 0

raven

I always do MK first and Epcot last.

This trip starting Saturday will be a little different though. I have a person going with me that has never gone before. I want to ride the monorail into MK for our first visit there but the busses always take us to the main gate. I think we might head to Epcot first then take the monorail over to MK.

Upvote 0

metscool

I always do MK first and Epcot last.

This trip starting Saturday will be a little different though. I have a person going with me that has never gone before. I want to ride the monorail into MK for our first visit there but the busses always take us to the main gate. I think we might head to Epcot first then take the monorail over to MK.
You know what you should do is when the bus drops you off head over to the monrail and ride around the 7 Sea Lagoon.

Upvote 0

raven

You know what you should do is when the bus drops you off head over to the monrail and ride around the 7 Sea Lagoon.

Yes, but is there a bus that goes directly to the TTC rather than the main gate of MK? I thought all of the resort buses take you to the main gate at MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom