Your Favorite WDW Memory!!!

LVROFDSNY

Original Poster
I wanted to start this post so that everyone can share 1 of their favorite magical memories.
My all time favorite memory was when my family and I had just finished eating at the Garden Grill and it started pouring down rain. Nobody else was walking around so we decided to put on our ponchos and head over to the Living Seas. Needless to say no one else was there so we didn't have to wait for anything. When we finished in LS it wasn't raining. I badly wanted to ride Mission Space and they had been opeining it to do test runs. So we went over to see and we walked right on. It was so awesome. Everyone in my family got very sick because we had just stuffed ourselves at Garden Grill. I was the only one who wanted to ride again. Needless to say...on our next visit I am sure I am going to be the only one riding the original version.
I just love WDW and so many magical memories are made there. I just wanted to hear other peoples.

DisneySam

Great thread idea, and welcome to the boards. :wave:

I would have to say my most magical memory is pretty ordinary, but special to me. I went to WDW for the first time on my 18th birthday. I think that just walking through the tunnel onto Main Street and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time was magical. Growing up watching Wonderful World of Disney and etc. it was just special for me to experience it as an adult. [But I felt 4 years old :eek: ]

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We were in WDW in February and rode EE 18 times in a week! It was in soft openings, but for the most part it was up and running the whole time we were there. I was amazed by "B" mode for the first five rides, then the rest the Yeti was in "A" mode and we were blown away! Great experience. DS10 [now 11] got off the first go-round and turned to me with the biggest smile and widest eyes I've ever seen on him and said "I have a new favourite ride!"

Already planning our next trip for Feb '07!

erasure fan1

This is about as hard as it gets, I have sooooo many great memories. One that sticks out for me was the first time we took my daughter. We went to MGM and kermit & piggy came out behind Muppet vision. there was no other people for about 4 or 5 min. so my daughter got to spend all that time with them uninterupted. We have some of the best video and pictures of any of our trips. She was in her glory, talking, hugging showing them her kermitt band-aid. She would start to walk away and since she was still alone would run back and hug and kiss them. Since my wife and I LOVE the Muppets this was a great, great moment.

boudica

A couple weeks ago, we were leaving MK. It was our last night in the park and was heading home the next day. My 14 year old son held my hand from the exit gates to the bus. He hadn't done that in years. It's the little things that get moms.:rolleyes:

silverboyd

i've been to WDW about 28 times...and I have many memories. But I'd have to say that one of my favorite memories was when my grandma paid for the entire family to go one summer and she came along too. It was nice seeing her there. Even she felt like a child i think. It was just nice to see.

popsicletrees

I was in show choir all through high school. For our choir trip my junior year we did the competition at Disney World. I love being on stage, and it had always been a dream of mine to be on stage at WDW. The day before we competed we got to perform in Tomorrowland. Being able to go behind the scenes at the MK and performing for anyone who wanted to watch us made this my favorite WDW memory. Plus we got first for our division. It was just icing on the cake.

TTFN-Tiggger

Great topic!
My best memory is - I took my niece who at the time was 19 to Disney for her first trip. Walking through the tunnel to Main Street to see the castle - she started to tear up :eek: - the magic set in for her. We had an amazing trip that year!!

Edeyore

I actually have two favorite memories. (if that is possible.)
The first was a late night dinner outside the little restaurant in Japan, at Epcot. The lighting is dim, the meal was excellent, I was with my family, very relax, and we could actually see the fireworks, in the distance, from one of the other parks.
The second is while we were staying at the Polynesian. We were in one of the buildings on the far left side, only short distance from the luau. It was great every night to hear the drums start up and a resounding "Alooooooooooha".
Just thinking about these times puts me right back there.

Oh, there are some many when it comes to Disney. I would have to say one of my most recent best memory would have to be last spring when I got to stand and watch the Spectro parade and watch my daughter's marching band lead it! Talk about goose bumps and tears. To have all of the magic of Disney and the parade on top of watching and listening to your child and her friends march with the castle behind them. A memory we will never forget.

dixiegirl

One of my favorite memories and I have to say one only because I have so many was just last September , on vacation for the first time with my family (meaning just the kids and my husband not the in-laws or friends) It took place at animal kingdom we were walking to get the girls pics and autographs(at camp mickey and minnie etc..well when we got there minnie and the gang all had gone in for a little break....well moments later minnie comes out at her post and does pics and autographs with the girls...it was so nice beacause the park being so dead minnie could actually spend time with our kids...well wit out us even noticing..the whole fab five were there with us ...it was like one of those commercials...we go the best family pic with all the gang. The Cm taking the pic said having the whole gang there and getting a pic with all of us and all of them was like a once in a lifetime thing...like I said before , we got to actually spend time with the characters cause nobody else was around....it was like a big hugfest...and yes I don't care how old you are...being hugged by goofy...well...is very cool...you feel like a kid again....

jonesenon4

:wave: first of all let me say every trip has a very special memory and my family and i have been to wdw approx. 40 times. but the one that stands out the most was a trip in 97 we are sitting on the curb waiting for the spectro magic parade when a japanese couple that spoke no english approached me and thru sign language asked me to take thier picture and afterwards he took our picture. its one of the best pics we have evertaken at disney. the dd and ds were about 6 & 3 still have framed pic on desk at home. next trip in 82 days sept 26 thru oct 2 will be making more memories.:sohappy:

TINKERLOR

Can I have three magical memories? Here they go in order:

3 years ago at age 32 I made my first trip to Walt Disney World, with my husband, my son (then 6), my daughter (then almost 2), my parents, we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace and walked up to the Castle, my Mom and I had tears just streaming down our faces and I thought "Finally I am at Disney World"

My Second favorite moment is seeing Mickey in the Jammin Jungle Parade look right at me and wave and blow a kiss! Thought I was going to bust out of my skin.

Third is this year my son (8) had his picture taken with Cinderella! Let's just say in years to come that picture will be VERY special.

David

My absoulute favorite memory was in 1997 when we carried our son, then 4 1/2. We were standing on the hub curb having just just watched SpectroMagic. I was holding him in my arms so he could get a better view, and during the fireworks, he turned to me and said, "Oh Daddy. I wish I could live here forever!" I'll never forget that priceless moment. In 92 days we'll make new memories, but that one will forever be my favorite.

coltow

I've got to many to name, but there are 2 that stand out. The 1st is on my first visit to the Magic Kingdom. I was 10, I remember it being late at night, after the parade and the whole group of us (siblings, parents, cousins, aunt, uncle, and a few friends) rode Thunder Mountain I think 10 times in a row. There was no one on line. We just kept getting off and oing around to the other side to get back on. The second was last October at MNSSHP. My son who was almost 2 (and his 2nd trip to WDW) was very nervous around the characters the first few days. He would look at them and wave but didn't want to touch them. Then, much to our suprise, we ran into the Little Einsteins at MNSSHP we waited our turn to say hi and get an autograph and he went straight to Leo, Annie and Quincy and hugged them all repeatedly. He didn't want to let go!

maggiegrace1

I have tons of memeories just like everyone else..We have been going since I was 3..but the best was this past April..
I was able to bring my daughter Maggie there for the first time ever..she was only 8 months old and will not even remember but I will and it is something that I had always wanted to do..bring my child to the place that I love the best..
The first day there she wore her Minnie Mouse dress and we were able to talke a picture of her with Minnie on Main street..It was so cute and Minnie kissed her head and I just started to cry..
I was able to have one of my dreams come true...I will remember that forever..

Great Thread..Thanks..:)

HoW

I would have to say, of all them memories that I have, the best one is the most recent. Last year I took my fiancee (then girlfriend) down for a quick trip during our vacation. She wanted to see what all the fuss was, what I kept going on and on about. Our first night there we finished with Wishes, at the end of the show all she said was, "Wow," in that awed tone. She was hooked then and there. It made me happy to know that she finally knew what the magic was really about.

I luv WDW

Favorite memories

I have so many there are too many to list. One is the first time I ever went to WDW. I grew up watching "Wonderful World of Disney" and dreaming about going to Disneyland. I never got there, however. So when my wife and I first arrived in the Magic Kingdom I felt like a little kid again. That was in 1983 and I've been there at least once every year since. Another is sitting at one of the outside tables at Rose and Crown Pub on a perfect spring evening watching Illuminations while eating creme brulee made with Bailey's Irish Cream. Finally, it was the looks on the faces of our two nephews and niece when we took them to WDW for the first time last year. That was a priceless experience. This fall we're taking another niece for her first trip. Another great memory in the making.:xmas:

Next trip: Nov. 23, 2006, Port Orleans French Quarter

PineapplePrincess

favorite memory

Wow, this is hard! My husband & I went on our honeymoon in '94, and stayed at the Polynesian. Very romantic, but I don't think those memories are appropriate to share!
We took our daughter for the first time when she was three, and she sat on my lap during the Festival of the Lion King. She was singing along with the songs, and I had tears streaming down my face. It was priceless! I hope to make many more memories in the years to come.
;)

hammysammy59

I've got two all-time favorite memories.

My first was from the trip we made when I was 6 or so. Right out in front of the giant Star Tours AT-AT, I got to hug an Ewok. The 'rents still have the photo in an album somewhere. That Ewok was amazingly soft, by the way.

My other more recent, and probably cooler favorite memory was eariler this year. My little bro and I spent most of the WDW trip split off from the folks, so they could take their time, and we could rush around like maniacs. It's slowly starting to get dark at the Magic Kingdom, and Andy (my little brother) and I finally are able to cash in our fast passes for Splash Mountain. We cruise through the mountain, and get to that spot right before the big drop. We were treated to the most spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom, lit up at night... complete with big beautiful fireworks bursting right there in front of us. But then before we know it, we take the exhilarating drop down, and soak in the magic... and water.

It was such a simple thing, but it was mind-blowing. It was like everything I wanted a theme park experience to be, going on at once perfectly. It also reminded me of the roller coaster levels in Donkey Kong Country 2 for Super Nintendo. :lol: (which is pretty much everything I want a theme park experience to be).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom