Your Final Goodbye?

Iris

Original Poster
I apologize if this seems morbid, but here's the premise: It's near the end of your WDW visit, and you know that it will be the last visit to WDW in your life.

Where would you want to spend your last moments before leaving? Where in WDW would you want to say your final goodbye?

MY_NAME_STITCH

Standing at the hub looking at the statue of Walt and Mickey holding hands with the Castle in the background. Say "THANKS", and walk away...:cry:

DarkImage4

Iris said:
I apologize if this is seems morbid, but here's the premise: It's near the end of your WDW visit, and you know that it will be the last visit to WDW in your life.

Where would you want to spend your last moments before leaving? Where in WDW would you want to say your final goodbye?

oh...my...goodness....

How could I even fathom such a thing? This is like telling a concert pianist that though he's made his entire life around playing, that he NEVER play a piece of music ever again, what would he want to play?

I agree with the last poster, the last thing I see would have to be the castle, from Town Square, then walk ander the train station into oblivion...

HoW

Wow, what a thought...

I'd star over by Big Thunder at dusk, take a stroll over towards Liberty square and the Haunted Mansion. Curve back down towards the Hub. The I would wait there and watch the lights come on over Tomorrowland, before giving Walt and Cinderella Castle a knowing nod and heading down Main Street.

jedimaster1227

Iris said:
I apologize if this seems morbid, but here's the premise: It's near the end of your WDW visit, and you know that it will be the last visit to WDW in your life.

Is this hypothetical or a real-life situation? I hope this is meant to be hypothetical because everyone deserves an extra visit to Disney.

Either way, I would go and stand on the second floor of the Mainstreet Train Station to get an amazing view of the castle with Walt and Mickey standing in front of it.

You can see a pretty nice photo that I took from this prime location here: http://www.dreamfinderforever.fotopic.net/p27543552.html

Hope this helps!

VeRTiGo91

goodbye

MY_NAME_STITCH said:
Standing at the hub looking at the statue of Walt and Mickey holding hands with the Castle in the background. Say "THANKS", and walk away...:cry:

This is what I would do as well....then pray the entire time on the monorail that it isn't true, and I CAN go back someday!! :(

V

freediverdude

It wouldn't matter where I was, I would be in tears and couldn't see anything! Someone would have to lead me out and put me in the car. I don't think I could go in the park knowing it would be the last time ever, lol.
:(

DisneyFanLS

MY_NAME_STITCH said:

I have to TOTALLY agree with MY NAME STITCH!!! That would be the perfect place to say goodbye,,,My second choice would be on the spot where I proposed to my wife right in front of (and at the foot of) Cinderella castle!!! WHAT A MOMENT THAT WAS!!!! I think that..."THANKS"...says it ALL!!!! :eek:

MouseearsDeb

Well, I've told my husband for years that when it's my time to go, I want to be cremated(sp?) and my ashes spread in the one of the rose gardens at WDW so that for all the years to come my family can spend vacation with me in the happiest place on earth! :)

AndreainNY

It would be in EPCOT, at the little bridge in front of Italy (maybe I could even get out on the little patio at one of the parties they always seem to be having out there), during the last "boom" of Illuminations, during Food and Wine Festival, with a nice glass of wine in one hand and either a chocolate covered strawberry or a Tiramisu in the other. And I would be bawling my eyes out if I thought that this would be the absolute last time that I could ever do this. I can't take that thought!!! I'd be lost without Disney to look forward to! (134 days to next trip and I am already mentally packing!!!)

bgraham34

I wouldn't want to do that. Just leave and never look back. It will make it easier. I would not want to think too much about it.

HMGhost13

kinda with bgraham here...i'd do one last look at haunted mansion (maybe salute it) and just go. otherwise...i'd never be able to leave. heck the day i left Charlotte, NC to move to florida (2 weeks ago) i nearly cried.

meryll83

I always thought about having my ashes sprinkled there, coz that way, when you left, you would know that you would always be going back there one day.

oh this is sooooooooo sad! :cry:

rileyspaw

I'd be standing near the flagpole looking down Main Street towards the castle, watching the fireworks explode in the sky over CINDERELLA'S CASTLE, and secretly thanking WALT and the man upstairs for all my visits and magical memories!! :)

sbkline

Obviously, everyone who visits WDW will one day make their final trip there. But I think the majority of people will make their final trip without realizing that this will be their last. People who go, planning to go again, but who never get around to it and then die. So, going there and KNOWING it is your last trip, certainly will happen for some, but only for the minority, IMO. Maybe for older people who know that their health is failing and that they don't have much longer and they know that this will probably be their last trip. But other than that, I don't think most people will plan on a particular trip being their last.

I would spend my last few moments at the Magic Kingdom because every year we end our trip walking down Main Street after the fireworks. I couldn't imagine not being able to go to Disney again. That would be a very VERY sad day.

"...please help us maintain the dignity of our hall."

this wouldnt work for me because i never say goodbye to anyone or anything. i always assume im going to see them again. if anything its more like a TTFN!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom