Your favorite section at POP?

Shere_Khan

I will be staying at POP for the very first time. I was just looking at some pictures of it on another site, and wow the detail is just phenomenal! I am getting really excited to see it all now.
I had three questions.

1. I saw a picture of a Roger Rabbit statue. Now I am not even a big Roger Rabbit fan, but the buildings next to him were my favorites that I had seen in all the pictures. What section is Roger located in? 80's? 90's?

2. What sections are everyone's favorite to stay in. I thought in my unofficial guide it went from at least 20's all the way to 90's. I think the pictures I was just looking at were more in the 70's and 80's. Has anyone stayed in the lower years and are they just as cool? If anyone has pics I would love to see them!

3. Also - I did not choose preferred room in my package to save on money, and because I really don't care where we are placed, but was wondering, even if you did not pay for preferred room, is there still a chance my travel agent could request a section?

Thanks in advance!

nankeldisney821

I have stayed at POP 4 times and was just there in August. I did request the 80's building and got it. Roger Rabbit was right outside our door too. It was a little bit of a walk to the main building where the food court, lobby and bus stops are. The only thing is, we were there (as everyone told us) during a heat wave, it was over 100 everyday so that made it much worse. It probably wouldn't have been that bad otherwise. I have also stayed in the 50's building and that was very close to the main building. We were right along the bowling pin pool. It is a great hotel and don't forget too that it has it's own bus line, meaning, you don't have to share the buses with another resort. Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

nankeldisney821

Another thing...there are fun little things along the way to check out. In the 70's area, there are 2 Twister games set up that you can play. It is fun! There is a huge Foosball table (you can't play that one) and a huge 3 story Big Wheel which are pretty cool to see. Also, there is a long walkway along the water at the back of the resort and along the path are signs with little tidbits about each year! You can also see the other buildings that were supposed to be built across the water.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Hi MIchigan people. we are from Michigan too! We have stayed at POP twice in the 70s building. that is our favorite. Its not far from the food court or the busses. to me, none of the buildings are that far. you can cut across parking lots, etc. we stayed by the big Mickey phone both times. Its a really fun resort. music always playing. the CM's in the food court do the hustle in the mornings. I think the twist at night. enjoy no matter where you stay there. theres lots and lots to look at.........

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
:wave: Hi MIchigan people. we are from Michigan too! We have stayed at POP twice in the 70s building. that is our favorite. Its not far from the food court or the busses. to me, none of the buildings are that far. you can cut across parking lots, etc. we stayed by the big Mickey phone both times. Its a really fun resort. music always playing. the CM's in the food court do the hustle in the mornings. I think the twist at night. enjoy no matter where you stay there. theres lots and lots to look at.........

Hello from Michigan! Woot!

Gosh after all those great comments I am not sure where I want to stay now! Lol!

Upvote 0
We love the POP...its a great price as far as on-site. I just hope they dont figure out we always have a family of six crammed in thier room. We only sleep there anyway, we spend little time in the hotel room anyway. We agree . any room at the POP is fun. When my kids get to be louder and teens, well go torture some people by staying at a quieter resort maybe.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Our room was in the 60s I think. It was at the back of the buildings and overlooked the lake towards the Legendary Years in the background.

We spent many happy hours between day and evening park visits relaxing with a quiet beer/wine on one of the benches beside the lake. The rabbits and ducks became personal friends as we watched the sun set.

Oooohhhh I can't wait to be back! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Our room was in the 60s I think. It was at the back of the buildings and overlooked the lake towards the Legendary Years in the background.

We spent many happy hours between day and evening park visits relaxing with a quiet beer/wine on one of the benches beside the lake. The rabbits and ducks became personal friends as we watched the sun set.

Oooohhhh I can't wait to be back! :animwink:

That sounds nice!

Are you going back to POP again?

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Yes we are. We've stayed at CBR but POP is just as good and several hundred $$ cheaper. That money will buy us a good few meals out - and we don't spend a lot of time at the hotel anyway.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Yes we are. We've stayed at CBR but POP is just as good and several hundred $$ cheaper. That money will buy us a good few meals out - and we don't spend a lot of time at the hotel anyway.

I have the same mentality. I stayed at CBR once and I did love it and loved the theming, but for the amount of time we were actually there, it doesn't really make sense to pay the extra. I will be happy wherever I am in WDW, as long as it is clean and nicely kept.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Not sure about EPCOT fireworks. I did hear you can see them from the upstairs balcony of one of the buildings but didn't see them myself. They would be quite a way off. You get a brilliant view form CBR though :eek:

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

The past 2 times I've stayed was in the 70's...It's not all bad but, considering where they placed me the last time it was a long hike from the 4th floor..So next year I'm staying in a King Size Preferred room in the 60's...I hear it's nice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom