Your favourite tradition when you arrive at WDW.

JessicaB

For us after a long drive in we'll grap our keys and drop our stuff off at the room. Then we usually hit the gift shop and food court for our refillable mugs, before heading to Downtown Disney for the evening. We usually try to get back early to rest before our early start the next morning. :)

Polyman

Smelling the lobby of the Poly, then continuing on to the MK for a Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace. Returning to the true tradition now that the original Citrus Swirl is back.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Princess Sophie

Love reading any thread but this has made me miss "home" so much! Like many
We arrive usually late (from Scotland) check in, grab refill mugs! Stay at All Stars so grab a Philly cheese steak sub and head over to Sports to walk bout round the pool, this was 1st hotel we stayed at 1st time at the world (miss the beach boys songs at pool now thou) then right along to movies where we had our honeymoon just take in the atmosphere before an early start the next morning!

MKCP 1985

Its funny but when I was younger, I couldn't get up Main Street USA fast enough so that we could find some rides and attractions, and now I take a very leisurely stroll up Main Street, soaking in all the sights, sounds and smells. I hope to see the big Clydesdale hauling the wagon up and down Main Street, but if not, then there is always something else going on.

Alas, every trip is different so there are no hard and fast traditions with us. Somewhere along the way, there are things we try to do if they fit, but we don't force anything just to keep up with what has worked in the past.

Lord Pheonix

first, i goto sosa family cigars and get a really good cigar, and since i fly in later on the first day and fly out early on the last day, i get 2 extra days on the dining plan. so i use the 2 points for a signature resturant, usually the cali grill, eat dinner, buy a nice bottle of red wine, then go back to resort late, (like after 10pm) goto the jacuzzi, relax with a glass and the cigar till like midnight, then walk back to the room, usually barefoot on the beach. now thats living, lol.

lbrad

We usually arrive mid day after stopping at Wal mart of course.
Check in ... Unload the car ... get a bite to eat, fill up our mugs then relax at the pool :sohappy:
Downtown Disney for the the evening

pixiesteno

Now that we travel with our RV the traditions have changed. For me the trip is part of the magic. It is the signs in nature that tell me I am that much closer to the magic. The different smells of the pines in VA, the first sightings of spanish moss in the trees in SC, up over the bridge from SC to the first palm trees and Welcome to GA. Once we actually get to WDW we check in at Fort Wilderness and set up the RV. Our first night is ususally spent at DTD, with dinner at Cooke's of Dublin - yummy fish fry. Strolling through the shops, stopping to take care of DH's chocolate craving and back to the campground for relaxing and a swim.
We like to start the day fresh at MK on our second day.
Now, if I have to for some reason fly:eek:, it would be check in, toss the luggage, head for the MK for the evening.

star1991

Get settled, grab the camera and head out to Epcot.. Spaceship Earth sets the tone for my entire vacation!
Then getting a funnel cake from the stand near American Adventure is the perfect way to end my first night while watching Illuminations...pure magic :)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We drive overnight to get there, so usually we arrive at about 7am after about 14 hours in the car, and I'm usually running on 2 hours sleep (much as DW and I try to trade off, I'm a bad car sleeper).

So, naturally, what do we do? Wake up the clerk at our resort so we can check-in, then head to whichever park has EMH that morning and do as many attractions as we can! Usually the room isn't available until 3pm, so we get a good first day in the parks. When 3pm hits, it's back to the room and the biggest nap ever.

MissMorrow

We usually arrive around noon, so it's straight to the food court for some lunch. Then we either head to the MK or AK until 5 or so, go back to the room for a quick break, and then it's off to EPCOT for the evening.

Emma2603

We normally arrive late afternoon/early evening, so we make a trip to the supermarket to pick up some supplies before heading to our villa for an early night. We always visit Magic Kingdom on the first 'proper' day of our holiday - it wouldn't feel right doing anything else!! We stop for a few photos in front of the castle before hitting the rides!

Plowboy

Burgers and Brew

As we arrive late afternoon/early evening from the west coast, we don't hit any parks the first night. We check in and hit the bus to Hollywood Studios and then hop the Friendship to the Boardwalk area and have our first dinner at Big River Grille. After dinner we walk around the lake and take in the atmosphere at Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk, etc. and then head back to our room.

jkdisney1218

We normally arrive during the day so we head right over to AKL and have zebra domes!! I look forward to them so much that it's not right not going and having some. Then something my family has done since I was a little girl is having breakfast at chef mickeys the first morning waking up in Disney. Ugh when is my next trip?!?! Haha

Jenna

Aww JK I love the idea of doing Chef Mickey's on your first day every trip! I must actually encourage my family to try Disney dining, we always eat off site!

radev104

We drive down from PA (20 hours). Most of the time we arrive around lunch time. So we check in and eat lunch while waiting for the room to be ready. After we move everything into the room we unpack a little then head to Wal-Mart to get essentials (water, breakfast stuff, snacks and some souvenirs for cheap). After that we find a place to eat dinner then decide which park we go to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom