your favorite little known things to do in WDW

stitchlvr

Original Poster
I thought it might be fun to see what are your favorite things to do in WDW that most people don't know about...not the headlining attractions, but the things that are usually overlooked. I'll start:

Campfire sing-a-long with Chip and Dale in Ft Wilderness and watching a movie on the big screen outside.

Getting a haircut at the barber shop, specifically a 1st haircut. My son had his first, and received a certificate, a pair of Mickey ears that said 1st haircut, and the Dapper Dans sang Tiny Bubbles to my kids.

Stumbling across the unexpected, like Push, the talking trashcan.

Ok, now its your turn! :wave:

barnum42

Going to the bachelor gorillas about half an hour before Animal Kingdom closes when they prepare to put them to bed - some great photo opportunities. Also the tigers in the last hour can get playful if you are prepared to invest a little time there rather than a quick glance.

Visiting Animal Kingdom Lodge to eat the African Stew at its food court "Mara"

stitchlvr

Original Poster
I've only been to WDW twice, and each trip it seems there is never enough time to do everything. On our last trip we ended up skipping Tom Sawyers Island, a lot of AK, Indiana Jones, Backlot tour, Little Mermaid show etc. Even our time in the World Showcase was brief.

But its funny how our favorite memories are the little things. The big things we missed weren't that big of a deal when compared to the memories created by doing things like riding HM numerous times to the point that we were quoting it all, or driving to Ft Wilderness in the pouring rain in hopes that the campfire/movie wouldn't be cancelled, and getting there and having the rain stop and the sun break through for a beautiful sunset and a perfect night for an outdoor movie. And my favorite of all...waiting for MK to close, and catching the Kiss Goodnight, not once but twice. :drevil:

DarkImage4

Playing checkers in Town Square and people watching. From that location, you can see people's faces as they first enter the MK...PRICELESS.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
1. Waiting long enough to get to ride in the front of the monorail.
2. Taking a fishin excursion and catching more fish than I though immaginable in 7 seas lagoon where the big boat docks in front of the magic kingdom.
3. Keys to the Kingdom Tour
4. Holding my daughter in the "elevator" ( as my daughter puts it) in the Haunted Mansion, all 5 times we rode it....so she would only be "a little scared". :animwink:
5. Going back to the room each day to find that the CM who serviced the room had placed the stuffed animals in different arrangements each day....this is a really neat touch and the kids love it.

6. Finding that bus driver who has a great sense of humor and thinks of his bus as another "attraction" and making everyone smile or chuckle to and from the parks.

Wow, the little stuff could go on and on. I guess thats where the magic lives, in the little stuff that makes you sit back and smile.... :sohappy: :sohappy:

dandaman

1. Hidden Mickeys.
2. Hidden Mickeys.
3. Hidden Mickeys.
4. Last December, a big guy who nicknamed himself "Teddy Bear" on the Downtown Disney buses to the MK. He even pointed out armadillos and deer at night!

Dean[AU]

• The bus drivers
  • Seeing "Disney Virgins" faces at the front gates of MK
  • Pretending to drink Bevelry and commmenting on how nice it is, loudly so other guests notice ;)
  • Fantasmic Preshow (mexican) wave.
  • Riding upfront on the monorail
  • Sighing at fake facts by other guests
  • 1ft Hotdogs
To be continued...

SeiraB17

Eating a mickey's premium bar for breakfast is a great attraction. If you haven't tried it, go for it. I mean....dairy....that's healthy and chocolate well that's caffine so you see that's nutrition :animwink: :lol:

barnum42

SeiraB17 said:
Eating a mickey's premium bar for breakfast is a great attraction. If you haven't tried it, go for it. I mean....dairy....that's healthy and chocolate well that's caffine so you see that's nutrition :animwink: :lol:
I like your thinking :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
SeiraB17 said:

[YES!!!!!!!!!

nickcarraway

I'm not really sure if it's little known, but I love, love, love renting a water mouse at the Seven Seas Lagoon. I love going fast and jumping over other boat's wakes. I love waving to everyone on the ferry. I love going through the canal over to the bay near the Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary. I love taking pictures from the boat. It's amazing how muc hyou can see and how quick the hour goes by...

waltdisny

1. Collecting Hidden Mickeys
2. Taking a picture every trip by the Main Street Indian and seeing the kids grow
3. Sitting on one of my quiet spots and just enjoying life at the park.
4. Finding new details you've never seen before: ie. the Folk Hero artifacts in Peco Bill's.
5. Golf at Fantasia Gardens
6. Ghiridelli's Ice Cream on a hot afternoon.(can't get that at home!:slurp: )

TheDisneyGirl02

Dean[AU] said:
  • Sighing at fake facts by other guests
    QUOTE]
    Love it!
    "Did you know there are exactly 3,331 bricks that make up the castle? It's symbolic for the day that Disneyland opened here."

DUH! :brick:

TheDisneyGirl02

Nora

I love Ice Station Cool! And, yes, I am that one disturbed individual who loves Beverly. If I could buy it by the bottle I would. It reminds me of Campari sodas.:slurp:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Nora said:
I love Ice Station Cool! And, yes, I am that one disturbed individual who loves Beverly. If I could buy it by the bottle I would. It reminds me of Campari sodas.:slurp:

I am assuming Beverly is one of the foreign colas presented Ice Station Cool???

Wckd Queen

Saying "Please have that sent to my room" after making a purchase in the parks :sohappy: Such a small thing, but it makes me happy :lol:

Oh, and having breakfast at Tonys and then walking up Main Street and stopping for coffee and a pecan sticky bun at the bakery for "dessert" :slurp:

madalex

Favorite little thing to do: when walking from YC/BC to Epcot Int'l Gateway (or vice versa), I always take the walking path that goes under the bridge to the Boardwalk. This path is rarely used and there is usually some very relaxing Japanese music playing in the background. This is my favorite spot in WDW (I just wish they had a bench there for me to sit and enjoy the spot even more) and I can't get enough of walking through there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom