Your Favorite WDW Memory!!!

Scar Junior

Does anyone just have 1?

Top memories:

- Being blown off/rejected by a rude Belle actress... and one minute later seeing Cinderella, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb smoking when I was backstage during my first visit while on my first College Program in 2003. Yes, the Tweedles had their heads off.

- Maelstrom breaking down and walking through with the lights on. Touching and taking pics with AAs. Seeing how fake things are and the mechanics of the ride.

- Celebrating my 16th birthday with dinner at Tony's with SpectroMagic or MSEP going on and then fireworks overhead.

- First stay in our DVC villa. Luxury anyone?

- Drunk Space Mountain!

- Meeting Mickey for the first time in 1989.

- Skipping my lunch break and opting to take a family from Michigan on my own version of a "behind the scenes tour" of the Tree of Life. For 20+ minutes they saw things that only cast members got to see. The kids randomly asked questions while the parents and I discussed reality and "adult"/career type stuff. The next week they sent a card to my managers telling them that I "made" their vacation and gave them the best Disney experience they'd ever had.

... The other two are too inappropriate for this board. If you really, really want to know, IM me or something.

Nansafan

Like everyone else here, it is difficult to pick just one favorite memory. This isn't one of those sentimental ones though I have a few of those too. This is one that we are still talking about 3 years later.

We love the CM's especially the ones who do such a great job at HM and ToT remaining in character. The year was 2003 and My Pal Mickey was brand new. We had purchased one and took him everywhere. Our kids, son 16, nieces 15 and 12 were fighting about who got to carry Mickey. It was my son's turn and we were going on the HM. We had just left the stretching room and were heading to the doom buggies when an HM CM said "Hey, it that My Pal Mickey?" My son answered, "no, he's mine." The CM blinked, and slipped out of character and said "that's not what I meant." We all laughed. We knew what he meant but my son's quick wit just caused him to lose character for a second. Reading this may not seem as funny as experiencing it. It was just funny seeing the expression on his face when my son answered him.

Since then, whenever we ride the HM, someone brings up the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom