Your favorite thing about your favorite resort!!

As my mind wanders towards my next trip to WDW in December, it got me to thinking about my families favorite thing about our favorite resort...the Mayan pyrimid at the CSR. We love the theme of this pool area and hope the pool at the Beach Club will rival the pool at the CSR, which we have been told that it does. In any case...

What is the favorite thing about your favorite resort?

worldtraveler

I've decided I need to start posting, and this seemed like a great place to start. My favorite thing about my my favorite resorts, Contemporary/Poly, is waking up and going to bed with the Magic Kingdom skyline right outside my room!

Upvote 0

Scuttle

The GF is incredible. My girlfriend and I always go to citricos every trip and we are always amazed with the GF. I remember once we noticed all the flowers in the lobby are real. Was very suprised. The place is incredible and I hope to stay there eventually, but my favorite thing of my favorite hotel would have to be the great ceremorial house smell. That smell is priceless.

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Boardwalk Inn - love the Boardwalk itself, the 20s/30s music being played, the room decor, and being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Can't wait to go back! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I've decided I need to start posting, and this seemed like a great place to start. My favorite thing about my my favorite resorts, Contemporary/Poly, is waking up and going to bed with the Magic Kingdom skyline right outside my room!

:wave:Welcome to the boards! Great picks, I totally agree!! :sohappy: You just cannot beat the convenience of the monorail resorts.

Upvote 0

tink65

Pop Century is our favoite! Love the quiet pool in the 90's section! I take my book out there to read while I'm eating my blueberry muffin and waiting on my family to get ready for a new day!

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I have two favorites, so what I like is:
Polynesian. The smell. The pathways through the tropical landscaping and the soft music playing from the hidden speakers. The beach, and the quiet pool. All makes for a very relaxing atmosphere. Love O'Hana and Kona.
Port Orleans French Quarter. At the risk of offending anyone from there, I apologize in advance, but it's the way I see it. I love the food, architecture, and music of the real New Orleans. I hate the drunks, people throwing up in the street, the less savory characters hanging around.
Disney's version of New Orleans has everything I love about the real version except it's cleaner, nicer, and safer. I love walking down the Rue's and listening to the music. They have New Orleans style food available in the food court. The architectural themeing is wonderful and kept up nice. I like that it's small and quick to get around in. I like that the buses are quick and pick up and let off before all four Dixie Landings stops. I like that the parking lot is close to the rooms so that unloading when we get there, and loading up before we leave is easy.

Upvote 0
stratman - Let me first say that I am from New Orleans and not offended. (I want to get that out of the way before I continue cause you can't always get tone from the written word.) However, the things you named about New Orleans aren't quite true. Most of the things you named are usually from tourists on Bourbon who only view our city as a big party. In truth, our city is one of the best in the country. The locals are very diverse and no one can beat our food. We also have a city rich with beautiful architecture and history. I know this isn't a forum to defend my city but I just hate the fact that people don't visit us because they are afraid of the unsavory. I am glad that you have visited and love my city, stratman. I can recommend some great local eats for your next trip to N'awlins. :wave:

(Please don't read this post as an angry one because it isn't meant to be taken that way.)

With that said, I don't feel as though POFQ is a good representation of NO at all. It is a bit "clownish" to me. I adore PORS! I guess I am a bit biased. But it is great to take the boat to DTD or even to the FQ. Plus the fountains are gorgeous and I love having breakfast on a bench in front of the lake before jetting over to the parks. I also love the Poly and will be staying there with my whole family in September.

Upvote 0

SamtheDisneyGuy

My favorite is The Boardwalk resort. I love the decorations, the music, the boardwalk itself with all of its games and stuff, Seashore Sweets, and the ESPN Club. It has many different places to eat, relax, shops, and entertainment places. I can't wait to go back. I have stayed there atleast 5 or 6 times and fall in love with it over and over again.

Upvote 0

plaz10

I love POP Century because it has everything I look for in a resort at Disney. It has a bed, bathroom, pools, bar, food court and best of all ITS CHEAP!

I spend very little time at resorts besides sleeping. So the price is right for the amount of time I spend at the resort. Thats why I love it and it's my favorite!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Grand Floridian....

My absolute favorite is the Grand Floridian for so many reasons. It's beautiful, elegant, the grounds are immaculate and I find it romantic, too. I love to walk around and look at it, walk through the buildings and see the colors and decorations. Love it, love it, love it! :kiss:

Upvote 0

stratman50th

stratman - Let me first say that I am from New Orleans and not offended. (I want to get that out of the way before I continue cause you can't always get tone from the written word.) However, the things you named about New Orleans aren't quite true. Most of the things you named are usually from tourists on Bourbon who only view our city as a big party. In truth, our city is one of the best in the country. The locals are very diverse and no one can beat our food. We also have a city rich with beautiful architecture and history. I know this isn't a forum to defend my city but I just hate the fact that people don't visit us because they are afraid of the unsavory. I am glad that you have visited and love my city, stratman. I can recommend some great local eats for your next trip to N'awlins. :wave:

(Please don't read this post as an angry one because it isn't meant to be taken that way.)

With that said, I don't feel as though POFQ is a good representation of NO at all. It is a bit "clownish" to me. I adore PORS! I guess I am a bit biased. But it is great to take the boat to DTD or even to the FQ. Plus the fountains are gorgeous and I love having breakfast on a bench in front of the lake before jetting over to the parks. I also love the Poly and will be staying there with my whole family in September.
Glad you aren't offended. I was there around 92', and not during Mardi Gras. We stayed with my wife's cousin who lives in Metairie. She has lived there since she graduated from Tulane back in 78' and loves the place. She's lived in the French Quarter also.
I loved the music, and I loved the food! The French Quarter is beautiful, River Walk, and the Garden District.
I was a police officer back then, and I remember telling my wife that I wished I had brought a gun. Sorry. The only other place I felt like that was in Nassau away from the tourist areas.
I'm sure a lot was out of towners like you say, but it was still a major distraction. As far as POFQ, I can see why you feel it's clownish, but I guess I feel like it gives you a representation of the real thing much like most of the other Disney attractions and resorts. The Polynesian isn't on a real island, it's on the outskirts of Orlando in the midst of former orange groves (or swamp). But you get my drift. I'd love to go back and sit outside of Cafe Du Monde, eating those awesome fattening Beignets and drinking that wikid strong coffee! :D

Upvote 0

littlemsmowgli

my favorite is the boardwalk. we always eat in epcot for dinner, so after a long day in one of the parks, there's nothing like returning to our room, getting ready for dinner, and then just walking right over to epcot- it's just divine. also equally enchanting is how the parks may close at night but the actual boardwalk is still hopping. so lovely.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Wilderness Lodge is my fav (obviously) and I love the water trail that starts as a hot spring inside the lobby, then moves to a waterfall, to a creek, and ends in the pool!
We almost booked a villa at the Wilderness Lodge this year, but I just didn't know enough about it to pull the trigger. Maybe next year......

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I love reading this thread. Everyone defends their favorite so well that as reading I keep find myself thinking...."they've got a point, that one is pretty fabulous too!"

For now, while our kids are still little I've gotta stick with my monorail resorts!!

And to the WL post above....we also really enjoyed staying there and still try to hop in on any trip. I just love walking into that lobby, it's breath-taking. My kids love the character totem pole outside of the gift shop.

Upvote 0

KaneMarko

My favorite resort is AKL. Beautifully themed. And going around the Christmas holiday is spectacular. Loved just about everything about it. Victoria Falls is a great place to chill in the evening and have a drink after a long day of park hoping. Ogun’s Firepit is also a great place to enjoy a beverage and wind down for the day. Of course, looking out over the savannah at the various animals is always nice. Then sitting around the huge tree during the holidays is also very magical.

Upvote 0
Glad you aren't offended. I was there around 92', and not during Mardi Gras. We stayed with my wife's cousin who lives in Metairie. She has lived there since she graduated from Tulane back in 78' and loves the place. She's lived in the French Quarter also.
I loved the music, and I loved the food! The French Quarter is beautiful, River Walk, and the Garden District.
I was a police officer back then, and I remember telling my wife that I wished I had brought a gun. Sorry. The only other place I felt like that was in Nassau away from the tourist areas.
I'm sure a lot was out of towners like you say, but it was still a major distraction. As far as POFQ, I can see why you feel it's clownish, but I guess I feel like it gives you a representation of the real thing much like most of the other Disney attractions and resorts. The Polynesian isn't on a real island, it's on the outskirts of Orlando in the midst of former orange groves (or swamp). But you get my drift. I'd love to go back and sit outside of Cafe Du Monde, eating those awesome fattening Beignets and drinking that wikid strong coffee! :D

MMMM! Beignets. I need those...now! The beignets at FQ are a huge letdown.

While we are on the subject of PO can someone tell me if Boatwrights is any good? Keep in mind that I am from New Orleans but I also know that the food isn't going to be just like "our" cajun fare. I don't have high expectations but I have a feeling the food could be decent. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

stratman50th

MMMM! Beignets. I need those...now! The beignets at FQ are a huge letdown.

While we are on the subject of PO can someone tell me if Boatwrights is any good? Keep in mind that I am from New Orleans but I also know that the food isn't going to be just like "our" cajun fare. I don't have high expectations but I have a feeling the food could be decent. Any thoughts?
Boatwrights if I recall is a southern style theme, not NO. Country fried chicken, stuff like that.
There's some NO style at the POFQ food ct though. Black beans and rice, gumbo, no etouffee or real down home NO chow.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom