Your favourite tradition when you arrive at WDW.

The Duck

My first day is usually at the MK. As soon as I arrive on Main St., I get a photo with Daisy and later with Donald in Frontierland. I make a point of getting lots of Duck pictures on each trip but so far I haven't met Uncle Scrooge. I suppose that I have to make a Christmas visit to have that honor.

DisneyDebNJ

real mad hatter, you always start the best threads. :wave: I always look forward to reading your questions. Even when I don't answer publicly, they always make me think about all my favorite WDW things, so that makes me happy.

I totally agree!!! We always arrive early morning our first day (at the Poly by 9:30am) We head towards Kona Cafe for ..... wait for it ..... TONGA TOAST!!! Then get on the monorail and head to Epcot (MAJOR foodie here, so always go during Food and Wine) Once we hear the entrance music to Epcot, we proclaim the same thing, every year .... "Honey, I'm home!" :wave:

PRNCSAurora

When I was little, my father and I would take off and go visit the monorail hotels while my mother was unpacking. It was great because my father and I did so few things just the two of us. I don't think this will happen this trip though; we are arriving at midnight and only have 3 days.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
The Three Day Dream.

When I was little, my father and I would take off and go visit the monorail hotels while my mother was unpacking. It was great because my father and I did so few things just the two of us. I don't think this will happen this trip though; we are arriving at midnight and only have 3 days.

Enjoy,Take lots of photos,film your holiday like it was a documentary,do the silly things you wouldnt normally do,eg,daft character photos with all the family.And when your three days are over and you look at all the photos and holiday video footage,it will look like you've been there for a week.Oh the three day vacation,well I've friends who only dream of visiting WDW.Enjoy.:wave:

surfsupdon

When we check in and get the keys, we RACE to the room to be the first one there and look out at the view from the balcony.

Then head right over to ESPN Club for some wings, nachos, ribs, and lemonade. Love that first evening/night!!

ksr99

We always arrive at disney around lunch, so we make it a point to go to the Polynesian and eat lunch at the Kona Cafe!!! We then soak up a little bit of the Poly before we go to check into our room...

R W B

We always unload the car and unpack first. Then its off to MK because my GF must ride either space mountain or haunted mansion first. We usually get our refillable mugs the following morning with breakfast.

drp4video

After unpacking, if we have an AP, we bop on over to DHS and drop on Tower of Terror. If no AP, depends on when we arrive. Usually its in the pm, so we go to the pool, and then go to dinner at Kona or Narcoosees.

VoiceGuy07

Our tradition used to be to arrive around lunch, check-in at whatever resort we were staying at and then head to the Boardwalk for lunch at Big River Grill. For a number of years we arrived when the weather was perfect and we would sit outside and just take in the sights and sounds of Disney.

The last time we executed our tradition (fall 2011), the service at Big River was very sad (might even say miserable) and we've decided we need a new arrival tradition. Looking forward hearing all of the great traditions here. We like to take at least a few moments when we arrive to breath, appreciate where we are, kick back, and relax. Then it's Go Time!

SMS55

We always arrive in the late afternoon. We'll check in to our room and then I'll always drive over to Magic Kingdom. I'll drive as if I'm heading to the Contemporary Resort, so I can see the castle. That always puts a smile on my face and I know I'm there. If I am eating at Chef Mickey's, we do it this night (I have small kids, so they want to see Mickey.) We'll head over to the terrace over looking the park after dinner and look at the park for a few minutes. If I am not I'll turn around, because I already know I am in Disney. Then we'll head over to Downtown Disney for the wife to have her chocolate fix from Ghirardeli and walk around for a bit before calling it a night. Next morning it's bright and early to the Magic Kingdom. Like someone else said, when i come around the bend and I see the castle for the first time, it just puts a smile on my face.

DABIGCHEEZ

My favorite tradition is, as soon as we cross into WDW property, I open my wallet and just let all my money get sucked out... saves us time later in the vacation.

We have been going to WDW for about 14 years now, and every year(well the last 9 or so) my kid(s) will see the Entry way sign ahead and do a 10 second count down...when we pass under it they all shout "We're in Disney! Wooo!"

Not spending our vaca money at WDW this year, so the end of a tradition has come.:eek:

bennyw01

Ok,You got me,Goto Perkins? head to Publix? D-Street? iam missing something here,or have I landed in the wrong State?:wave:

Not sure....

This is just my tradition because I have to do about 12 hours of flying including connections before I reach the world. The first day is normally spent sorting my self out for the next 14 days! making sure my house is well and truly stocked up and supplied!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hold The Phone!

Not sure....

This is just my tradition because I have to do about 12 hours of flying including connections before I reach the world. The first day is normally spent sorting my self out for the next 14 days! making sure my house is well and truly stocked up and supplied!

I get it,you're staying offsite in a villa,and your shopping on I/Drive,but wait,hold that phone.12 hours from UK to Florida.Let me guess,your flying from Brighton to London then to O'Hare,then to JFK,then to MCO.:shrug:

bennyw01

I get it,you're staying offsite in a villa,and your shopping on I/Drive,but wait,hold that phone.12 hours from UK to Florida.Let me guess,your flying from Brighton to London then to O'Hare,then to JFK,then to MCO.:shrug:

I don't go anywhere near I/Drive for the same reasons I don't holiday at say Benidorm or Malaga. Can't stand the Brits on tour holiday makers, really gives us a bad rep.

I stay at my place at the Emerald Isle resort behind where Splendid China used to be.

I get ridiculously cheap flights based on the fact I don't mind the routing.

Last year I did Heathrow-Philadelphia-Charlotte-Orlando.

This year I got a bargain for return flights for £150 however the routing is:

Heathrow-Brussels-Miami-Orlando

Return is simple, MCO-LGW direct!

The flight time works out alot longer due to having to take off and land so much but its worth it at that price and the connections are never that long!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok,catch the Drift.

Well I suppose if I had my own place then cheap flights would be the thing,and for £150 return that is a bargain,as long as Indy Jones wasn't the pilot?:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom