Young Couple Help!

cb3k

Hey everyone, I am looking to take my girlfriend to the world for a 3 day weekend. We both live in Orlando and I have an Annual Pass, so this should cut down on costs considerably. I am looking for any suggestions on successful endeavours that you may have had in the past (Guys I hope you can pull through on this one, but girls Im sure you have all the "Right" answers on what I should do). I am not looking to go super thrifty, but would like to keep it reasonable seeing as I am a college student. Any suggestions on a "couple's must see and do" would be greatly appreciated. I am very familiar with the resorts and have stayed all nearly all of them, but would like some input on the "perfect" one for a couple....Thank you all. Oh I forgot to mention that I am looking to go sometime mid to late august....Thanks again...

cb3k

Original Poster
hmm...no help so far....Looks like she is getting the knock off version of the Polynesian and two days at wet and wild and seaworld.....

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I would recommend POR or FQ both are really nice and you can do a carriage ride there, rent those two person bicycle things, take the boat to DTD, Boatright's is great for breakfast. I know there were some AP rates floating around, but can't recall the dates for them, would definitely recommend contacting Kingdom Konsultant's as they are very knowledgeable and will find the discounts if available.

Upvote 0

Tomcat47

hmm...no help so far....Looks like she is getting the knock off version of the Polynesian and two days at wet and wild and seaworld.....
Caribbean Beach is nice to stay at. They have a nice little spot on the path that connect both sides where you can sit and relax. You can rent a surrey bike there too and take a ride around the lake. If your looking for a dining experience try Tony's Town Square for that special amore ( Hey it worked for Tramp) Either that or find out what her favorite character or movie was and pick out a resturant that either has that atmosphere or a character interaction.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Ooh, heaven forbid we don't answer promptly! :D

I know there are passholder rates of 164 for a studio at OKW and SSR. Aside from being, IMO, romantic more-out-of-the-way, less-themed resorts, you have excellent quiet pools at SSR,lovely walkways, & ferry service from both to DTD.

If that's still too much, I'd say PO-R, easily the most romantic of the mods, with horse carriage rides and water ferry service to DTD.

Upvote 0

cb3k

Original Poster
Thank you guys, so far so good....Im trying to surprise her..I wanted to make her think that we are going out to eat on International Drive and pretend I can't find the restaurant and just turn off into the resort and say "checking in" to the guard. If you have any good suggestions to go along with this feel free to share...the more the better..thanks again!

Upvote 0

Philo

You might be better off pretending your going to eat at one of the resort restaurants rather than one on I-Drive. That way she will be less suspicious of you when you turn up and you might be able to check-in while your girlfriend is eating (pretend your going to the bathroom or something?!). It will be really great when you've paid you bill, she's ready to go home and then you supprise her with the room.

How are you going to get her to pack three days of clothes though?

Upvote 0

cb3k

Original Poster
Good thinking on taking her to a resort restaurant...This is where the tricky part comes in..(getting her stuff packed). I am pretty close with her roommates, so I figured I could get them to pack a bag (they should know what she would wear right?) and seeing that I have a truck..I was going to arrange to pick it up early and put it in the bed of the truck with a tarp over it (so even if she did glance in the back she wouldnt notice...) hmm...Thinking about it I will try to convince her to take a trip on the monorail (this will not seem out of the norm, she knows what kind of fanatic I am), and once it stops at Magic Kingdom we could take a boat over to Wilderness Lodge (where I would like to book it)...

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

Perhaps you could make her think you're taking her to a new restaurant near Disney World (but you're not really going to do that) Print out a lovely announcement for reservations at Disney World Resort restaurant.. I suggest California Grill. Try to get reservations during one of the fireworks shows at MK. Anyway... Put the printout in an envelope & put the envelope in the glove compartment of your car. While driving to this "new restaurant you want to try" & just before you turn onto the part of the highway that will give away where you're really going tell her you forgot how to get there & that you have an envelope with the directions in the glove comparment. Ask her to get the envelope & read the directions to you as if you were really going to go to this fictional place. Watch what happens when she starts to read the printout.
PS Be sure to think of a name of this fictional restaurant & what kind of restaurant it is if she asks questions

Upvote 0

disneydudette

I would suggest SSR. If you could swing a 1-bedroom, I would consider that to be ideal. The king bed and jacuzzi tub are worth it, especially for a young couple! A studio would be nice as well though. Overall SSR has a much more "adult" feel then any other resort on property. The grounds are quiet yet beautiful and theres always a decent view. As Slappy Magoo said, theres also some really great rates too. The resort is ideal for a relaxing getaway.

To surprise her? I would say try and check-in right away in the morning, without her knowledge. Continue with your day like nothing is different and suggest eating an early dinner at downtown disney that night. Drive over and again continue like nothings wrong. After dinner, tell you'd like to take a walk over to SSR and check out the resort. It's a really nice walk and would be a great way to have some deep and romantic conversation. The view of the sun setting with DTD is really beautiful.

Walk up to the building your staying in and open the door to your room. I'm sure you'll catch her off guard with that move. To add something even nicer, maybe have a gift basket waiting in the room for her with some chocolate and goodies.

One thing to make sure of... As much as we love out clothes, I couldn't imagine wearing the same outfit for 3 days. Maybe pack a bag without her knowdlege of some clothing, toiletries (sp?), and other essential girl items, especially if your planning on surprising her with no "have to go home" trips.

As for in the parks? Don't overdue it, relax and take it all in. Maybe sleep in and go on the attractions that you normally skip over. Go back for afternoon swims and try a couple of good table services. If it's in your budget, try a Disney tour. We're huge fans of the Around the World segway tour at Epcot. We love to go minature golfing too.

Take advantage of Photopass and when your return, make the photopass book to remember the trip. The book is amazing, easy to create, and very affordable. The option is on the direct photopass website. It would make a great keepsake and another neat way to surprise her after the trip. You can also upload your on photos.

Overall make sure it's a VACATION and don't do the disney death march. If you can't swing SSR, I would recommend POFQ or CBR. Take it slow and relax. Take advantage of your resort and the time with eachother.

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

Good thinking on taking her to a resort restaurant...This is where the tricky part comes in..(getting her stuff packed). I am pretty close with her roommates, so I figured I could get them to pack a bag (they should know what she would wear right?) and seeing that I have a truck..I was going to arrange to pick it up early and put it in the bed of the truck with a tarp over it (so even if she did glance in the back she wouldnt notice...) hmm...Thinking about it I will try to convince her to take a trip on the monorail (this will not seem out of the norm, she knows what kind of fanatic I am), and once it stops at Magic Kingdom we could take a boat over to Wilderness Lodge (where I would like to book it)...

Ah...packing the bags... forgot about that. I'd go with the roomate being in cahoots with you...do you have an extra set of keys to the car & they can put the bags in your car at some point?

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hey everyone, I am looking to take my girlfriend to the world for a 3 day weekend. We both live in Orlando and I have an Annual Pass, so this should cut down on costs considerably. I am looking for any suggestions on successful endeavours that you may have had in the past (Guys I hope you can pull through on this one, but girls Im sure you have all the "Right" answers on what I should do). I am not looking to go super thrifty, but would like to keep it reasonable seeing as I am a college student. Any suggestions on a "couple's must see and do" would be greatly appreciated. I am very familiar with the resorts and have stayed all nearly all of them, but would like some input on the "perfect" one for a couple....Thank you all. Oh I forgot to mention that I am looking to go sometime mid to late august....Thanks again...
I would also recommend POR or POFQ (both moderate resorts).
Which parks do you want to visit on this trip?
What type of meals do you enjoy?

Upvote 0

cb3k

Original Poster
I am planning on visiting MK, EPCOT, and AK...no sweat if I don't get to MGM...this will mark my 40th visit since September, so I am in no big rush to get the attractions in...I plan on buying her an Annual Pass so if she doesnt get all of the attractions done, She will in due time. I really am looking to create an awesome time with "resort based/nighttime/unique" experiences...I like all kinds of food (heck if the San Angel Inn Cantina was romantic enough I would eat all of my meals there)...

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I am planning on visiting MK, EPCOT, and AK...no sweat if I don't get to MGM...this will mark my 40th visit since September, so I am in no big rush to get the attractions in...I plan on buying her an Annual Pass so if she doesnt get all of the attractions done, She will in due time. I really am looking to create an awesome time with "resort based/nighttime/unique" experiences...I like all kinds of food (heck if the San Angel Inn Cantina was romantic enough I would eat all of my meals there)...

OK, THIS might sound like I'm being a wet blanket, but unless you guys have been together a good long while, or you know she's a Disney nut too, and unless this isn't your first trip together anywhere, I'd suggest buying her a parkhopper now. If you guys have an awesome time together, then after the 2nd day, you can ask her if she'd like to come back with you sometime soon, and if she says Yes, THEN upgrade to the annual pass.

Not trying to quelch romance, but buying her an annual pass pretty much says "I expect to come back here with you," and if the trip doesn't go as well as you'd hope, or (knock on wood) you guys start having problems, you don't have that fairly expensive present hanging over your head.

But if you guys have been together a while, and she enjoys WDW like you do, then I'm sure none of my concerns factor into your situation.

Oh, and one suggestion I forgot to make before...if you have the scratch, and if they're occurring during your trip, consider getting tickets for the Pirates & Princesses Party at MK. Since you're only there for a few days, having 5 hours in the park, when it's darker, and without the heavier crowds you'll often find during extra magic hours, could be a plus in getting some of the bigger attractions under your belts (I know you go often, but I don't think you mentioned if SHE goes often, and she might like it).

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Cover a rag in paint thinner and when your 2 miles from Disney pull over and cover her mouth and nose with it. She will pass out in minutes...........when she wakes...........suprise!!!!..........shes in Disney!!!! I dont know if she will speak to you again, but she will be suprised non the less. Good Luck, and have fun..................For real, try blind folding her till you get to where your going and let her guess along the way.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I'd try and stay at the Yacht & Beach Club. The pool alone is great to relax at, and you can find a few chairs away from noise and enjoy yourselves. The bar at the pool is great, as is the one inside (I'm assuming you're 21).

Staying there, you're a short walk from Jelly Rolls, ESPN, and other good places, as well as EPCOT if you visit each country (again, assuming you're 21).

This is what I did with my wife last year (she hates the parks) but she loved it because we didn't focus on being in the parks that much, but just hanging out together and having fun. Our fun ended up costing a lot more than we planned for, but that's what credit card debt is made of!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

cb3k

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks to all of you...looks like I am going to pursue operation SSR..I am going to check in early during the day..head back to campus, covertly load her bag into my truck, take her to a nice dinner in DTD (possibly Raglan Road...so so food but great Guinness and entertainment), then take a leisurely stroll through the path heading towards SSR, and just happen to have a working key card...Inside I will have something set up for her..basket of her favorite stuff...itinerary, reservation to nice meal.....etc...Any last minute add ons are still welcome...Thanks again you guys.!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom