Your Biggest TS Disaster At WDW.

Uncle Orville

This isnt necessarily a disaster, but my sister wanted to do the Cinderella breakfast. We got to the park early and it was cool to walk down Main Street empty. We got up to the top where you eat and we found a window seat with a view of fantasyland/new fantasyland being built. That was cool, but the food wasn't that good. There were very few choice of things to eat and what we got didn't quite taste magical. Our server was a guy who was a little grumpy and one of the princesses didn't want to be there. We still had a good time, but it defiantly could have been better.

Mrs.Toad

Big River. I have gone into detail so many times on this forum, I shan't do it again. Too painful. I will never go there in my lifetime. Two strikes and out...no three for this place.

Paradiso. I can just go to Chili's or some other chain with similar foods and flavors. Never again. I got a pretentious 30 minute lecture on street food from a pain of a bartender/server many years ago when they opened, that I could barely speak to my then fiance and our food got cold. Really, they push their expensive drinks more than their food too. The menu was too large, but now it is smaller and nothing wows me as outstanding.

The best was my Coral Reef childhood memory. I was with my parents and sibling for our very first trip to WDW in the 8o's. We went to CR and sat next to another family. We were so excited and they began to talk to us.

We ordered, and then they tell us that they had the nastiest case of food poisoning at CR, but here they were back two days later or so to try again.

Well, we ate. Nothing happened. And the food was so much better then. I still remember I had shrimp, scallops, lobster and fettuccine in alfredo sauce. The quality was far more superior many years ago. Forget the food poisoning allegations, I miss more the decline in quality in many WDW places.

bethymouse

No disasters here, but @ San Angel we didn't have the best service. We've never had to "ask" for anything, but we had to ask for our chips and salsa.:(
We waited nearly 30 minutes for a chef mix-up at Tepan Edo, but it all worked out just fine. We just kept drinking the yummy green tea.;)
Boatwright's at PORS served as lukewarm food at best.:arghh:
Food at Liberty Tree Tavern was just OK and so was our waitress.:facepalm:
The Plaza Restaurant was OK. They do have the best fries IMHO.;)

Sweet Melissa

Not a total disaster, but Olivia's had what I think was poor service, bad food and a bad selection. It reminded me of one of those restaurants you might see on Restaurant Impossible.
Obviously if you didn't enjoy the menu or the execution of the dishes you tried, it's unlikely that you'll want to return. But if you (or anyone else who experienced bad service at Olivia's) ever want to give it a second chance, I really recommend it. We visited last year and decided to return on arrival night next year based mostly on the strength of our server, John. He told us that he'd been working at Olivia's eleven years, and it was quite clear that he loved the menu and knew it well. His recommendations were so totally dead on, and he gave us very personalized, memorable service.

C Turner

Last year at Le Chefs de France, a waiter bumped into a waitress who was carrying a whole tray of glasses of red wine...broken glass and red wine all over my 10 year old grandson. He was covered from head to foot. The staff were quick to have us moved to another table, my GS cleaned up and they even gave him a new set of clothes! I could just imagine the looks I would have gotten from other parents if they would have gotten a whiff of him before he changed!

WLBound

The worst experience we had was at San Angel Inn. We had a reservation for the start of dinner. We showed up a few minutes early and asked if we could have a seat along the water. There was only one table or so filled and no one else was waiting but the host told us we would have to wait while they checked with the manager to see if it would be possible. We stood there for at least 15 minutes while they sat other parties, including some with no prior reservations, before they finally told us to come with them. We were literally stuck in the far corner, at least along the water, at the smallest table that could barely hold both our plates and glasses. Our waiter seemed more interested in helping the other tables he was assigned. We barely got our drinks refilled, and that was after we had to ask as he kept walking right by and never stopping back. We enjoyed our meal but both decided that the service was definitely lacking and we haven't been back there to eat since.

PrincessMia

We have always loved Les Chefs de France, BUT... a couple of years ago, we were sitting next to a family there. Midway through the meal, their little boy (6-7 years old) vomited all over the table. We were in between them and the bathroom, and, through no fault of their own, we were revolted as they bolted past us to the bathroom. Nothing like that to ruin some perfectly good escargot. Luckily, it had nothing to do with Disney!

armyfamilyof5

I forgot the time we ate at the QS at France, we went and sat inside and there were birds in there, one of them did the deed on my daughter's shoulder and it ran down the back of her shirt. When she was little we had her at the Nashville Zoo and they have an area where you feed the birds these little cups of nector, she was holding many little cups while we got the little ones of of their stroller and she was mobbed by birds so she is kind of afraid of them now, that was so funny that day, she was LITERALLY COVERED with little birds and they were pretty agressive. Needless to say the action of the little bird in France upset her but the people there were awesome, they immediately came over and took her to the gift shop and told her to pick out any shirt she would like and sent her to clean up and change, lunch was still brilliant for the rest of though, LOL!

Another thumbs down for Chefs de France. We had a horrid meal there two or three years ago. I had roast chicken and my daughter had braised rib. Both items were so dried out that I don't know how they left the pass. We should have sent them back. The meal there a year earlier was lovely and their Creme Brulee is heavenly.

A special mention for the head waiter or manager there who is old enough by now to have learned some manners. Metal plate to the head and magnet per rectum.

bmarkelon

Yikes, these are some pretty hard experiences to read. I'm with you Hatter, I can't really say that we've had any dining disasters. We've even enjoyed some of these meals that everyone swears against on here....including Tony's!! Slow service here and there, only one server that I'm pretty sure did not like my family at all in Citricos but all in all I can't really complain.

jmorri26

Disaster start to finish was 2011 at chefs de france. Attitudes from all who worked there, dirty atmosphere and place,over crowded, poor unseasoned food. Could not get our server,did not even come back to our table except to get their tip,which they did not get.Even the manager was an ahole. Total crap and will never good back.

Ha! I had almost the exact same experience in Sept last year. Our waiter was SO rude the minute he saw a baby in our group. We were a bigger group (8 total) and crammed into a table meant for 6 max against the wall. So the poor people on either side of us were all but breathing on our food and vice versa. One table was so close they were talking to us about what food we were eating! My husband got bisque that came and he got up to go change our son, came back and it was gone! The waiter waited til he stood up and snatched away his untouched soup. He asked the waiter when he finally came back and the guy just plopped his main course on the table and walked off...The place was packed and I really was underwhelmed by the food. Really wanted to enjoy the meal though :(

Obi

50's prime time...
took about an hour, possibly longer, after our scheduled reservation time to get seated.
waitress was slow and rude.
food wasn't that great.
none of the antics from the wait staff that you expect there. this really disappointed the kids because they were looking forward to the adults getting talked to, etc.
overall made us decide to never go back there again....

armyfamilyof5

We have always loved Les Chefs de France, BUT... a couple of years ago, we were sitting next to a family there. Midway through the meal, their little boy (6-7 years old) vomited all over the table. We were in between them and the bathroom, and, through no fault of their own, we were revolted as they bolted past us to the bathroom. Nothing like that to ruin some perfectly good escargot. Luckily, it had nothing to do with Disney!

Hatter most have told him what was in the escargot....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom