Your favorite things about Boardwalk Inn?

becanya

So...we took your advice and booked at Boardwalk Villas for our kidless trip! Woohoo! So now you guys have to give me the goods on the resort. what is your favorite spot? Thing to do? Secrets? Treats?

madswithano

Ummm...everything?
But for real, the location (being able to walk to epoct/take the boat to HS) and the fact that you walk out of your hotel and have everything you could possibly need right there at the boardwalk so if you need something quickly you don't have to make the trip to DTD or to a grocery store off property.

Upvote 0

yankspy

Location. There is nothing like watching Illuminations and then watching the hordes of people going towards the front gate and you just have a short walk back to your room.

I would also add the Boardwalk Bakery and the Ice Cream/Candy store.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

The only time we have been to WDW kidless (husband had convention) we stayed here and LOVED it! My husband enjoyed the restaraunt with the microbrewery... nice to walk to Epcot.. just the atmosphere at night on the boardwalk is cool. I liked the little bakery there for breakfast goodies..:)

Upvote 0

Rose&Crowner

Proximity to The Rose & Crown.

The fact you can happen upon a magician that with no fanfar or announcement has set up in the bellevue, and proceed to be blown away by their trickery is pretty awesome.

The flying fish is one of the best restaurants on property.

Upvote 0

becanya

Original Poster
Proximity to The Rose & Crown.

The fact you can happen upon a magician that with no fanfar or announcement has set up in the bellevue, and proceed to be blown away by their trickery is pretty awesome.

The flying fish is one of the best restaurants on property.

What do you order from Rose and Crown? Since you clearly are a fan? We haven't ever been there.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

Best location in WDW, by far. Easy walk to Epcot and the Studios. The room layout is perfect, IMO. Not quite as big as the Polynesian, but most of that was dead space to me. It was great having the ESPN Club there during the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals. Bus service was fine, but you do have to stop by the Swan and Dolphin a bit.

Being able to walk to easily to the two best parks at the resort is the best thing about the Boardwalk though.

Upvote 0

fredtom

Allen and Tim @ Bel Vue Lounge, a couple of Good Fellas for sure.

Yes, they are the best! We've been visiting Allen at the Belle Vue each year since 2001.

Flying Fish is one of our fave restaurants... Enjoyed Kouzzina also.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

ncstate7991

I have only stayed at BWV once for two nights, but in September we will be spending 8 nights there!!!! :sohappy: With that being said, the ability to walk to two parks and not worry about the mad dash for buses at the end of the night is priceless. Boardwalk entertainment is pretty good, the Bakery and convenient store/gift shop can solve most problems or needs that you have. We either have AP or hopper, so the ability to plan a few nice dinners at Epcot is really enjoyable (especially when you do not have the kids). On our next visit I hope to explore Dolphin/Swan and YC/BC.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

This is my favorite resort - I absolutely love it! Here's some of my favorite things from staying there:

-Boardwalk Bakery. We loved walking here for breakfast or lunch. They have a good Caprese sandwich, and mickey shaped muffins. Get your refillable mugs here too.
-Taking the covered bikes out on the Boardwalk loop is a lot of fun.
-Walking the loop, it's a nice workout. We figured it to be about 1 mile, and it's a really pretty walk.
-One of our favorite spots is the white wicker chairs up on the balony overlooking the boardwalk. We would sometimes just sit there & people watch at night.
-Leaping Horse Libations - the pool bar. We went here before dinner to have a drink & relax. The pool was relatively quiet most of the time, which was really nice. It's also open late, and has a nice hot tub so sometimes we would hang out by the pool at night after the parks.

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i LOVED the location for the boardwalk and all the parks except mk. sharing the bus from mk with 4 other deluxe resorts is just to many imo. when i stayed at the bwi i went with just my sister and myself, we grew up in orlando so i wasn't real comfortable with the walk from dhs back to the boardwalk late at night. mainly because the roadway, overpass, and bp store are right there with a lot of regular people feeling traffic. the walkway, although well lit, can be isolated
with all the twists/turns/terrain particularly for two women walking alone late at night. it made it feel less disney to me to have to worry that much about my surroundings (yes i know i should always be careful but i don't like KNOWING i have to be extra careful).

i thought the resort itself was absolutely beautiful.

the lounge (can't remember the name, sorry) was beautiful and we had great service, drinks, atmosphere etc... fantastic way to finish the evening.

the first week of december 2009 the front desk night staff 11pm+ and the morning club level concierge were either just given a pay cut or just told they had two weeks to live but still had to work when we were there. i've never had LESS disney like service in my life...thus this killed my ever booking there again. let me just say our first 24 hours and particularly the first night we had multiple issues (never happened before at any disney resort for us and we go a lot)...anyway it just kind of set a negative tone to the beginning of our trip.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

The only time we have been to WDW kidless (husband had convention) we stayed here and LOVED it! My husband enjoyed the restaraunt with the microbrewery... nice to walk to Epcot.. just the atmosphere at night on the boardwalk is cool. I liked the little bakery there for breakfast goodies..:)

The restaurant is called Big River Grille just so you know. :) I'm a big fan of that as well. Since you're kidless take advantage of Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk which are 21+ to enter. It's a dueling piano bar and these guys will play ANYTHING! Definitely a good time.

Also, if you love ice cream head over to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and order the kitchen sink (or just a regular ice cream cone). Also, Flying Fish Cafe and Kouzzina are delicious. Really the location of the hotel is the best so take advantage of being able to watch Illuminations from just outside the gates of EPCOT, being able to take the boat to Studios. That's why you pay to stay there in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom