Your Family's Personal WDW 'Slang'

My family calls Universe of Energy "Stupid Judy." And whenever we see Donald we sarcastically say "There's Daffy Duck" because of a funny incident we witnessed with a confused guest.

FLDIS86

My family and I still call DHS "MGM". We call Spaceship Earth "The Ball" and we call TTA "the peoplemover". We call the Mad Tea Party "The Teacups." My parents have been going to Disney since it opened in the 70's so I usually call things by their original names cause of them.

atigs

My grandmother and grandfather took us on a giant family trip every year and she, being a total spitfire with the attention always on her, would tell us that the Epcot ball was actually her golfball. So, to this day, we call it "grandma's golfball."

I also seem to shorten everything like everyone else on here likes to, too! Space for Space Mountain, Tower for Tower of Terror, Rockin' for RRC, etc. And I, like any true old-school Disney fan, will always call the "Studios" MGM. I wish we could bring back that name because I'll never ever settle for calling it Studios.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Since me and my kid are the only Disneyphiles in my family, I tend to drive a lot of the terms.

HS will always be MGM in my book. I have to struggle not to call it that.
Innovations will always be Communicore to me.
Boat transit will always be "water taxis" as opposed to "resort shuttles" to me.

I have a lot of terms that have already been mentioned (e.g. calling the Mad Tea Party the "teacups), so I won't repost them here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom