you KNOW you're a Disney snob when...

supapampam

my neighbor spent over $1000 on fireworks which was o-kay display but
as i was standing outside watching i thought to myself if i had that money i would have gone to disney for a couple of nights and saw a great show everynight without having to clean up the street afterwards.

i know i'm a disney snob -- but a nice one!

Tim G

you KNOW you're a Disney snob when...

:eek: Not When!!!

I AM A DISNEY SNOB... :king:

And so modest too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

timkelmom

We are Disney snobs as well. My kids did not even want to see other fireworks this year. We watched some on TV.

I have also been to Thunder over Louisville and must say, it is an amazing display. Definately a close second.

My heart belongs to Disney however.

Craig & Lisa

Where we live, NJ where the state is closed, in our town we had fireworks for the first time in 35 years. They were good, but the family and I had the biggest laugh, during the show they started to play When you wish upon a star, my wife started to laugh, she mentioned later that all she could think of was seeing the lone white shot over head and hearing , "WISHES"! Some of the people around us could not understand what was so funny.

autumndawn1006

I know I'm a Disney snob, no questions.:D

I will say however, that once again I loved the Gulf Shores fireworks. Maybe I just loved the ambience of watching the show with just my family from the dock.

What was neat was this morning when my 2 year old told me-"no school, go watch fireworks". I was able to tell her in just a couple of months she would be able to watch fireworks every day for a week!:animwink:

FigmentJedi

I also listen to Disney fireworks music often during local fireworks shows, though I wasn't able to do so this year with my iPod having been confiscated from me due to atrocious Geometry grades. Watching this year though, I had the Spaceship Earth score in my head for some reason.
I've seen a few Boy Scout produced shows that used Disney music in excess, most notably the entire score of Illuminations (sans Chaos and begining of We Go On) at the Boy Scout Jamboree last summer for the laser light sequence as well as "He Lives in You" for a Order of the Arrow produced show at NOAC several years ago used in some scene where the main character remembers his long dead father, using the Lion King Musical version to be precise. Some sort of Dance Remix version was used for exit music for the show, I'm not kidding...

Mia319

I know I'm a Disney snob....

1) because i shutter when people tell me they are staying "off-site" while on their WDW trip.

2) because i shutter when i hear people talk about going to Universal while on their WDW trip.

3) because i can't bear the thought of driving 18 hours to any other florida destination (from chicago) and not going to WDW. i mean, if i'm going all the way down there, i might as well just go to WDW. (p.s. i don't fly)

4) because i can't bear the thought of spending less than 7 days on my WDW trip.

and finally 5) because everytime i am in the mall i MUST stop in the Disney Store... and everytime i say to myself, i wish i were shopping in WDW!

2gether

The best quote yet...

Mia319 said:
1) because i shutter when people tell me they are staying "off-site" while on their WDW trip.

2) because i shutter when i hear people talk about going to Universal while on their WDW trip.

3) because i can't bear the thought of driving 18 hours to any other florida destination (from chicago) and not going to WDW. i mean, if i'm going all the way down there, i might as well just go to WDW. (p.s. i don't fly)

4) because i can't bear the thought of spending less than 7 days on my WDW trip.

and finally 5) because everytime i am in the mall i MUST stop in the Disney Store... and everytime i say to myself, i wish i were shopping in WDW!

Although I am happy to get a one day trip in on business or whatever whenever I can...here's mine:

1. Made plans for a romantic trip to Scotland, and then decided to go to WDW with DW instead. Next year made plans for a romantic trip to New York, same thing.
2. Everytime someone even mentions WDW and their plans, you think, man don't do that. You will be standing in line for hours!

Reno

Mia319 said:

DITTO!!! I said the same things in an earlier post (Am I a Disney Snob?) and know exactly what you mean. During our fireworks display my husband said "it just ain't Disney is it??" Not unless you feel the concussion in your chest and have a tear in your eye........NO, IT IS NOT DISNEY!!

MayKit

How about shuddering when hearing about people who, while on a WDW/Universal trip, actually stay on UNIVERSAL property? lol (not that I have anything against Universal, but I'm guessing this could upset a true WDW snob)

barnum42

Mia319 said:

I've always stayed off-site. And because I do I can afford to spend two weeks playing in the parks, no shuddering but plenty of shutter action from my camera ;)

(Guess I'm a grammar snob) ;)

Gucci65

MouseearsDeb said:
My apologies.....

I re-read your post, and perhaps I misunderstood the point you were making.
:wave:

No problem.

The girl called RnR the "Aerosmith Roller Coaster", THEN she had the story all wrong. It was the incorrect name for RnR that caught my ear. THAT was why I was thinking I was a snob.

See you on the boards!!:wave:

TTFN-Tiggger

Disney snob - probably most of us are.
I did not even bother to go see any fireworks this year. They don't even compare to Disney so why bother with the traffic and mosquitoe's. Plus, I saw them in March and will again in Nov/Dec. Well worth the wait in my opinion. :)

DisneySam

K&K said:
Have to say.....I am from Louisville and Thunder RULES!!!!! There is nothing like it.

Yes, my husband and I are die hard Disney fans, and I choke up at most of the fireworks shows at the world, but Louisville knows how to give a good firework display.

Yes I have been to Thunder several times and its AMAZING! Wishes and Illuminations etc. are totally different experiences. They really are more of a show where as thunder is a display of pyrotechnics (sp?) I have both Wishes and Illuminations CD's and listen to them often.

My DisneySnob antics are like everyone else. Most often, when people come back and say oh we only rode like 5 rides in the Magic Kingdom, or something like oh we left before Fantasmic/ Illuminations is it good? Or when you are at EPCOT and hear someone say "Lets go ride the golf ball [SSE] I heard they have a rollercoaster inside."

pintraderpayee

barnum42 said:
I've always stayed off-site. And because I do I can afford to spend two weeks playing in the parks, no shuddering but plenty of shutter action from my camera ;)

(Guess I'm a grammar snob) ;)
ROFL! I bet American commercials drive you nutters (I think that is the correct Brit slang)! I know the one that really gets to me is the "Where you at" phone ads. They remind me of a tee that a fellow teacher wears on Fridays that says "This sentence no verb!" :) Some grammar mistakes bother me more than others, but the ones that hurt me the most are "be" in place of "is":(!!! OMG! I've never found a typo on any Disney publication!......another reason to be a Disney snob!

barnum42

pintraderpayee said:
ROFL! I bet American commercials drive you nutters (I think that is the correct Brit slang)! I know the one that really gets to me is the "Where you at" phone ads. They remind me of a tee that a fellow teacher wears on Fridays that says "This sentence no verb!" :) Some grammar mistakes bother me more than others, but the ones that hurt me the most are "be" in place of "is":(!!! OMG! I've never found a typo on any Disney publication!......another reason to be a Disney snob!
I found the "where are you at?" phrase interesting when I first encountered it in Atlanta, as in the the South West of England there is a similar thing, except they use "to" instead of "at". As in, "Where are you to?" or if asking the location of something it comes out phonetically as "Where-zit-too?" :D

KnK

TAC said:
Can I come down and see it with you next year ? :lookaroun

Of course! It's party time in Louisville! You won't find a better city, then Louisville at Derby time!

pintraderpayee

TAC said:
If you come to Philadelphia, you better keep your jacket on so that you don't shudder too much. "How ya doin'?" is the city slogan. :rolleyes:
When you teach in the deep South, you learn other "languages" pretty fast. Example: Mrs. P.: Where is your pencil? Student: I ain't en much got naren.Translation: I do not have one. I love it when some of those same students get that first taste of Epcot's World Showcase.......talk about a language barrier!:) However, they soon mutate into Disney snobs.......I love to corrupt America's youth by exposing them to WDW!!!!:):) 150+ students and counting.....

SpeedFigure

I guess I really am spoiled......the guy who coordinates the Disney fireworks did the fireworks where I live. They were definently smaller scale, but I was enjoyed it. The best I've seen outside of the Olympics and Disney. Now Olympic fireworks....you'll totally get ruined.
We watched the fireworks to Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom