You'll Never Look at the Haunted Mansion the same way again....

MKCP 1985

I really enjoyed the Missing in the Mansion video and posted it along with the "making of" videos to my Facebook page, with credit to wdwmagic for this discussion, of course!

The Haunted Mansion ride is not scary at all to me - -so it was cool to watch the video that gives it a little edge!

spock

Hah!

No, she doesn't cry or whine. Thankfully, my kid is the quiet sort. She doesn't throw tantrums or express herself loudly. In the stretching room she grabs my leg / waist. But, she always wants to go on the ride...until we get to the Doombuggy loading, and then her fear kicks in. But, she's never freaked out on HM. The only ride she freaked out on so badly that I thought we'd need to exit early was Stitch when she was 5.

On HM, she just gets very quiet and spends most of the ride with her face in my chest and grips my arm / shirt. When she was 5 and 6, I don't think she saw any of the ride at all...but this past year at 7, she finally got up the nerve to peek a few times.

Just out of curiosity, if it scares her every time, why do you keep taking her on it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just out of curiosity, if it scares her every time, why do you keep taking her on it?

Because, @spock...She tasks me...she tasks me...

Seriously though, I don't force her on any ride. Read on through my posts, you'll see we skipped Mummy at Universal because she freaked out.

But, with respect to HM...from the post you quoted...

Hah!
But, she always wants to go on the ride...until we get to the Doombuggy loading, and then her fear kicks in.

I don't know if it's her testing her own mettle, or just that she forgets that she is scared by the ride. But, *I* don't "keep taking her on it". She insists we go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom