You know Your Trip is Fast Approaching When..

Computer Magic

1) Your 45 day final payment is due.
2) Your fellow employees get tired of you are saying, "That will have to wait until I return".
3) You can finally check the weather website and see the 10th day forcast as your first day onsite.
4) You bring out the suitcases, verify kennel dates, gather the necessary paperwork for the kennel stay and the dogs look at you with that :( face.
5) You post on WDWMAGIC about your trip fast approaching.

mauradee2003

Wow! All the PA folks!

We're from just north of Pittsburgh and are heading down for a very quick trip on Oct. 16th. My sister and I are deciding what to have to eat -- our famous line is "I'll split it with ya!" That way, we get to taste twice as much!

Yikes -- too much information, right?

Have a great trip everyone!

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

We're from just north of Pittsburgh and are heading down for a very quick trip on Oct. 16th. My sister and I are deciding what to have to eat -- our famous line is "I'll split it with ya!" That way, we get to taste twice as much!

Yikes -- too much information, right?

Hey there! :wave: My mom and I do the same thing, especially during Food and Wine festival! Something about splitting it makes me feel less guilty even if in the end it means I get to eat even more! :lol: The only thing I don't split at the Food and Wine fest is my wine :lookaroun get your own! :lol:

Speaking of food, here are my ADRs:
Liberty Tree Tavern (character dinner)
Cape May Cafe (clambake dinner)
Boma (dinner)
Coral Reef (late lunch)
Yak and Yeti (dinner)
Sci-Fi (dinner)
Crystal Palace (character lunch)

We're weren't able to get every ADR we wanted but most of them. I think I've seriously looked at the menus 50 times now. It's sort of a positive outlet for all of my anxious energy! :lol:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
Counting the days left to work. I have 2 days. I don't count today cuz I'm at work...DW last day of work is today...Although we don't leave until Tuesday.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

We're from just north of Pittsburgh and are heading down for a very quick trip on Oct. 16th.

Hey, fellow PA fan! We're from a little bit south of the 'Burgh, right on down I-79!

I hit the 99-day mark this past Sunday - seems like the countdown speeds up after that. Can't start putting stuff in the suitcase yet as DH is heading for Arizona at the end of the month, then hunting in Montana in November. But I'll be packing by Thanksgiving! I have started to pile things up in a laundry basket in the spare room, though.

Started my walking program last week - thanks goodness we're getting some cooler weather here finally!

Upvote 0

aj_steig

I have to agree that scheduling dog arrangements is heart breaking. Our usual house/Bailey sitter just went off to college, so we're trying to find a replacement. It's just so tough to leave the little guy behind, but I tend to forget by the time I'm eating my first Dole Whip :lol:

I agree. I was very fortunate to have my mom stay at our place while we were gone to watch our puppy. This was the first time that I have left him for more than a couple hours and I cried all the way to the airport (I know, I was going to Disney and should be happy, but just the look on his face when we left broke my heart:cry:) I called my mom everyday to check up on him, and made it all better by bringing him his own set of Mickey Mouse ears (they have them for pets!) and dog toys when I got home. My dad also brought him to the airport when he came to get us, and I went crazy! Never thought I would be so happy to be getting home, even if it is from Disney :)

Upvote 0

aj_steig

How many walk and lose wait so they can walk 20 miles and eat 10lbs of food per day . Then once back do not go near the treadmill until 3 months from their next trip :lookaroun

I am one of those!! I started walking everyday for about 2 months before the trip (which paid off big time!) because we did ALOT of walking. I was doing really well with my diet before we left, but that was blown the minute we got there :lookaroun This was our first time doing free dining, and we went crazy! The desserts certainly didn't help either (if you have ever had the smores dessert at Le Cellier, you will know what I am talking about!) I plan on getting back on the treadmill soon though, and hopefully not waiting until the trip gets closer...:)

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Oh yes, its important to be 'in shape' for all that walking in the parks too, so I used too start walking a couple months before a trip, but now I just do it year around and come trip time I am good to go...Just gotta make sure ya wear the 'right' shoes. Something well broken in. Have worn a pedometer in the past and its not unusual to do 7 to l0 miles in a day, Easy! Helps justify all those yummy treats...

Next Trip - January 2009

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
well I'm 48 hours from being at WDW. Checking airport to ensure nothing changes. The Chicago area is flooding and O'hare airport has been using snow plows to push the water off the runways.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

well I'm 48 hours from being at WDW. Checking airport to ensure nothing changes. The Chicago area is flooding and O'hare airport has been using snow plows to push the water off the runways.

I hear you - seemed like here in KC on Friday that we would all need to hop aboard an ark to get around after a couple of days of rain. Did you guys have any tornados up your way? We had a few touch down here and there - seemed so weird since generally spring is the season for those suckers here in the midwest.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
I hear you - seemed like here in KC on Friday that we would all need to hop aboard an ark to get around after a couple of days of rain. Did you guys have any tornados up your way? We had a few touch down here and there - seemed so weird since generally spring is the season for those suckers here in the midwest.
No tornados just constant rain.

Checking gate and terminal for flight.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

When I start filling up my iPod with Disney movies to watch at the airport and on the plane. (Today, it was a selection of Pixar shorts.)

But my favorites are:

2 days to go, when I stop at the ATM on the way home from work and take out a huge chunk of cash to be spent during the vacation

1 day to go, when I go to the grocery store and get the travel-sized toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving cream, etc. That's when I know it's really happening.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

When I find out that my parents are going today and I have 9 days to go...Oh yeah they keep rubbing it in..you know..The "Were gonna ride Test Track and you aren't nah nah nah nah."...Oh but my day will come yes..yes it will..My single digit dance has begun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom