Your Favorite Counter Service Places?

jesserin

MK - Casey's Corner - hot dogs, corn dogs and fries... it's kind of like fair food - with better quality hot dogs... It's more of a tradition than anything - but we love the location and sitting inside watching old mickey films is lots of fun too!

Epcot - Cantina San Angel - the fast food Mexican place - I love the kids meals - only $4 including a drink and they more than fill me up!

MGM - ABC Commissionary - I love their chicken fingers - and it's a great stop off if you've got awhile to wait before your fast pass comes up. (it's right next to Tower of Terror & Rockin Rollercoaster)

AK - Flame Tree BBQ - YUMMY YUMMY - this place has great BBQ - corn on the cob and great baked beans - at reasonable prices too!

Nemo14

We ate at the Flame Tree BBQ in AK in February with some very picky eaters, and everyone found something they liked. I also love the Cantina across from the Mexico building in Epcot. Great food (and margaritas) at good prices and churros (free if you're celebrating your birthday!)!!!

aeillill

Well the Magic Kingdom is pretty much the only place I have a preference in since it's the park I spend the most time in. I'd say the Columbia Harbor House, it's yummy!!!!

DDuckFan130

jesserin said:
MGM - ABC Commissionary - I love their chicken fingers - and it's a great stop off if you've got awhile to wait before your fast pass comes up. (it's right next to Tower of Terror & Rockin Rollercoaster)
ABC Commissary isn't on Sunset Blvd. I THINK it's by Sci-fi Dine-in but I'm not sure.

Anyway, as for me:

MK- Cosmic Ray's: always eat there and it never gets old.
Epcot- Liberty Inn
MGM-Backlot Express
AK-haven't really developed a favorite as we just started to actually have meals in that park :lol:

ZapperZ

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House. The upstairs seating area is seldom packed. It has its own condiment station, and a washroom.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons. No one can say counter service can only mean burgers and fries. Try seared sashimi-grade tuna, or mongolian beef. The only drawback is the cramp dining area.

Disney/MGM: ....... give me a minute. I can't think of any even halfway decent counter service here....

Animal Kingdom: Definitely Flametree BBQ. I love the 1/2 chicken. But the seating area is the best. Walk further down into the greenary and you'll get to sit right by the pond looking across at Everrest. Also, Tusker House is another terrific choice.

Zz.

Steamboat_Kevin

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. I usually get a hot dog, fries, and a soda.

Epcot: Liberty Inn, even though I've only had their fries, it's the only counter service place I've gotten food from in Epcot.

MGM: ABC Commissary, I don't remember what I've gotten there because the last time I ate there it was 1996.

Animal Kingdom: Never had counter service at Animal Kingdom :(

barnum42

AK - Flame Tree BBQ, nice grub in a great relaxing location.
AK Honerable mention to Tusker House.

MK - Pirates (if ever it's open).

Studios - I eat before I go or after I leave (but I've not been since the menu changes, so the Backlot Express may have something for me now).

Epcot - Morrocco.

Outside of the parks I have to recommend Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge for it's African Stew :slurp:

makonyy15

MK- Pecos Bill- Great chicken wrap with ranch dressing! It gets crowded at Easter (when im usually there) but usually you can snag a table outside facing Splash Mountain and it's really nice.

Epcot- Cantina- Definitely great food, the taco salad is awesome, along with the churros! Fast Service most of the time.

Studios- Backlot Express- Great Meals, I usually go for the Cheeseburger meal and even at busy times of the year you can still find tables.

AK- Tusker House- I haven't eaten at the Flame Tree BBQ yet so I can't compare the two, but the Tusker House is delicious! Great chicken sandwich as well as other things.

loriwdunn

barnum42 said:
AK - Flame Tree BBQ, nice grub in a great relaxing location.
AK Honerable mention to Tusker House.

MK - Pirates (if ever it's open).

Studios - I eat before I go or after I leave (but I've not been since the menu changes, so the Backlot Express may have something for me now).

Epcot - Morrocco.

Outside of the parks I have to recommend Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge for it's African Stew :slurp:

My favorites...all the same!

DisJosh

Epcot-Electric Umbrella
Magic Kingdom-Cosmic Rays
Animal Kingdom-Flametree BBQ
MGM-Backlot Express

I can't really pick favorites for foods except for at Flame Tree...BBQ Pork Sandwich and BBQ baked beans. YUMMM...

At the rest we pretty much eat everything espescially chicken strips. I enjoy the wraps too.

DiPSU224

MK- I love Cosmic Ray's for it's view. Nothing better than sitting on the patio facing the castle and people watching. I love Casey's dogs the best though.
Epcot- Cantina: the taco salads rule
MGM- we don't counter service much here, but Backlot express has been good for the usual burgers.
AK- My fiance loves his McDonald's so we usually stop there for a quick lunch. I'm dying to get him to try Flametree BBQ next trip though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom