Your favorite Quick Services?

real mad hatter

Well, since you're from the UK, you obviously have high standards of what fish and chips should be. I think we all have high standards of what proper food should taste like. Take Via Napoli, for instance. People consider it the best pizza in Disney World. But if you're from New York, Italy or are familiar with New York style pizza, for instance, you may be end up disappointed because you're so familiar with one preferred or specific style of the food that any alteration makes it disappointing. The same probably holds true about Flame Tree BBQ and people who are from BBQ crazy cities. The quality will probably be subpar compared to the best of the best but it's tops compared to how typically theme parks prepare those foods. In other words, it won't be the best version you've ever had but should be better than how most theme parks prepare it.

Anyway, back on subject, my personal favorite QS locations are:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (Great variety and something different from regular theme park food.) and Tangierine Cafe
MK: Be Our Guest (Lunch)
HS: To be determined later because I'm still looking for a decent QS restaurant there for future trips!
Trust me.Its not about high standards,or taste...It's about size..I once had a fish supper in a fishing village in the far north of Scotland.( Next stop was Iceland ) It was approximately 14" in length.( the fish,not the fries ) Fresh cod caught that day by local fisherman.And yes,Pizza..I've had it in Italy,Spain,France,Greece,Turkey,Portugal,Belgium,Norway,Germany,Yugoslavia,Cyprus.But the best pizza ever was in a small pizzeria on the Island of Malta..From a Maltese grandmother at the ripe young age of 93...I've also had it in New York..in 1972..Now where's my photo of me and Andy Warhol sharing a slice..Yummy..;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Trust me.Its not about high standards,or taste...It's about size..I once had a fish supper in a fishing village in the far north of Scotland.( Next stop was Iceland ) It was approximately 14" in length.( the fish,not the fries ) Fresh cod caught that day by local fisherman.And yes,Pizza..I've had it in Italy,Spain,France,Greece,Turkey,Portugal,Belgium,Norway,Germany,Yugoslavia,Cyprus.But the best pizza ever was in a small pizzeria on the Island of Malta..From a Maltese grandmother at the ripe young age of 93...I've also had it in New York..in 1972..Now where's my photo of me and Andy Warhol sharing a slice..Yummy..;)
My older son insisted on getting F&C while there and I'm not sure the little pieces could even hold any fish:eek: Size does matter!:D

jw24

Well, sometimes size can be a criteria of high standards for food. I mean, some of us prefer really large burgers. Others, not so much. Size and quality don't exactly compliment each other. You could have a huge burger but has no flavor and tastes bland. Fine dining, on the other hand, has very tiny portions but could have outstanding quality, which is why they'll charge so much for a tiny portion.

real mad hatter

Well, sometimes size can be a criteria of high standards for food. I mean, some of us prefer really large burgers. Others, not so much. Size and quality don't exactly compliment each other. You could have a huge burger but has no flavor and tastes bland. Fine dining, on the other hand, has very tiny portions but could have outstanding quality, which is why they'll charge so much for a tiny portion.
Totally agree..But size & quality can be a perfect marriage..After my fish supper at Yorkshire chip shop,two hours later I was hungry again.The 14" Jaws supper in Scotland was perfectly cooked fresh Cod fillet,which fed both of us..;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom