Your Daily Wake Up and Bedtime at WDW

Main Street USA

I'm curious as to how most of you spend your mornings and nights at WDW. For example, Do you get an early morning wake up call and make sure to have time for breakfast before the parks open? Do you stay out as late as the parks are open every night? Do you just play it by ear and decide to sleep in, stay out, get back to the hotel, etc?

I'd say we definitely play it by ear. I'd love to have the energy to feel well with only 5 hours of sleep per night and get to the parks before they open, and stay until they close, but I just get exhausted. Too much walking and excitment crammed into one day, I guess.

BryanandPatrizi

My wife and I have gone twice so far.

The first time was her first time (so much to see). Because of that I forced us to get up early enough to make the parks opening (or close to). Then we would stay the whole time and finish our nights at Downtown Disney (We love that place!). We stayed offsite so no EMH for us, but we didn't have to wait for busses to get to the parks either.

The second time we took our time, woke up whenever (her request) and caught the resort bus to the parks. This seemed to yield us getting there after 11am. We stayed until close but we still didn't see everything at the parks (It was busier than what we were used to though). We would still finish the night at Downtown Disney though.

Our next trip I think I will insist on getting up early, having breakfast in the room (Saratoga - 1 bedroom villa) and getting to the parks for opening. We may be more tired, but for me its the only way to go. Maybe I'll have to try the mid-afternoon pool break this time.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Typically, we would sleep in and stay out late. However, on this trip we want to try and get on EE and Soarin, so we will probably try and get to AK and EP at the rope drop. We're doing those parks the first two days, and then we'll probably start sleeping in.

11 days :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

♥hedley♥

This year my family would wake up about a half hour before park opening and get a bite at the hotel then at around 5 or 6 we would go to the hotel for a hour and eat or rest then go back to the park for fireworks and maybe a ride or 2.

Upvote 0

dandaman

A typical day:

Get up whenever you want, but preferrably before 10:00. :lol:

Hit the parks.

Come back to the hotel around 1 p.m. and rest (note: while the rest of the family lies down, I explore the resort/take a round on the monorail. On one occasion, I decided to head back to the park (MK) and get in a few rounds on Splash Mountain. I headed back to the resort just as they were waking up. I don't think they ever found out! :lookaroun :D)

If it's summertime, you can almost always time exactly wen the storms will hit. Usually around 1, you'll notice big clouds starting to build. Around 3, dark clouds seem to be heading in your direction. Between 4 to 6, it usually storms (a LOT), but dies down almost instantly. These storms clear out the parks some, and leave you with more opportunities to hit your favorite rides when you return in the evening. :D

We usually go to bed around 11:00. A tradition has been watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" on ABC Family, between 10 and 11, to cap off the day once we've returned from the parks. :lol:

Upvote 0

THECARISMINE

HMMMM well I am a never sleep kind of person so I'm the one making the family stay till they kick you out of the parks lol. We all seem to always have troble waking up (well all but my dad). but we usally leave the room and head for the parks around 11/11:30 waking up around 10:30 But sleeping depends on the magic hours but usally around 2-3:30

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

The first couple of days we tend to get up early and get there for park opening....... we seem to sleep in a bit more as the trip wears on. But, I still insist on getting to the parks by 10:00

We always schedule a day or 2 of off time, so we can use those days to catch up on sleep and rest.

If we need it, we head back to the hotel in the afternoon for a nap, swimming etc, except for AK day since that park closes early.

I try to have things in the room for breakfast (cereal, fruit, cereal bars etc), so we make sure we have some energy and don't have to waste good morning park time getting something to eat. I also bring snacks for the kids to the parks in case they need something before lunch.

My DS age 9 is not a morning person, in fact neither am I.....but for Disney we do it!

It's getting close...... :D

Upvote 0

TrentMom

My next trip will be with DH and DS, age 2. My DH has to work the night before and won't get home til 6:30am and then we have to leave for the airport by 10:30am. So, he will be exhausted. We have ressies for Chef Mickeys at 6:20 and then we are hitting EMH at Magick Kingdom. The next morning, we will just wake up when we wake up so poor DH can catch up on sleep.

The rest of the week, it will be up early, head to parks, back to hotel for nap and then back to the parks til closing.

48 more days!!!!:cool:

Trentmom
All Star Movies
May7-12

Upvote 0

candaceb

:]

We wake up a hour and a half before the park opens and try to be the first ones in. We always stay 'til closing, but we also always take a midday break so we aren't completely wipped.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

Main Street USA said:
I'm curious as to how most of you spend your mornings and nights at WDW. For example, Do you get an early morning wake up call and make sure to have time for breakfast before the parks open? Do you stay out as late as the parks are open every night? Do you just play it by ear and decide to sleep in, stay out, get back to the hotel, etc?

We have a breakfast at a restaurant (characters if possible) then hit the parks as early as possible.

We typically go during the winter so the parks aren't open as late but we generally stay until park closing.

We're going this June and the parks are open later....I doubt that we'll stay until park closing every night on this trip.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I ussually get up about 5:30 AM and walk 2 - 3 miles. Then it is back to the room and wake up the rest of the family. Most mornings I will make breakfast for everyone as they get their showers and get dressed. Then we are off by 8:30. We almost always stay in the same park all day and close it even with EMH's. Back to the room late and we fall right to sleep.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Wow, walk 2-3 miles in the morning before you even hit the parks? I had a pedometer last year, and I walked about 11 - 12 miles a day IN the parks! You gotta be crazy to tack on 2-3 more for fun! I bet the scenery is nice, though, and I bet it's peceful as well at that time of day.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I am not one to sleep in. I usually get up, have breakfast in the room, get ready and head out. It really depends on my day, what park I am going to that day and if I have lunch or dinner planned. I can stay in the parks from morning until night. I do like to take a break sometimes in the afternoon and head back in the evenings. If it's a short trip, then I don't, but if I am there for a week or longer, I don't rush.

Upvote 0

redsfan4life

Every trip i am in the world I am at whatever park is the early entry or extra late hour park before it opens . I close that park then go to pleasure island to see as many of the comedy warehouse shows as possible after the last show at the warehouse i head back to the room. Usally in bed between 2-3 am and then am back up around 6-630 . I agree with an earlier post . You are allowed to sleep at wdw ????. Never tried that before thats what the days after your return are for . besides need to start dreaming of your next visit:sohappy: :lol: :wave: :D

Upvote 0

bgraham34

If it is my wife and I only i make a 7:30 wake up and we are out about 8.15 8:30. If someone else comes along we wake up at 6.45. I usually hit the sack around midnight to 1 am.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

When I travelled to the parks by myself I was up at the crack of dawn and made it at opening. But I find that the more often I've been to the parks, the less I feel the need to get up early. Last visit my friends and I didn't leave for the parks till 9:00 or 10:00 at the latest.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

On 2 of the 3 latest trips we have had family group of 12. I earned my name "Disney Dictator". I always set my alarm for 6am and have the phone call wake up for 7:05am (so the kids would be awake enough to hear it). I get myself all ready, lay out the clothes for everyone else, get everything ready (camera, film, autograph books, sunblock etc). Then I wake up my husband so he can get ready. While he is getting ready I get breakfast together, either something we have in the room, or I go get something from the food court..unless we have a breakfast meal reserv. We generally stay at the parks all day and if they have an EMH we stay for that as well. Some in the group go back to the resort during the day for swim, rest, etc..

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

Some of my best memories are the banal ones: getting up early and heading out the door with still-wet hair and too much energy, coming into a frigid room late at night, the sweat instantly evaporated.

Ah. So, to answer the question: we're at the park for opening, usually leave park around seven/eight and head Downtown to unwind. Alternatively, sometimes we leave the park a little early and head to a hotel for food (Ohana, Boma) or to our hotel/another hotel to swim.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I'm an early riser; usually in time to watch the sun rise. I like to read the newspaper, drink my coffee and relax, in peace. I really like to do this at WDW. I'm usually out by midnight. My back doesn't allow me to lay down for more than 6 hours; whether Mom is tired or not.

Upvote 0

col

the day i arrive i go to bed early coz im really tired but the next day which is the first official day of my holiday its always AK for me coz then i know my holiday has begun.

i normally get up about 10am and spend all day in the parks (only AK and MK) if im in epcot i will go on the rides then go home same goes for MGM but i only go there for one mans dream and fantasmic!!

so i get up at 10am and stay till late at the parks -my fave is evening EMH's i really love being in AK and MK for them.

i always get the flu on holiday so i have 12 hours sleep then i feel better for another day at the parks.

thats pretty much it: up at 10am in the parks till they close watch wishes or fantasmic every night (depending on park closing times). i normally go to bed about 12am or 1am.

whatever happens i plan from there.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom