Your favorite moderate resort?

TigerBravo1977

What is your favorite moderate resort and why? We are going down in June with our 2 young ones (3 year old girl and 9 month old boy.) We are booking in the next day or so and have pretty much decided on Caribbean Beach but I'd love to hear your thoughts before we decide. We have never stayed at any of the moderates. We have stayed at Pop (not bad), AK Lodge (OK), and A.S. Music (ughh). We will be driving, so Disney transport is not a factor.

gabroccoli

POFQ. We have been the last 2 years 1st at POR then at POFQ I have a 5 year old and a 11 month old POFQ by far was the better option with young kids. As everyone else has said it is small and easy to get around. There is only 1 bus stop, POR has 4 I believe. The bus stops made a huge difference as far as waiting goes. From a parent to a parent my vote is for POFQ!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Admitting that I've only stayed in CB and recognizing that it is the oldest of the three, it is my favorite.

WhY?

Location.

I'm not a big fan of the Southwest them of CSR and it's way off in the relative boonies, near AK. An Port Orleans is even farther away from the magic.

CB on the other hand, is right there at the back doors of Epcot and DHS.

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Admitting that I've only stayed in CB and recognizing that it is the oldest of the three, it is my favorite.

WhY?

Location.

I'm not a big fan of the Southwest them of CSR and it's way off in the relative boonies, near AK. An Port Orleans is even farther away from the magic.

CB on the other hand, is right there at the back doors of Epcot and DHS.

Interesting . I never really thought of that until now. CBR really does have prime location.. It was really close between CBR and PORS and I could not decide which I liked more, but after re thinking what you said I have to deffinately say CBR would be 2nd on my list. My updated list
1. CSR
2.CBR
3. PORS
4. POFQ

Upvote 0

cooleo

I Love Coronado Springs. Bigger Beds, Better Amenities, Very Quiet, Great Location. Just across the way from Blizzard Beach which makes it rather centrally located between Animal Kingdom & EPCOT / Hollywood Studios. The Pepper Market is Wonderful for on the go with service & don't forget about Maya Grill. The Beach fronts with Hammocks are Awesome & the Dig Site (Pool area) is Spectacular. The path all the way around the lake is Great for a nice stroll. What's not to LOVE about this place. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneyny

These are always interesting to read! I hope you didn't have your heart set on everyone agreeing! I think anytime you ask for advice you will find people who are in favor of each place for a variety of reasons. Just decide what is most important to you- quick transportation, pools, close to food courts etc. and follow the advice here. I am glad I don't have to choose right now because this is a very hard decision!

Upvote 0

CastleDreamer

Have stayed at CB four times. Liked it a lot in the past but the last time (9-08) I thought it was looking a little run down. Decided to try CS in 9-09. CS has been recently refurbished. Rooms were up to date and comfortable and we were very happy. Also, standard beds at CS are queens instead of doubles if this makes a difference to you. Will probably not go back to CB.

Upvote 0

SuzieN

My personal favorite is POR!!! With small children I would probably pick POFQ though, due to it's MUCH smaller size. I think you should just look at lots of pictures of all of the moderate resorts and pick the one that appeals to you most!! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

lebeau

I've stayed at POR and CS. We liked both. My one complaint at POR (and it was a big one) was the horrible bus service. But since you have a car, that shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom