you KNOW you're a Disney snob when...

barnum42

Our fireworks are on November 5th and for me too Disney has spoiled it. However one I saw a few years ago in the village of Cranleigh was still enjoyable.

It starts with the locals parading through the streets to the site of the bonfire. They are all carrying flaming torches. At the bonfire a d-list celebrity cast the first torch onto the bonfire then everyone else flings theirs on and with the fire blazing the fireworks are set off. Whilst there was no music and simpler fireworks, the general atmosphere made up for it

lcsrig

I am so glad I'm not alone. I even got my hubby to admit that Disney fireworks have spoiled us. We kept watching our local fireworks and thinking, "These pale in comparison to Wishes!" Neither one of us said anything til we got home. I looked and my hubby and thanked him for taking us into town to see the fireworks. Then he said, "There weren't as good as Mickey's!"

MouseearsDeb

Gucci65 said:
Having dinner at a Mexican restaurant Monday night and listening to the overly loud table behind us. When someone announces that a boy died after he walked off the "Aerosmith roller coaster". She was telling her party how the boy got off the ride and collapsed in the gift shop. She had read all this on the internet.......... Then she proceeded to start talking about how Disney needs to take more precautions when letting children get on "dangerous" rides.

I said nothing.

I was thinking if ignorance is bliss, then this is one extremely happy person.

Um....this has what to do with fireworks?

JimboJones123

Illuminations would be great -- if there were a top to bottom firework show. The lulls and preachyness of it -- that YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ANYWAYS make it kinda, whatever. The XMAS version is awesome though. But I was thinking more along the lines of Wishes. Or from what I have heard, the new DL fireworks are the "be all-end all" of fireworks shows... come-on SW and INDY music in your Disney Firworks --- THAT'S AWESOME! But yeah, the random chaos of the 40 song clips in 20 minutes fireworks show didn't do much for me at Red White and Boom. Give me Wishes. Or even the Dancing Waters at Epcot at night.

Disney MDACK

I am pretty lucky because the fireworks in boston are pretty good. This year steven tyler and joe perry were there. Overall the fireworks are as good as disney's.

JimboJones123

Disney MDACK said:
I am pretty lucky because the fireworks in boston are pretty good. This year steven tyler and joe perry were there. Overall the fireworks are as good as disney's.

Yeah, my mom knows Dr. Phil's mom, who is the nicest lady. She was calling all her friends this weekend letting them know that her son was hosting the pops. It was a great show!

bhg469

MouseearsDeb said:

Rude much? The thread is about things that disney does better than everyone else, fireworks just seem to be the main topic of conversation. I agree that after seeing a disney fireworks show nothing can compare.

LeeSeeBabe

Last night was MY family's Disney fireworks! :p We had the big boom things and everything, attempting to light them off 4 at a time to get a sky-full of fireworks. HOWEVER, as much fun as it was to do and watch.....nothing compares.

Therefore....

Hi, I have been a Disney snob for 20 years.

(i am 20) :lol:

seabee1

I too must admit we thought the same thing at our local celebration. We got there 2 hours before it started just so we could get a seat, and then had to listen to "mom, is it time yet", "when is it gonna start". Then once it did start, my daughter says, "I'm bored, this isn't like Disney". All the less fortunate then us people around us just looked at her like she was a spoiled kid. Not spoiled, just educated in how to have a good display of fireworks.:D We didn't leave however because I was practicing taking pictures of them so that when we go to WDW in December my firework pictures will be awesome.:wave:

Gucci65

MouseearsDeb said:

How bout reading the thread title "you KNOW you're a Disney snob when...".
It says NOTHING about fireworks.:animwink:

What's your contribution besides picking on mine?

Gucci65

bhg469 said:
Rude much? The thread is about things that disney does better than everyone else, fireworks just seem to be the main topic of conversation. I agree that after seeing a disney fireworks show nothing can compare.

Thank you. I was posting my latest Disney annoyance.

Our fireworks last night were okay, no comparison to WDW.

CoffeeJedi

TAC, i take it that you've seen the show? i have no doubt that its bigger, louder, and longer than WDW's, but does it have the same level of artistry? What kind of music is it?

pintraderpayee

Whoa! This thread has gone negative and nitpicky in no time flat. I thought it was to be about times in our lives when we realize WDW does MANY things better than other places and we count ourselves lucky to know it. I for one deeply appreciate all the non-character CMs who try just as hard as the character ones to make my visit wonderful. I'm reminded of what a wonderful job the CMs do everytime I go to a McDonald's, Burger King, Six Flags, Sea World, etc. etc. etc. were they just don't know about "service with a smile.":)

pintraderpayee

pintraderpayee said:
Whoa! This thread has gone negative and nitpicky in no time flat. I thought it was to be about times in our lives when we realize WDW does MANY things better than other places and we count ourselves lucky to know it. I for one deeply appreciate all the non-character CMs who try just as hard as the character ones to make my visit wonderful. I'm reminded of what a wonderful job the CMs do everytime I go to a McDonald's, Burger King, Six Flags, Sea World, etc. etc. etc. were they just don't know about "service with a smile.":)
Sorry, my computer is experiencing senioritis and won't edit properly. I meant "every time" and "where."

I fall into the same category as everyone else in trying to hear the Wishes music in my head during the fireworks display last night. I have the Illuminations soundtrack and I didn't even think to listen to that while watching the fireworks! It just wasn't the same without lasers and a whole lotta fire!!

Goin' Back to the World! July 31-August 6

FanofDinsey1981

Every year we watch (on tv, the crowds are too crazy) the chicago 3rd of july fireworks from navy pier, and they are quite good. And the champaign/ univ of illinois fireworks are pretty good too (I can see these from my house!).

But during both of them I was singing "wishes" in my head. :) And while watching the chicago fireworks, my sister and I put on a 'disney' parade for my mom and dad. mind you, she is 23, and I am 25. :)

Ralphlaw

Yes, I am now a snob

I just returned from a few days in Chicago, which is a great city. The museums have unbelievable collections and exhibits. The restaurants are fantastic. And the people are pleasant and hard-working.

But I longed for Disney. One story is illustrative. At the unbelievably great Museum of Science and Industry, there is a robot exhibit, one of which will draw pictures with 4 different colors of magic markers. Rather disappointingly, the black marker was dry, leaving the finished picture very incomplete. We mentioned this to a nearby museum worker, who did nothing. She did not even call anyone in charge of the robots, and barely acknowledged the problem. A Disney Cast Member would take ownership of the problem, validate the guest's concern, and explain that somebody will be right over to remedy the situation. It was frustrating that the worker did not even acknowledge the problem or do anything, even calling a supervisor.

Yes, I am a snob. In Chicago, we were fighting traffic, dealing with delays, and feeling a bit left out to swing in the breeze. I would not have felt this prior to our repeated Disney trips over the last few years. There are so many areas for improvement. For example, shuttle buses to the major Chicago attractions from our hotel, and the neighboring hotels, in a cooperative consortium, is an obvious idea. Instead, we walked in the heat and humidity, or called cabs at a minimum of $10 a trip.

Again, Chicago is a great City, but certain parts of being a tourist are far tougher than being a guest at Disney. We are spoiled, and I fully realize that Chicago is a working city that is not just there for tourists. But certain aspects of the hotel and tourist industry could be greatly improved if looked at through a CM's eyes.

KnK

TAC said:
So everyone thinks that Disney has the best fireworks, eh?

http://www.thunderoverlouisville.org/show/show-fireworks.asp

Now in its 17th year, Thunder Over Louisville continues to deliver a pyrotechnics spectacular like no other. Created as the Opening Ceremonies of the Kentucky Derby Festival, it offers an explosive kick-off to two entire weeks of celebration in Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana. With an estimated average attendance of half a million people, it has become the largest annual event in its region.

The show continues to be the largest annual pyrotechnics display in North America thanks to the artistry of Zambelli Internationale and the production of Visual Presentations.

"

Have to say.....I am from Louisville and Thunder RULES!!!!! There is nothing like it.

Yes, my husband and I are die hard Disney fans, and I choke up at most of the fireworks shows at the world, but Louisville knows how to give a good firework display.

MouseearsDeb

Gucci65 said:
How bout reading the thread title "you KNOW you're a Disney snob when...".
It says NOTHING about fireworks.:animwink:

What's your contribution besides picking on mine?

My apologies.....

I re-read your post, and perhaps I misunderstood the point you were making.
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom