Your Biggest TS Disaster At WDW.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok people..Having just read some horrible stories of some members experiences at Tony's..Have you ever had a nightmare disaster at a TS restaurant in Disney.? ..Now I don't mean like " My steak wasn't cooked to my preference " Or " I waited 15 mins for my drink." Or " I had an ADR for 8.00pm and wasn't seated till 8.30pm." I'am talking big time disaster from start to finish..? Tell us your story,and name & shame that restaurant..If any Disney lawyers are reading this,my real names Figgy...;)

Sweet Melissa

No, no start-to-finish disasters. I can only think of three quasi-catastrophes:

1. Beaches and Cream - The hostesses were really rude to us before we were seated, and it kind of soured our moods for our visit.

2. Garden Grill - We waited over an hour after our reservation to be seated. This was back when they still served lunch. We didn't stick it out. Before we were called, we looked at the menu and decided that their family-style lunch was going to be too heavy for us anyway.

3. Paradiso 37 - We had the slowest service I've ever encountered at any restaurant ever. To rub salt in the wound, both of our orders were wrong. But we didn't want to wait for replacements, so we didn't say anything. The food was decent, but we haven't been back for anything other than drinks in the bar since then.

zurgandfriend

Artist Point; 1. our server had major attitude. He sang the praises of the salmon on a cedar plank, okay I understand it's their signature dish however I don't care for salmon and I associate cedar with a closet. I went with the Bison, I'm half native American after all, and he was insulted. He was rude the rest of the night. 2. At a table next to us 2 sets on adults let their 5 children run around the restaurant, scream and fight while they ate their salmon. It was a disaster start to finish and yet we love the Territory Lounge and Whipsering Canyon Cafe so I think it was one of those nights however with so many other good restaurants we aren/t in a hurry to try it again.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Not sure if it qualifies as a disaster but hands down our worst dining experience was at Hollywood & Vile. Even though we arrived 15 mins early, they were 45 minutes late seating us. Once we were seated, our server was nowhere to be found. When she did finally show up, it took forever to get our drinks. The food was beyond bland and most of it was cold. Our server never came back to check on us or refill our drinks, only after we had sat there for what seemed like an eternity to give us the bill. All-in-all this is the only time where I have wanted to get my dining credit refunded.

mickey2008.1

Disaster start to finish was 2011 at chefs de france. Attitudes from all who worked there, dirty atmosphere and place,over crowded, poor unseasoned food. Could not get our server,did not even come back to our table except to get their tip,which they did not get.Even the manager was an ahole. Total crap and will never good back.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Disaster start to finish was 2011 at chefs de france. Attitudes from all who worked there, dirty atmosphere and place,over crowded, poor unseasoned food. Could not get our server,did not even come back to our table except to get their tip,which they did not get.Even the manager was an ahole. Total crap and will never good back.
OMG...That is terrible for such a expensive restaurant...

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Ok people..Having just read some horrible stories of some members experiences at Tony's..Have you ever had a nightmare disaster at a TS restaurant in Disney.? ..Now I don't mean like " My steak wasn't cooked to my preference " Or " I waited 15 mins for my drink." Or " I had an ADR for 8.00pm and wasn't seated till 8.30pm." I'am talking big time disaster from start to finish..? Tell us your story,and name & shame that restaurant..If any Disney lawyers are reading this,my real names Figgy...;)

The Italian place - Tutto Italia - and its predessor - BLAH! Worst meal ever!! Both of them. I think the spot is haunted by an angry gourmet! I will post longer on your other thread about Tony's but the long and short is that yes, I have heard mix reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Overall reviews of places do steer us away from places. But we try and give everything a chance. And Tonys, we would go back again. might not be our first choice, but we would go back. Tutto - never again!

HouCuseChickie

Both of my disaster meals happened many years ago. We had an awful dinner at Marrakesh in 1985 and another bad meal at Coral Reef in 1998. Still, these meals happened 28 & 15 years ago, so it's tough to consider the experiences relevant/comparable to current conditions. In both cases, it was a mix of bad service- long waits- awful food- and neighboring patrons with wild/disruptive behavior. I know a number of people rave about Marrakesh these days...so, we will likely try at again at some point in the future. Coral Reef still gets mixed reviews though and we have two local aquarium style restaurants, so unless the kids have to try it...we'll likely keep that as a "been there-done that."

MerMom1981

I'm shocked! My family was there in March & it was one of our favorite meals. The entire staff was courteous & the atmosphere was just lovely. Maybe they've gotten their act together? The service was a bit slow, but it was clearly due to a lack of bussing staff. A problem not exclusive to Chefs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom