You see Pixie Hollow being removed?

EvilChameleon

I would move the fireworks to DCA, personally. Every weekend. And if, for whatever reason, the fireworks have to be cancelled, World Of Color is ready to go.

PB Watermelon

Me too.

Fireworks are fun and all, but when you stop and think about the headache they are to the entire rest of the park, you start to wonder if that 15 minutes on weekend nights, and every night during peak seasons, is really worth it.

And I would NEVER trade charming and quaint for barren and efficient. I think that would be a major mistake.

Think about the headache they cause for getting around the entire rest of the park for hours in the evenings.

I know the fireworks behind the castle have been their money shot for decades now, but I really wish they would do something to minimize the impact they have on the rest of the park.

Hey, that's a great time to visit headliners you may have missed during the day.

D

Deleted member 107043

Fireworks are fun and all, but when you stop and think about the headache they are to the entire rest of the park, you start to wonder if that 15 minutes on weekend nights, and every night during peak seasons, is really worth it.

yaaaip9khsdujdj3hers.gif

DLR92

I love fireworks, honestly I don't need to be in front of the castle to have a fantastic view. Where ever I am at the park, I am happy to see firework set off. I don't care if I am in line in Splash Mountain, in line for/on Big Thunder. Or even walking on harbor, I'm good!

DLR92

I would move the fireworks to DCA, personally. Every weekend. And if, for whatever reason, the fireworks have to be cancelled, World Of Color is ready to go.

Moving firework to DCA would be a terrible move. The residence near by are already having a hissy fit with DL fireworks and wishing an petition to ban of fireworks. DCA boundary is much closer to residential zoning-that would cause a war breakout with residence and Disney. DCA doesn't have proper space for launch pad compared to DL.

Curious Constance

I love fireworks, honestly I don't need to be in front of the castle to have a fantastic view. Where ever I am at the park, I am happy to see firework set off. I don't care if I am in line in Splash Mountain, in line for/on Big Thunder. Or even walking on harbor, I'm good!
Our last trip we were just getting off of Small World when the fireworks started, so we were able to watch the show right after the gift shop. We were right in front and almost no one was around. Had a great view of the projections on Small World too. I don't think I'll ever bother with the hub mess when it's much less crazy back there.

DLR92

Our last trip we were just getting off of Small World when the fireworks started, so we were able to watch the show right after the gift shop. We were right in front and almost no one was around. Had a great view of the projections on Small World too. I don't think I'll ever bother with the hub mess when it's much less crazy back there.
Oh, I know the feeling! It better to be away from the hub mess when parades and firework starts. That why I like viewing fireworks away from Disney suggestion of viewing from the hub. I don't want to be in the crowd and fight a perfect view. I rather just enjoy my time and take in the atmosphere. A walk back from the hotel or some offsite restaurant while the firework starts is even just relaxing and delightful.

Darkbeer1

There are some good options off-property, the new Fifth Bar on the roof of the Grand Legacy, and the Springhill Suites at Katella and Harbor rooftop pool deck are both great options that the public can access. So get out of the park, and watch the fireworks in a more relaxed area with an adult beverage.

Darkbeer1

Some of my not in Disneyland Park locations...

Paradise Pier Pool Deck, the music is piped in.

Mickey And Friends Structure Rooftop, interesting to be able to see the launch tubes, and usually you can hear the music.

And my favorite, sitting in the HoJo Anaheim Hot Tub with an adult beverage.

D.Silentu

Prior to the 50th anniversary I really enjoyed watching the fireworks from Tomorrowland. We can really thank the castle projections and rooftop based fireworks for the crowding nuisance. That being the case, they might be wise to eliminate those things from the next version. However, if projections are necessary, perhaps there should be multiple locations around the park that feature them to draw people away from the hub. Varied projection shows at each spot might do the trick. Of course, after thirteen years people may just be conditioned to stand in front of the castle by this point.

nevol

The rocks, fountain, and pixie hollow ought to become roped off seating and fireworks viewing with astroturf so as not to make the place look any more asphalty than necessary. Get an extra 1,000-2,000 fireworks spectators in there and call it a day. When tomorrowland gets renovated, build a curved, ascending midway toward space mountain by plowing through star tours. This would have a 135 degree angle roughly view northeast toward the castle and that path could have half of itself roped off to traffic for another viewing location.

Darkbeer1

While we are re-designing the park, also address the Main Street issue by converting current "temporary" pathway from the Opera House to the Plaza Inn into a fully open to the guests path during operating hours. This "bypass" would be in addition to the regular Main Street, think of it as a highway with no stops, just like what happened in the real world to many Main Streets.

DanielBB8

The rocks, fountain, and pixie hollow ought to become roped off seating and fireworks viewing with astroturf so as not to make the place look any more asphalty than necessary. Get an extra 1,000-2,000 fireworks spectators in there and call it a day. When tomorrowland gets renovated, build a curved, ascending midway toward space mountain by plowing through star tours. This would have a 135 degree angle roughly view northeast toward the castle and that path could have half of itself roped off to traffic for another viewing location.
I like the astroturf idea, but views from a ramp towards Space Mountain would be blocked by the Astro-orbitor, the Buzz Lightyear attractions, and People Mover tracks. To do the job correctly, relocate Astro Orbitor to a new location and remove the People Mover tracks. This frees up even more space at the entrance of Tomorrowland.

Jedi Stitch

I have a picture with Ariel hanging on my wall from Ariel's grotto. I have few pictures of trying to catch the spurts of water that used to shoot over head in the que line.

DanielBB8

While we are re-designing the park, also address the Main Street issue by converting current "temporary" pathway from the Opera House to the Plaza Inn into a fully open to the guests path during operating hours. This "bypass" would be in addition to the regular Main Street, think of it as a highway with no stops, just like what happened in the real world to many Main Streets.
The little used pathway is a narrow corridor. They should have made a second store front with wider walkways that’s accessible from the stores and Main Street. In fact, they should be even more ambitious by plowing through the restrooms at the north next to Plaza Inn so guests can walk from Tomorrowland straight down to the Main Street hub bypassing the crowds. From looking at Google maps, they are all backstage and employee rest areas. Maybe can’t be done.

EvilChameleon

Moving firework to DCA would be a terrible move. The residence near by are already having a hissy fit with DL fireworks and wishing an petition to ban of fireworks. DCA boundary is much closer to residential zoning-that would cause a war breakout with residence and Disney. DCA doesn't have proper space for launch pad compared to DL.

First of all, those people can move, and second of all, they do just fine for the NYE fireworks/water show they put on, so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom