Your favorite Quick Services?

mouselover321

Original Poster
Well I've only been to Walt Disney World once, and in the 4 days we were there we chose to do two days at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Epcot and we did do a full day at Animal Kingdom only because we rode Kali Rapids multiple times before the park closed and then went back to Magic Kingdom for a reservation. So in our limited time there we had to pick and chose. Plus we were not sure if there was anything in HS that my daughter would like. Next trip we are skipping AK, and doing HS now that we know that the Muppet's are there and the Toy Story thing she wants to do. Please as I have mentioned in other threads, my daughter is Special Needs so we can't just go go go like we would with any other 19 year old, we have to take a break in the afternoons or things wont be pretty with her. So for her we limit how much we do when we are there and what we do.

You could say I am a newbie to going to the parks. :)
I'm kinda a newbie too, my first time actually staying in the World was in 2011! Of course we had been over the years when we were in Florida for a day and when I was younger, but nothing special. Yeah, I totally understand! I'm sure she would love HS too. There is a bunch of cool things that aren't crazy like the roller coasters and such.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The portions used to be bigger. When I got it in May the fish was embaressingly small that I sent it back and told them it was unacceptable. But I noticed all the fish people were getting were really small. They used to be bigger and you would get a heap of fries. However, it is important to note - any QS place in WS is nothing more than a "taste" and meant for sharing. If you go there expecting to have dinner portions - you will be dissapointed.
Not true the Tangerine café has quite large portions and 2 people can split some platters and be quite full.

PrincessMia

@disney4life2008- This is slightly off-topic, but I'll share anyway. Last year, DD and I were sitting peacefully by the lagoon eating lunch. I picked up a precious piece of fish, put it to my mouth, AND A SEAGULL SWOOPED DOWN AND GRABBED IT OUT OF MY HAND. I kid you not. I almost tackled the thing, and then realized I had just lost 1/2 my lunch to a bird :(. Very funny in retrospect but not at the time.

disney4life2008

@disney4life2008- This is slightly off-topic, but I'll share anyway. Last year, DD and I were sitting peacefully by the lagoon eating lunch. I picked up a precious piece of fish, put it to my mouth, AND A SEAGULL SWOOPED DOWN AND GRABBED IT OUT OF MY HAND. I kid you not. I almost tackled the thing, and then realized I had just lost 1/2 my lunch to a bird :(. Very funny in retrospect but not at the time.

OMG you have made my day!!! I had a similiar situation but with a squirrel. It was May 2009 around 2pm in the afternoon. It was not incredibly crowded and it was a beutiful balmy sunny day. So I got my typcical fish and chips and large diet coke. I loaded up on ketshup and hotsauce and proceeded to the water lagoon area and sit down away from the people and eat in peace. Well I soon as I began to enjoy my food - a squirrel popped out of the bushes and began starring me down so I slowly got up and figured the squirrel would go away. Well it did not it - it jumped (yes jumped from the bushes to my hands where I was holding my fish) and began to eat my french fries that were drenched in ketschup. I dropped my food and a CM saw what happened and walked me back to the QS and I got another order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom