you KNOW you're a Disney snob when...

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1) You're watching your local town's fireworks display and you're listening to "Wishes" on your IPOD

2) While watching the local display and listening to "Wishes" you're thinking to yourself....Disney would've done this much MUCH better

...True story....
:lol:

~~ 82 Days!!

Ciciwoowoo

I watched the local fireworks tonight, and thought the same thing.

Once you've seen Disney fireworks, the rest just pale in comparison. They've spoiled us!

CoffeeJedi

yeah, gee... why is it that after watching an amazing coordinated fireworks display using the latest in state-of-the-art pyrotechnics (some specially developed just for the show by WDI) with an outstanding fully orchestated symphonic score... that watching a bunch of random fireworks blow up while listening to cheap speakers pump out "Rock You Like a Hurricane" just doesn't have the same effect? :rolleyes:

sora78

Thats so funny that I was thinking the same thing when watching the local fireworks, "You know this is isnt that great compared to Wishes and Illuminations". Too funny.

haveyoumetmark

:lol: I thought the exact same thing. Disney is so much better, the local fireworks looked so uncoordinated and disorganized compared to Disney. I don't have Wishes on my iPod, although I should. lol.

Corryn

This year we just stayed home and enjoyed the day with friends. We had no fireworks so me and my girlfriend piled the kids in the car and drove around the neighborhood. When we found a consistent display, we stopped, parked and watched and my daughter said, Mom, put your Illuminations CD in!
So I did......Oh, how wonderful!!!
Nothing, I mean, Nothing Compares!

Fallen Angel said:
1) You're watching your local town's fireworks display and you're listening to "Wishes" on your IPOD

2) While watching the local display and listening to "Wishes" you're thinking to yourself....Disney would've done this much MUCH better

...True story....
:lol:

~~ 82 Days!!

thats so funny I DID THAT HOLY CRAP I THOUGH I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS WORLD WHO DID THINGS LIKE THAT. I LOVE THESE BOARDS LOL THEY MAKE ME FEEL NORMAL:sohappy:

PintoColvig

My 5 year old said the same thing about the fireworks. She asked why our local display was shooting them up one at a time instead of all at once like Disney. :king:

Anthony95

Kids say the darnest things, don't they Pinto?

My 11 year old son Anthony said this too. Damn. That's a shame! Even kids noticed the difference!

We watched the fireworks from Six Flags Marine World here in my city (because the ones at the waterfront sucked one time and i swore i woulnd't go back and the ones in San Francisco are not worth the bad traffic and parking tickets).

I told Anthony Six Flags' firework finale was any Disney park's opening act! HA HA!

aszelinski

And when I go to the local amusment parks I think to myself, "Disney is so much better."
Fireworks... I don't even go to see local fireworks any more since Disney spoiled me. LOL :hammer: :lol:

dixiegirl

yes we are also guilty of that as well....Yes I am also guilty of being a DISNEY SNOB ,I know it sounds terribly but i really have no desire to go to local amusement parks ...sorry not a six flags fan, or what ever other parks we have located around RI..If i'm gonna wait in line, I'd rather it be at somewhere in Disney....Ok and since we're on this subject..of being a Disney Snob..I know I can't be the only one who is faced with "those people" who try to tell you something they think is "New" news that has to do with Disneyworld and yes you either have to painfully suck it up and just knod your head...or say the hell with it and say..."Yeah I kinda knew That already.".....Hello ...People we woud'nt be disney fans if we did'nt know all the latest news going on in and at "the world"...... Oh Yes a Disney Snob....Count me in.....Oh one quick little moronic thing....the other day as we were walking out from a local target store my 5 year old noticed all the gum on the ground and She said how nasty it looked , so I asked her " You know where they don't sell gum and have their ground look like this?" She looked at me with that know -it -all look..( yes she's a Disneysnob in training) and said" In Disney Mama"....... Oh yes love that!!!:sohappy:

meryll83

I like how you refer to it as being a Disney 'snob'.
Coz much as I'm thinking it...

I get really wound up when I'm at like Alton Towers or DLP or somewhere and there's someone else there grunting about how it's rubbish compared to WDW.

People who have never been to WDW think where they are is great and I don't like people telling them it sucks when they're enjoying their day just fine. They don't wanna hear it! Fine if your recommending it, but not if you're just dissing the current surroundings

(I do agree though, they don't know what they're missing!!!! lol!)

MouseMadness

LOL True story that will make you all sick:

We were waiting to watch Illuminations one night, and this middle aged couple beside me were debating on whether or not to stay. The husband wanted to, and the wife finally hit him with "We see fireworks in town every year at the 4th of July, let's go." :rolleyes: This was good enough for him, because they then left! :eek: :brick:

*shrug* More room for me and the kids I guess ;)

Gucci65

Having dinner at a Mexican restaurant Monday night and listening to the overly loud table behind us. When someone announces that a boy died after he walked off the "Aerosmith roller coaster". She was telling her party how the boy got off the ride and collapsed in the gift shop. She had read all this on the internet.......... Then she proceeded to start talking about how Disney needs to take more precautions when letting children get on "dangerous" rides.

I said nothing.

I was thinking if ignorance is bliss, then this is one extremely happy person.

silverboyd

i watched the macy's fireworks on t.v. last night.....and I too thought, "this sucks....Disney is way better." so i guess it's true. i am a Disney snob

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom