SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I would personally destroy and obliterate the following:

Jungle Cruise
It's a Small World
Tomorrowland Speedway
Sounds Dangerous
"Epcot" sign over Spaceship Earth
Most of Animal Kingdom (except It's Tough to be a Bug, Dinosaur, and the Kilimanjaro Safaris)
Ariel's Grotto
Entire World Showcase

General Grizz

Why IASW? I mean, you probably hate it to death, but IASW is a family ride. You don't have to ride it.

It's made for mainly kids these days, they love it! My niece loves it more than anything at the parks, and 99% of kids (the majority of the visitors) love it. Plus, it's one of Walt's creations.

I know that this is an opinion based thread, but IASW didn't do anything to you, or replace anything. It wasn't made FOR you, but everyone has different tastes. As it sits, it's one the most beloved attractions.

So are you saying this because you hate it? Because I would take into consideration everyone else. I would destroy Test Track, only to make the area larger. TT wouldn't be dead, it would be added to, for I know it's a big gold mine in future world to coaster fans.

Sorry, I'm just trying to gain a better sense of the public...for various reasons... :D

I agree. I may not like IASW very much, but I wouldn't neccesarily knock it down so quickly. When I was younger, I enjoyed it. But now that I've discovered the other rides, I don't enjoy it as much. As a matter of fact, you may say I never want to ride it again. However, IASW usually has one of the biggest lines in WDW, and is therefore a most popular ride amongst others.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
IASW is incredibly dated, boring, pointless, and irritating. Keeping it around for nostalgic reasons would be ok if it were the slightest bit interesting, but it's not. I wouldn't expose my children to such a lame attraction (if I had any). Children have Mickey's Toontown Fair as a little place of their own. Most families I know of who take their children to WDW and have ridden IASW with them agree that their children found it dull and didn't want to ride it again.

General Grizz

To me, IASW is classic, original, and fresh. Disney wouldn't be the same without it and there's no reason why a family can't enjoy riding it! Kids love the attraction, why take it away because you think it's boring, when it wasn't even intended for you? Is it a cultural thing?? (Based on your World Showcase comment).

Many thanks!!
:)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
In my opinion...there's nothing original or fresh. What's fresh about sitting in a boat listening to the same irritating song over and over and staring at a bunch of (poor) animatronic children? The ride reeks of lack of imagination. Disney would be much better off without it and replacing it with a worthwhile and interesting attraction. It's intended for park visitors (regardless of age). My dislike for it has nothing to do with culture, it has to do with my taste for interesting attractions....of which IASW is definitely not, and for that matter neither is World Showcase.

General Grizz

Interesting post.

However, kids, animals, and world travel, and the classic theme song, is a hit to thousands over America. Everyone has tastes, but the lines indicate (and the smiles!) that magic works here. Not necessarily for you, and I don't frown upon you for that, I respeoct your opinions, and I'm happy to hear from you, even though I may not agree.

If it is demolished, expect one of the biggest protests in Disney history! This truly is a classic - and there's a whole lot more people who love it than hate it.

Why not skip over it, sir? Isn't the 20K lagoon or Skyway a bigger waste of space... ?? :animwink:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Thanks. I disagree with your thoughts on it, but readily acknowledge it's your right to feel how you want and you're welcome to it. Trust me, I do skip it whenever I'm in Fantasyland and head to other rides. I suppose, though, that in thinking about it, there is ONE good thing about it.......longer lines for it means lesser people to be in front of me on the other rides. But as it is, it's nice to dream about removing it from the World completely and putting something better in its place.

mickeyman

I went to wdw in february with my 3 year old niece and all she wanted to go on was IASW over and over. I know that the music is a little irratating but if you could see the smile on my nieces face during that ride you would never want to see that attraction go.

Originally posted by airmed484
Smash the Small World and get that music out of my head forever!!:p

HOW DARE U SAY THAT!:fork: :fork: :goodnevil :fork: :fork:

I would Destro ALL of teh AK, except Dinosaur, and also i would destroy all the "useless things like " Who wants to be a....PLAY-IT', and that ABC fun thing at MGM, and i would put GOOD-shows and/or exhibets (i can't spell well :p)

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by twistedmickey
I would also get rid of those tombstones at the entrance of Epcot. Yuck! It takes away from the entrance as well as from Spaceship Earth. :brick:

I agree! That whole mess needs to go!

As for IASW, while it's not my fav thing in the world, is a part of old Disney, and if anyone tries to take it away, I'll b**** all day about it.

It is a bit odd that as we're fighting to keep CoP alive every single minute, IASW has never even been under the threat of being demolished....Wonder why one gets to stay while the other "has" to go? Hmmmm....???

TheDisneyBoy

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneyreports
The Contemporary... There's nothing contemporary about it... It's beginning to turn into an eye sore...
A hotel where a monorail runs right through the lobby sounds pretty darn futuristic and contemporary to me!!!!:sohappy:

jmarc63

Originally posted by disneyreports

Well, the concept of the monorail going through a resort is amazing... The problem is that the Contemporary well, isn't very contemporary anymore... I know they have tried to modernize the building several times, but I feel that it has gotten to a point that no amount of surface changes can bring the building back to its, once futuristic, appearance...

Disneyreports I'm just wondering why you think the Contempoary is so dated looking to you, what would be your soloution for making it better, would you like to see them dress it up like they did to Tommrowland???

Personally except for pealing paint on the exterior there is nothing wrong with the original Contempoary building, What I think looks distracting is the convention hall the built in the old south parking lot. I wish they would have designed to fit in better with the original architecture and structure of the Contempoary

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom