YOU pick 1 Ride to Refurb........Which is it?

CThaddeus

Agreed. I'd be okay with just updating the animatronics, but changing the ride itself would make me sad.

Ditto. I'm okay with this attraction as is, but an update of the audio-animatronics is always welcome. Or, they could add Jack Sparrow to it, change the story to how he's been lost in the jungle, and we have to find him. Golly, that shure would be swell. They should do that with Pirates of the Caribbean, too...oh yeah. They did. I keep trying to forget about that and here I go reminding myself.

Greenlawler

Can't just say one...

Jungle Cruise - To make it more like Hong Kongs

Country Bear Jamboree - Cause it REALLY needs a refurb or to be 86'd[/quote

Whats with all you Country Bear haters? There are certain rides or attractions IMO that just should not be messed with. They are just Disney traditions. This is Dinseyworld to me, back when the park opened in Florida the movie Robin Hood and this attraction were all the rage. when I see a refrence to either it takes me back to the early 70's. They already screwed up the Tiki room, obliterated Mr. Toad, etc...Sharing the songs from The Country Bears with my sons for the first time was like the end of Fielld of Dreams for me "having a catch with my son". Those of you voting the Bears off the island go to Disneyland:) .
Of course this debate will rage I am sure but if your going to refurb anything Great Movie Ride is dreadful for a ride built in the 80's, there is nothing sacred about it.

CThaddeus

Oh I dont know, I kind of like riding the ride hearing a 10 year old ask his mom at every scene in the ride..."What movie is that from??" :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Radiohost:cool:

That's because the bulk of them are "great" movies...in other words, classics. Very few kids I know have been introduced to the great classics of cinema. Sure, most have seen the Disney movies, the Wizard of Oz, and Indiana Jones, but I know many adults who haven't bothered to watch those great old films. I think of Disney-MGM like cable. The Great Movie Ride is TCM, while all the rest of the attractions are various other stations...some being much better than others (LMA for example is like ESPN 3 or Spike TV, Rock n' Rollercoaster is MTV, Star Tours is Sci-Fi, etc.). So, while any new classic additions are welcome, changing it to suit some 10-year old is a really bad idea. It's still my favorite attraction at that Park, and I'd hate to see it dumbed down like they did with Future World.

WDWFigment

i say hm if they dont do it right this time, bears ugh put the blasted vacation show back with updated audio, & upgrades to the theater, jungle cruise, cop yes, not a space mountain rider, but it needs to be brought past 1975....great movie ride, yes, newer films would be nice, still havent wasted time on lma so cant say, if only we could remove the hat at d-mgm id b happy.:wave:

First, proper grammar, punctuation, and just better attention to detail makes reading posts a lot more bearable. Second, I agree about GMR. We definitely need to see some Michael Bay films incorporated as well as those fart-joke comedies that crack me up so much. Also, I think it would be good to add Wild Hogs or anything with a rapper in it. Movies with rappers are the best!

...I don't know if I'd call any movies to come out in the past ten years great as of yet, some certainly will be great, once they stand the test of time and prove as much.

Mimi

Star Tours!!! It was great in its day but now it is just an embarrassment! :eek: There is so much potential there!

JCorduroy

Does it have to be an attraction? :) If yes, I'll go with the Carousel of Progress. It was Walt's favorite, and deserves the TLC it needs to keep it...well...progressing.

If it doesn't have to be an attraction, I'm going with the Magic of Disney Animation walk through at DS. I'd love to have the animators back working so people can see them live making the next big animated feature for Walt Disney Studios.

JML42691

Title speaks for itself...

Out of all the rides on property, what ride would you refurb, either because its old or just needs a good 'ol fashioned wdi refurb?...
I think that Dinosaur needs to be refurbed the most, it had dozens of cool effects that are broken and/or removed due to poor maintenance and lack of interest to funding for this ride during the EE construction. I am yet to see the laser effects work.

Chernobog

I'd choose Imagination...or as I like to call it "Abomination"...which is what it became when they completely destroyed it. Good thing I'm not bitter about it...

PLTram

Can't just say one...

Jungle Cruise - To make it more like Hong Kongs

Country Bear Jamboree - Cause it REALLY needs a refurb or to be 86'd[/quote

Whats with all you Country Bear haters? There are certain rides or attractions IMO that just should not be messed with. They are just Disney traditions. This is Dinseyworld to me, back when the park opened in Florida the movie Robin Hood and this attraction were all the rage. when I see a refrence to either it takes me back to the early 70's.

Disney traditions are a relatively new thing and created by people like you and me. And I don't know about you, but I don't have enough reverence for my new-found traditions that I think they should be preserved at all costs.

I think the whole Disney theme park concept was(is?) typified by the use cutting edge innovation and ride technology, not hanging on to favorite old rides, shows and methods.

Sorry, not to single your post out specifically, :wave: just figured that this was as good a place as any to insert my $0.02 worth on the topic of creating traditions versus innovation and change.

And not that there aren't some rides that shouldn't remain more or less 'sacred' (like Carousel of Progress and perhaps a few others, IMO), but virtually every ride has the potential to stir some emotion in someone at some point in their lives, and hence all candidates for 'untouchable classic.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom