You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!

Hello Humans! Welcome to the laugh floor! I am your monster of ceremony today in this wild ride of the wilderness. Stop jumpin' around, you'll run out of breath!Why don't you sit back and calm yourself?
You can hurry on now if you must.We'll do what we like, 'cause...That suits us.
Yes, I found it absolutely necessary to quote a ride from each land in the MK. You're welcome for getting Splash Mountain stuck in your head.

Should I continue? It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world. Really, don't mention it.

Welcome! Disney Fanatics, to my first trip report! I am your host,entertainer, story teller, fastpass runner, and if you don't laugh at my jokes, your swimming instructor.

Our report begins here, in this introduction. Here where you see pictures of some of our crazies, as they appeared in their crazy, insane state. Kindly step all the way in please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now.

Just a little faith, trust, pixie dust, and off we go.

You should always start at the beginning and when you get to the end, stop. That's logic. (Read in Alice's accent!)

Introductions are always a great place to start.
Why, hello there. I'm Emily. I'm going into my junior year of high school and I absolutely love Disney. I've been going since I was in my mom's uterus. Nothing makes me happier than driving through that magical arch that signals your arrival to the holy world. I am known by my friends as the "Disney Freak" and I'm proud of my title. I am most like Peter Pan. I never want to grow up and sometimes I just want to drop everything and fly to Never Land or Disney works fine, too. He's my favorite Disney character and I had the honor of meeting the fine lost boy this trip.
2725.jpg

2754.jpg

2681.jpg

2626-Copy.jpg

Amy is my little sister. She will be turning 14 and is going into her freshman year. She falls more and more in love with Disney every trip. Her favorite thing in Disney is the drawing class at DHS. Oh, and she dragged me on Everest this trip. She loved it. Me, not so much, but hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
2938.jpg

2970.jpg

2507-Copy.jpg

2352-Copy.jpg

2164-Copy.jpg

Some pics of Amy and I.
2971.jpg

2968.jpg

2625-Copy.jpg

2729.jpg

3048.jpg

The parental units:
2300-Copy.jpg

2629-Copy.jpg

My Mom- In Disney World, she is a nut who thinks an 11:00 PM closing is for amateurs. In the real world, she is an art teacher, who insists I be home by 9:30 the absolute latest.
2518-Copy.jpg

My Dad is my best friend. He works for a publishing company in India. He loves Disney, but this trip he moved the fastest when it was time to go home. I was quite the opposite. He loves his family, Jerry Garcia, and the Orioles. Hopefully, in that order.
2856.jpg

2864.jpg

This trip took place August 3-8 and we called the Swan home. We our the proud owners of FL Resident APs.

We went absolutely crazy this trip. Extra magic hours were our best friends. We are also rope drop people and I am like a drill sergeant in the morning in order to make that happen.

Now as they say "Look alive" and we'll continue our little TR later.

soarin

I love your report so far. We would get along great in the parks, I go crazy about being at parks for rope drop and if I could convince my family, we would be at the parks every night until they close as well, but with 3 young kids in tow, we don't usually get to do both. Can't wait to read the rest of your report.

Disney<333

Original Poster
I love your report so far. We would get along great in the parks, I go crazy about being at parks for rope drop and if I could convince my family, we would be at the parks every night until they close as well, but with 3 young kids in tow, we don't usually get to do both. Can't wait to read the rest of your report.
Thank you! Ah yes, finally somebody that is on the same page as me! :)
I'm sure your family will become Crazies, too as your kids get older.

Disney<333

Original Poster
August 3, 2012
Today was my very favorite kind of day. Can anybody guess what day it was? Did you say “A Disney Day!”? Congrats you’re correct. You win one stench. Just kidding! I wouldn’t do that to ya.
I woke up an hour and a half before my alarm and had a donut for breakfast. Yes, sir, the vacation diet had already begun.
I wasted no time getting ready! I have a tradition in which I always take an excited picture in my room before we leave for a Disney trip. Here’s the one for this trip:
063-Copy.jpg

I would be lying if I said this was my first trip. Or second. Or fifth. This was my 10th Disney Vacation after moving from Orlando 10 years ago. I’m a regular to the Mouse House.
064-Copy.jpg

Amy came in my room and asked to borrow another Vera Bradley tech case for her iPod. She’s come a long way, that girl, from asking why I buy Vera when there are Ziploc and Walmart bags.
My Dad said we would leave at 9 and for some crazy reason, I actually thought that might happen this time. Hahaha! My mom was up before me and I thought that was a good sign. Amy and my dad were up a little bit later. And I thought we’re going to make it out on time. We’re going to make the News. This is huge.
Well, 9:00 AM came and went.

As did 9:30

Then 10:00

10:15 It starts raining.

10:30: “I’m going to go put gas in the car and then I’ll come back and load up!”

10:55: “I need to stop before we get on highway and mail this! It’s very important.

11:00 we’re on the road! I take out my camera to take a picture and it’s not turning on. Turns out, I don’t have the battery! I make my dad turn around (We just pulled out of the development) and I run into the house to see where it could be. I look in the only two possible places it could be and it’s not there. I started freaking out! I am very big on my pictures. Turns out, I had left it in the charger and the charger was in my suitcase! Phew! Crisis averted.

Amy made herself comfortable with her jacket. And mine.
066-Copy.jpg

At one point, our view looked like this.
065-Copy.jpg

My Dad could not see one inch in front of him. It was scary. Luckily, it only lasted a few minutes.

I brought along my AP Lang summer reading book, The Scarlett Letter with the thought that I would read it in the car. Yea, right. Like that happened.

The last 45 minutes of the trip or so, you are so close it’s just obnoxious. We were all super excited and sung ’99 bottles of beer on the wall’ all the way from 99 to 1. We did get a little wild and took 2 bottles or even dared to take three off the wall at once. Yea, I know. We’re crazy.

While, we didn’t leave on time, we did make history. We made the three hour car ride without stopping! How about a round of applause for that one?! Thank you! Thank you! You are all just too kind.

Maybe it helped that all of the rest stops we passed by were under construction and my family thinks they’re too good to take care of their business in a port-o-potty.
Magical arch:
200.png

We found our way to the Swan without any issues. My parents went to go check in and waited in the super long line without realizing they had a separate line for SPG Gold Members, which is what we are.
069-Copy.jpg

I could not wait any longer and had to reunite myself with Disney merchandise.
077-Copy.jpg

Ahh!
070-Copy.jpg

Thumbs up for Disney Shopping, Ya’ll.
076-Copy.jpg

A regular room was ready for us, but we had the option of being upgraded to an alcove but it wasn’t ready yet. We decided to wait for the bigger room because we’re big on our personal space. Amy and I went to go explore the resort.
072-Copy.jpg

078-Copy.jpg

15 minutes in Disney can give you such a crick in the neck.
079-Copy.jpg

Maybe rock climbing can fix things.
080-Copy.jpg

My parents called to reunite with us for some food. We ran over our options. We all thought pizza sounded good and there’s a place in the resort to buy an 18 inch pizza. An 18 inch pizza sounds good to me, but not to the vultures, er I mean my family. Oh, no. They need unlimited pizza. They need pizza out to wah zoo.
My parents remembered there being a Cici’s really close by and we called to get the directions. My dad called one that was 15 minutes away and the CM (Sorry, but everyone is a CM in my book.) gave him directions to a closer one. We start driving and we can’t find it. I plug the address into my iPhone and nothing is coming up. Turns out the Cici’s does not exist. Ugh!! We were annoyed that we left the promised land for no reason and just decided to go to the Mickey D’s in the Crossroad real quick. While there, we got the phone call that our room was ready. We went to the room, unpacked and rested for a little while. We had plans to party until 2 AM, so we were in no rush to head out.

Some pics of our room!
081-Copy.jpg

082-Copy.jpg

083-Copy.jpg

084-Copy.jpg

We had a roll away brought up to our room, which is where I slept! It was super comfy!
The view was amazing! I have pics to share... in the next update! How's that for a cliffhanger? Oh, and another: will it stop raining so we can go and party until 2 AM?
Sorry, but I need something to keep ya'll coming back. :rolleyes:

Pooh'sBuddy

Well, 9:00 AM came and went.

As did 9:30

Then 10:00

10:15 It starts raining.

10:30: “I’m going to go put gas in the car and then I’ll come back and load up!”

10:55: “I need to stop before we get on highway and mail this! It’s very important.

11:00 we’re on the road! I take out my camera to take a picture and it’s not turning on. Turns out, I don’t have the battery! I make my dad turn around (We just pulled out of the development) and I run into the house to see where it could be. I look in the only two possible places it could be and it’s not there. I started freaking out! I am very big on my pictures. Turns out, I had left it in the charger and the charger was in my suitcase! Phew! Crisis averted.

OMG! I would have been freaking out.

I brought along my AP Lang summer reading book, The Scarlett Letter with the thought that I would read it in the car. Yea, right. Like that happened.

Well, yeah, that happens.:oops:

PolynesianPrincess

Love the TR so far!!

I know there is a Cici's right up Vineland, up past Bahama Breeze, right across from Vistana Resort. We walked over from our resort a cpuple years back. No one liked it very much though :(

Can't wait to read more!

tiaragirl

So, I'm sitting here dying laughing because you remind me so much of myself that it's not even fair. I can tell I'm going to love this TR!

Also, how old are you, because I'm from Canada and I never understood how you guys categorize high school..

COME BACK AND YOU BETTER HAVE PARTIED UNTIL 2AM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom