Your favorite table service restaurant at Hollywood Studios?

Master Gracey 5

Brown Derby is probably one of my favorite restaurants on property. Some people complain about the prices and that it isn't really kid friendly, but as an adult I really enjoy the atmosphere and have personally never had a bad meal here. Yeah, you can probably get a comparable meal for less off site, but thats the truth with every restaurant at Disney.

The Cobb Salad is always a great appetizer/dinner, I've always enjoyed the tuna steak as my meal, and the grapefruit cake is the right mix of sweet and sour for dessert. As I said, the atmosphere is what I really enjoy - the large open dining room with dark woodwork and 1930s styling really present an upscale dining experience out of classic Hollywood. Its a wonderfully relaxing dinner after a busy day in the parks.

olympia

I'd also have to say Brown Derby. We usually tend to eat there because we haven't found another good table service restaurant at HS. I like the Derby's design, and I also love looking at all of the caricatures. I've always gotten the Filet, and it's been good each time. I've also tried the salmon, which was also a nice choice.

aladdin2007

The Brown Derby is the best dining on Disney property, we think anyway. However it has become ridiculously expensive!! Dinner is one thing, but at lunch to charge what they do has gotten out of hand, plus they moved the cobb salad to the appetizer menu, so if you order it as your meal they arent happy about it. Some very poor moves. We can only eat here when we use our Disney reward points, otherwise no way. Lunch use to be around $18 and up, now its about 30 and up. Crazy.

But I guess in the end its worth it when able, Its the most comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere and you dont feel like your at a rush cattle drive chow hall like in all the other places.

mom2boys

Sci-fi is all about the experience. And to me, it's one of the best experiences I've had at the world.

That said, and we've only ever gone for dinner, but I get confused when I hear some of the reviews. I've had the chicken sandwich, the pasta (with chicken instead of shrimp though), the steak, and the salad, and I have been pleased with each. Some of the reviews and posts on the board make you think they're serving up raw sewage. I don't get it. To me, it's an awesomely themed, awesomely imagined, awesomely fun place to get a pretty good meal.

Soo glad to hear this! We have reservations for Sci Fi in Feb, booked solely on atmosphere for my boys, but it is nice to hear someone say it won't be a total waste! I have a friend who is a former cast member who recommended it, so I thought how truly bad can it be!
I have only eaten at Hollywood and Vine, and IMO I will not eat there again. My least favorite meal all week.

slappy magoo

The best food? Brown Derby.
The best Disneyesque dining experience? 50s Primetime
I wouldn't use a table service credit at Sci-Fi, but I'd be partial towards going for lunch, getting a burger and shake.
We did Mama Melrose's once as part of the Fantasmic package. The food was fine, but I'd put it on par with an Olive Garden - edible, but hardly anything that felt like authentic Italian cuisine - but miles ahead of Sbarro or any national pizza chain I've ever eaten.

I've not gone to Hollywood and Vine in over 10 years, before becoming a character meal 2 meals out of the day, but being that it's a buffet, I'd figure you'd find something there you'd enjoy. It's just a question of if you'd want to pay Disney buffet money to take that kind of chance. As our baby gets a little older, we'll probably try it again, especially if they still do Playhouse Disney characters and she becomes enamored of them.

MillerPoppins

We did 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi and Mama Melrose all during this past trip. Out of all of them, Mama Melrose surprised us the most and impressed us. The atmosphere was that of a Fridays but the food was much better. It was delicious! Prime Time wasn't too far behind with it being fun and the food was good. But I have been dying to eat at Brown Derby for years!

FLGal

Brown Derby.
The only table service I have not eaten at DHS is H&V.
But quite often we leave and eat somewhere on the Boardwalk.

jikobean

we've only had sit downs at HBD and 50's but i really enjoyed both. it depends on what you're looking for. the derby is a more upscale menu. they had a phenomenal french onion soup on the menu the 1st time we went (seasonal). 50s has a fantastic PB&J shake and TV's at your table. it's truly like a fun home cooked meal set in the 50s!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom