YOU pick 1 Ride to Refurb........Which is it?

Wonders of Life. Bring it into the 21st Century, or get rid of it and build some new pavilion there... thinking of Weather, Computers, or Music maybe?
i was trying to think of the most dated attraction or pavillion and wonders of life is it hands down. not only for the sake of updating it, but for actually using it. isn't it closed mostly, except for peak attendance periods? i am really surprised that disney would allow vacant, unused space like that. i understand that they have other projects and places that are currently being updated, but this isn't like some out of the way space.
i would also vote for the great movie ride. some of the animatronics look like they could use a good spa treatment.
i am really excited and hopeful for the haunted mansion update...only 5 months to go!!!!1:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

-SIR-

Can't just say one...

Wonders of life - because its so sad to see it empty all the time

Jungle Cruise - To make it more like Hong Kongs

Space Mountain - to make it not feel like something from the 70's

Country Bear Jamboree - Cause it REALLY needs a refurb or to be 86'd

lilclerk

DEFINITEY Space.
I know Jungle Cruise should be updated, and I won't complain when it is, but I really love how hokey it is. Maybe I just had a great skipper, but that was one of my favorite rides of my last trip.

ravensworth

Primevil whirl or all of dinoland USA. Looks too trashy for a Disney park or a travaling amusement park that just set-up for a weekend. And speaking of trash - what is with that Narnia show? I waited 10 mins in line for that cr*p. Big waste of time. :wave:

JNL0508

My vote goes to Space Mountain. But I would also like to see something new done with the Enchanted Tiki Birds. As in, gone permanently!!!

PigletIsMyCat

Space should be gutted and updated to be more like DLR's or DLP's version.

Haunted Mansion and SSE have both been in need of updates, and I'm glad they're getting them.

The animatronics through Jungle Cruise should be updated. The ride is supposed to be funny and hokey, but I can't stand those water stains on the elephant's legs.

WoL pavillion should be redone. A previous poster mentioned making it about computers, weather, or music. There is an awful lot of computer-y things at Innoventions, so I'm not sure about that. We liked the pavillion's ideas - even though they are outdated and some were not running when we saw it open. It's a shame to waste that space - it would be very cose effective to just re-flim the Body Wars thing and open up a few new Innoventions-like areas. Of course, then they have to staff it.

And, finally, Carosel of Progress. The final scene needs to be updated. Half the people getting on the ride don't even know what a laserdisc was. Even the clothes look terribly dated. They could do some basic maintenance on the other scenes and redo the final scene to reflect something a little more 'new millenium'.

radiohost

Original Poster
Primevil whirl or all of dinoland USA. Looks too trashy for a Disney park or a travaling amusement park that just set-up for a weekend. And speaking of trash - what is with that Narnia show? I waited 10 mins in line for that cr*p. Big waste of time. :wave:

I doubt WDW will take out a farely new attraction, but I agree with you 100% that this land is a bit tacky for disney standards. The first time I saw this land and horrible gut wrenching feeling came over me. The only thing that was missing were the carnies with tatoos all up and down there arms somoking a cigarette. If I wanted a county fair I would go my county fair, or six flags. Either way would work!! lol

Radiohost:cool:

hcswingfield

DEFINITEY Space.
I know Jungle Cruise should be updated, and I won't complain when it is, but I really love how hokey it is. Maybe I just had a great skipper, but that was one of my favorite rides of my last trip.

I agree on both counts. Space mountain is just painful for anyone over a "certain age." And Jungle Cruise is a hoot just as it is.

And COP needs to be refurbished, if only to fix the awful unnatural bulge in father's throat. Put a turtleneck over it, at least.

PhilharMagician

COP has to be the #1. It is severe disrepair
GMR needs help for the queue all the way to the exit, but is still presentable.
Space needs a definate technology update which means a total gutting, but is not in as bad shape as the 2 above

My Wish! :rolleyes: My wish would be the revitalization of WOL. Know matter how many stars I wish apon or how many wishes a genie would grant me it would not happen. I am surprised that the wrecking ball hasn't hit it yet. Maybe they are to busy knocking down the Contemprary North building and WOL is next.

CThaddeus

Final scene of CoP... laserdiscs? really?

Yup. The grandfather goes into one of those "When I was your age we didn't have laser discs or high-def TV" speeches to the granddaughter. Admittedly, I'd love to see the ending updated, but I still think the more immediate concerns are for LMA and Test Track (I know they're popular but that's because one's new and the other goes fast). But after reading Ravensworth's posting, I can't believe I forgot about Chester n' Hester's (maybe I just wanted to) and that Narnia thingy. I guess I can't choose just one. I'd also like to get back the original Tiki Room and Journey Into Imagination, too. So, there's my top 6, I guess. Maybe we could make this thread one per Park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom