Your Best Disney Etiquette Tips

I_heart_Tigger

I'm heading to a conference in June and will be with some travel agents who have never been to WDW before. I was going to post a few Disney Etiquette tips for them so our agency is represented well while we explore the world.

I will mention no flash photos on rides and no saving spots for a large group for rides or parades but if you have any other suggestions you think are worthwhile to list I'd appreciate it.

Skibum1970

1. Be aware of your surroundings when on a cell phone or texting. People put their noses into their phones and ignore the fact that they are holding up people (in walkways as well as queues).

2. When taking pictures, quickly aim and shoot. Too many people take soooooo much time aiming and passersby are forced to either photobomb unintentionally or to try and walk around.

3. Remember that you are there to have fun.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

Just a quick suggestion, and one I didn't think to do until I came on these boards - It's nice to leave your maid a little tip every day. She does, after all, have to pick up all of our crap and make our beds and it's just the proper thing to do. We leave $5-$10/day depending on what we have in our pockets and how messy the room is when we leave (my DH and I look at each other and you can see it in our eyes if it's a $10 day). Some people make the envelopes with the tips in them before they leave for the trip and decorate them and leave cute notes in them. We didn't do the notes thing, but we did put it in an envelope every day in an obvious place so that she knew this was not just $5 (or $10 :oops:) laying around - that it was for her.

I just leave the money on the pillow. That way they know it is for them and you just didnt accidentally leave money on the side table.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I have exactly ONE....

Walk like you drive. Go right. I FINALLY saw Cast members YELLING at people to do this our our last trip - April 15-24.
I don't care if you walk, have a mega stroller, or a scooter with spikes on the front... GO RIGHT. Once all the way RIGHT? Walk over the heads of those going LEFT, if you have to.
What about all the people from overseas. That are used to driving on the wrong side?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom