Your Favorite Counter Service Places?

PixyDust

The very best is Earl of Sandwich, but its not in a park.

In the parks:
Pecos Bill
fruit stand in Harambe
nothing special in the Studios
crepes in France

MissM

ZapperZ said:
Disney/MGM: ....... give me a minute. I can't think of any even halfway decent counter service here....
Ain't that the sad truth. MGM + Counter Service = :hurl:

PixyDust said:
The very best is Earl of Sandwich, but its not in a park.
Yum, yum! (And only like a week before the one here in Tampa opens! :sohappy: )

MK: I used to prefer Pinocchio Haus for it's theme and the fact it became a tradition, but I don't like the new menu. So now it's usually Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays. (which is unfortantely always busy. Though they have a nice assortment of food.)

Epcot: I tend to grab a burger from the American Pavillion when I'm there long enough to do more then snack.

MGM: None. Good counter service and MGM are conflicting statements. ABC Commisary is the absolute worst. Plus their burgers are entirely different from MK and Epcot. They also don't have fixing bars and your burger comes pre-loaded with nasty toppings.

AK: Have never grabbed more then snacks here.

-m

makonyy15

MissM said:
Ain't that the sad truth. MGM + Counter Service = :hurl:

MK: I used to prefer Pinocchio Haus for it's theme and the fact it became a tradition, but I don't like the new menu. So now it's usually Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays. (which is unfortantely always busy. Though they have a nice assortment of food.)

-m

Never eaten at Pinocchio Haus- what's on the new menu?

MissM

makonyy15 said:
Thanks! Sounds like I have the same tastes. I usually go for a burger and fries at Counter Service, with some exceptions, usually when a good chicken sandwich is offered.

Thanks Again:wave:
Sure! In MK, Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bills both offer burgers, though Cosmic Rays also offers a chicken menu and a sandwich menu so it's good for picky groups. :) It's a good alternative since the Haus made its menu change-over.
-m

timkelmom

MK - Cosmic Rays. Love the atmosphere and a good chicken sandwich. Kids like the chicken fingers.

Epcot - food court inside the Land (Sunshine Season Food Fair). Lots of choices

MGM - ABC Commisary

AK - Tusker House. Had a really good chicken salad.

VeRTiGo91

MK- Gotta be Cosmic Ray's- hot dogs, fries, and cokes for everyone!
MGM-Pizza Planet. Pepperoni pizza and cokes for the gang
AK- Tusker House- wanted something diffent, and the lil guys like the mac-n-cheese!

V

Hoosierwdw

MGM Toy Story Pizza Planet

It only like the greatest pizza in the like whole world not to mention I can display all of my cool gaming skills its like totally most awesome aspect of the park!:slurp:

TinkyGirl

Counter Service in the Parks!

I have to agree with everyone else about MK- Casey's and Cosmic Ray's. AK-Tusker House. MGM-We do Sci-Fi( I know it is not counter service but I love the ambiance of sitting in a car at the drive-in; Its a favorite of our kids.)Epcot-My family eat around at all of the counter services that are available in the world showcase. This is so much fun not to mention yummy. We get one item and my family of four shares it. We start in Mexico and have the Cantina Nachos and a Margarita (for me and my DH) . (AWESOME!!) then we go all the way through to England where we have the Fish and Chips. We stop at all of the places in between. Some of the places do not offer counter service.:( We love to do this! We call it "Eating around the World". :animwink:

My favorite counter service restaurants are the Pinnochio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, and the ABC Commissary. Mainly I love them because they serve the typical Disney burgers!!!

"Today we will be going undecover with detective Charlie Foster..."

My favorite counter service restaurants are the Pinnochio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, and the ABC Commissary. Mainly I love them because they serve the typical Disney burgers!!!

surfsupdon

Pecos Bill, even though the fare is standard (though delicious). I enjoy sitting outside in the evening, people watching, and listening to Splash's screams of fun.

ruca

AK-Tusker House (I think their counter service is all pretty good)
Epcot-Sunshine Season's
MK-Columbia Harbor House
MGM-I'm not a fan f any of the counter service but I LOVE the Brown Derby

ZapperZ

ruca said:
AK-Tusker House (I think their counter service is all pretty good)
Epcot-Sunshine Season's
MK-Columbia Harbor House
MGM-I'm not a fan f any of the counter service but I LOVE the Brown Derby

Wow. Did you realize that you gave an almost identical answer as mine?

ZapperZ said:
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House. The upstairs seating area is seldom packed. It has its own condiment station, and a washroom.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons. No one can say counter service can only mean burgers and fries. Try seared sashimi-grade tuna, or mongolian beef. The only drawback is the cramp dining area.

Disney/MGM: ....... give me a minute. I can't think of any even halfway decent counter service here....

Animal Kingdom: Definitely Flametree BBQ. I love the 1/2 chicken. But the seating area is the best. Walk further down into the greenary and you'll get to sit right by the pond looking across at Everrest. Also, Tusker House is another terrific choice.

This is good.

:)

Zz.

jim1051

Epcot, Mexico or US

MGM Backlot express or Comminsary

AKL none we always end up at Rainforest sorry

MK Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills

Rora

MK: Pecos Bill! I love the chicken wrap and french fries with the hot melted cheese *yum*
EP: the fish and chips stand in the United Kingdom
MGM: 50's prime time cafe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom