Trip Report You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are less than a week away (and we've just finished our last trip report oops!). It's time for Our pre-trip report for our next holiday. This next ones a big one so hopefully it should be even more fun!

Who?
We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together (so that we prolong the fun) and will refer to each other as N or A.

We are also going to be joined this trip by 13 of our nearest and dearest. We range in age from 63 to 2 years old, first timer's to seasoned disney veterans. I imagine they will all make their appearance in the trip report one way or another. Trying to plan a trip for this many people has been one headache I don't want to repeat for some time.

Where?
This visit we are lucky enough to be staying on property for 2 weeks! We are initially spending 4 nights just the two of us at POFQ and then we are joining my family at OKW resort for the rest of the trip. Everyone else is staying at a mix of coronado springs, wilderness lodge, all star sports and the hilton at disney springs.

When?
September 7th-September 21st. There will be 15 of us for the first week and then 7 of us for the second week.

Why?
This is the big one. We are getting Married!!! We initially were supposed to be married this May but unfortunately due to a vendor bankruptcy we had to scrap our plans a week before xmas. After that there was much panic and scrambling to get together a plan B. We had already booked our holiday for this September so decided why not get married at the happiest place on earth?? It was a big change going from a wedding of 120+ people down to just 15 people but we are lucky that everyone has been very supportive with our wishes.

What are our plans?
We have been steadily planning through the year with Disney Fairy Tail Wedding's for the big day on September the 9th. We will have a couple of days to get our body clocks aligned before the big day. The details of the day we'll keep quiet for now as I don't want any family members accidentally catching on as we have a few surprises in store for them all 😜. The rest of our time we are planning to show the first timers the joy of disney, hopefully catch some time at galaxys edge, make the most of all the extra magic hours. We have park shoots planned at both MK and epcot in our wedding attire. My parents are DVC members and we were lucky to get tickets for the moonlight magic in the second week of the stay. We are annual pass holders to both disney and universal right now so we will also be heading to the dark side with the hopes of catching a ride on Hagrid's motorbike adventure. We are big lovers of halloween and cant wait to experience this years HHN. As it is the first part of our honeymoon adventure we have treated ourselves to the rush of fear pass with express. This means hopefully we should get to experience all the houses several times!

We cant wait to share the upcoming adventure with you all!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3- September 9th 2019

Continued...
PH658960919 - 0144.jpg

PH658960919 - 0145.jpg

PH658960919 - 0148.jpg

PH658960919 - 0151.jpg

I walked down the aisle to La vie en rose. It is a song that means a lot to adam and myself.
PH658960919 - 0155.jpg

Adam isn't sure why he made this face, commitment is a scary thing!

PH658960919 - 0156.jpg

I on the other hand, was having the best time ever!

PH658960919 - 0159.jpg

the 'hand off' was succesful

I think we can both say the ceremony went by in a dream. Rev Kev made everyone feel so relaxed and I didn't even notice Stephanie sneaking photos left right and centre!
PH658960919 - 0182.jpg

There were definitely happy laughter moments, a couple of lump in your throat heart is about to burst moments and overall just a feeling of pure joy!
PH658960919 - 0186.jpg

PH658960919 - 0198.jpg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3- September 9th 2019

Continued...
PH658960919 - 0200.jpg

We both had written our own vows. Adam had been organised and his was written on lovely paper. I had forgotten mine! so using my phone it was 😂

PH658960919 - 0205.jpg

PH658960919 - 0211.jpg

PH658960919 - 0217.jpg
PH658960919 - 0223.jpg

Time for the rings

PH658960919 - 0226.jpg

PH658960919 - 0237.jpg

PH658960919 - 0239.jpg

I think at this point we were both just relieved that we managed to get each others ring on each finger. hand swelling is no joke in florida heat.

You may now kiss the Bride!
PH658960919 - 0245.jpg

PH658960919 - 0246.jpg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3 - September 9th 2019

Continued...

Now that the 'formal' part was out of the way it was time to start enjoying ourselves as Husband and Wife! (5 months in and im still not used to saying that 😂 )

PH658960919 - 0263.jpg

Our wedding cake was a success. Even more miraculous is it managed to last in the 36 degree heat! the top layer was churro cake with churro filling and the bottom layer was marble cake with cookies and cream filling.

PH658960919 - 0270.jpg

We moved onto the speeches. Adam's was so full of puns... he thought it was hilarious, I was realising what married life was about to look like haha!
PH658960919 - 0278.jpg

PH658960919 - 0287.jpg

After that there was the father of the Brides speech. My dad kept it short and simple.
PH658960919 - 0297.jpg

my nieces gave us some wedding momentos

PH658960919 - 0305.jpg

Next Best Man Mark made sure to get in a few jokes at Adam's expense.
PH658960919 - 0309.jpg

Cake cutting
PH658960919 - 0315.jpg

PH658960919 - 0324.jpg

We DID NOT enjoy feeding each other cake!

We all got a bit of chill time to enjoy the champagne and eat some cake before more photos. We were all really starting to feel the heat at this point so really cool drinks were a life saver.

351ceb36-b657-4f21-9887-708dcffeabe8.jpg

Katie appreciating the ice towels

To be continued....

fizzieee

You are just stunning!!! That dress is 🔥, the venue was beautiful, and the locations for all of your photos were incredible! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Rista1313

Wow.. just wow.. your dress is gorgeous, I really like the back of the dress details with the corset type stringing, and everyone looks so amazing, your wedding photos are amazing... and just WOW! AWESOME!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
You are just stunning!!! That dress is 🔥, the venue was beautiful, and the locations for all of your photos were incredible! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!
Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this with us. :)
My wife and I were married 9-9-79 and came to Disney World for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Contemporary this year for our 40 year anniversary.
That's amazing! We're anniversary twins! hehe!

Gorgeous wedding! You are stunning in that dress!
Breathtaking!
All of it.
Lovely wedding! I hope you have many happy years together!
Very very beautiful, thanks for sharing!
Wow.. just wow.. your dress is gorgeous, I really like the back of the dress details with the corset type stringing, and everyone looks so amazing, your wedding photos are amazing... and just WOW! AWESOME!

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! It will definitely by a day we will never forget! So glad you've enjoyed reading it so far! There's more to come! 🤩

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Continued...

Next up was the family photo shoot! Stephanie made sure we all had a fun time posing in various silly positions, standard positions and even making us do a dance party for photos!

PH658960919 - 0329.jpg

PH658960919 - 0339.jpg

Our photos with out personalized sunglasses! Looking like a blues brothers band!

PH658960919 - 0355.jpg

She literally shouted '10 second dance party! GO!' whilst she took a bunch of pictures 😂
Sidenote: It's awkward to dance to nothing... even if it is only 10 seconds haha!

PH658960919 - 0375.jpg

She took this nice photo of our rings as well. We actually made these ourselves at a goldsmiths back home. We started off with just two pieces of flat gold then we spent all day bending them and making the textures that you can see on them now :)

Now it was time to leave the venue! But before we did, we announced to our wedding party what their 'secret surprise' was listed on the itinerary. As a thank you to all of them for coming so far to our wedding we had paid for a dessert party at vikings landing everything was all paid for and people just had to turn up for it. I loved the total different reactions from our families. Tashas family being seasoned veterans in Disney cheered so loud and even her nieces began crying cause they were so happy. My family on the other hand who didn't have a clue what this all meant just looked around in bewilderment. Although they were plenty excited once we explained to them what it was hehe!

Next... Bubble exit!

PH658960919 - 0382.jpg

NOW KISS!!
PH658960919 - 0385.jpg

To be fair Ruby's aim with the bubble gun was spot on. Amelia's... left more to be desired... 😂

It was at this point that Lindsay came and collected our wedding party and took them all back to the lobby for them to get their Limo to Disney springs where we were going to have our reception meal. Stephanie kept us back and then it was time for our after wedding photoshoot!

She got some A-M-A-ZING shots!
PH658960919 - 0395.jpg

PH658960919 - 0398.jpg

You may have noticed that the clear bubble around the balloon had dissapeared... Not sure what happened but they slightly brushed the top of the pavilion and popped! We still thought they looked good so kept them for the photoshoot.

PH658960919 - 0407.jpg

Next she got some photos of our 'wedding flare' Tashas shoes with the roses on the bottom.

PH658960919 - 0408.jpg

Then the grape soda pin with flower.

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Continued...

After this it was time for our jaunt down the boardwalk! We absolutely love the theme of the boardwalk. It has always had a special place in our heart as this was the first resort we ever stayed at together.

PH658960919 - 0413.jpg

PH658960919 - 0424.jpg

PH658960919 - 0429.jpg

Next a stop by the photobooth!

By this time Tasha had already swapped her shoes for sketchers so she could handle the walking and the sun was definitely beating down on us, so Stephanie took us inside Ample Hills creamery. The air con was a life saver!

Stephanie told us to pick a flavour and get ready for more posing! She was just taking her purse out to pay (Which was really nice of her) but the lovely lady behind the counter said 'Enjoy! It's on the house!' Which made us super happy!! I got a rice krispie marshmallow and vanilla one and Tasha got a coffee fudge something or other?? (Very brave considering she was wearing all white!)

PH658960919 - 0439.jpg

Then it was feeding each other time again!! I feel like this is definitely an American thing we don't often see things like that at weddings back home. Hence why we are not photogenic doing it!

PH658960919 - 0446.jpg

Tasha is very serious when it comes to matters of ice cream!

It was now time to head through to the Abracadabar (I think that's how it's spelt)

PH658960919 - 0450.jpg

PH658960919 - 0454.jpg

Then one with a dynamic angle!

PH658960919 - 0456.jpg

Then we went through to the main entrance where Stephanie got this cool shot!
PH658960919 - 0463.jpg

She actually placed us in front of the door, stood behind the host stand, turned around then lent all the way back over it and took a picture of the mirror over the top of us! (Who knew yoga photography was a thing 😂 )

We then headed outside to the green to get photos infront of the boardwalk lobby!
PH658960919 - 0472.jpg

...and swish!!

We actually saw daisy here, she was stood where they do those sitting cycle rentals things and she got super excited when she saw us and started waving and pointing at the ring on her finger/wing I was tempted to go over and get a selfie with her but i know Disney charge for having characters turn up at your wedding so didn't want to do it and them be super annoyed with us that we got it for free!

Quick break, we've run out of photo space!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Continued...

Time to head back inside the lobby but first, another photo!

PH658960919 - 0479.jpg

These ones were just taken on the other side of the lifts Lindsay acted as crowd control as people kept coming to the lift and were shouting congratulations at us! We honestly felt like celebrities! 😂

PH658960919 - 0486.jpg

Then we walked down and had another shoot next to some windows which had some lovely lighting.
PH658960919 - 0495.jpg

and that was the end of our photoshoot! Stephanie said she was gonna see us in a couple of days as we had booked to do our photoshoot in Magic Kingdom and Epcot. She said she will see us at quarter past 5 in the morning of the day! :eek: (It was worth it though, we'll show you the pictures on the day)

71763125_2356089501387041_6460833958077661184_n.jpg

Our awesome wedding team! Lindsay on the right and Stephanie on the left. Honestly could not have asked for nicer people!!

Now onwards to Disney springs!

Genuinely was super happy to be in the same limo that the superbowl MVP gets to ride in!
20190909_143426.jpg

Unfortunately I could not sit next to Tasha her dress too up far too much space lol!

Our driver dropped us off at the bus station near planet Hollywood and we had a slow walk down to the boathouse. Everyone that walked past us wished us congratulations, it was such a wonderful feeling having total strangers just wishing you well all the time! We just wouldn't get a reaction like this back home!

We walked into the boathouse and got a round of applause from the staff and some of the guests and we came to sit with our family who all cheered as well. We felt terrible because another couple were sat at another table not far from ours who were eating after their vow renewal! She wasn't in a huge wedding dress but we didn't want to take any shine off their day. Although luckily then were just finishing their meal and they wished us congrats as they left as well.
72358341_1285078251674139_139648800045137920_n.jpg

It's the wedding party!!

72892122_528171374649470_7448977320091582464_n.jpg

I just wish my mum would keep her eyes open a little longer for photos! 😂

It was time for everyone to head back to their hotels to relax and refresh prior to the 'evening reception'

My family got the bus back to their hotel and tashas family began their move over to their new hotel at Old Key West. Whilst me, tasha and her bridesmaids headed back to our hotel by boat!
20190909_164243.jpg

20190909_170230.jpg

#BoatBride!

Once we got back to the hotel i grabbed the car and went to take the Katie and Louise back to their hotel at all star sports. Whilst i did this tasha was literally sat back in the hotel with her dress lifted up right in front of the air conditioning trying to cool down! 😂

When i got back to the hotel though, i made the huge, grave mistake of taking off my waistcoat to cool down...

I do not handle the heat well...

20190909_173011.jpg

10 points if you can spot the hidden Mickey sweat patch!! :eek:😅

Good job i brought two shirts!!

To be continued...

Katiekitten

Continued...

Next up was the family photo shoot! Stephanie made sure we all had a fun time posing in various silly positions, standard positions and even making us do a dance party for photos!

View attachment 447149

View attachment 447151
Our photos with out personalized sunglasses! Looking like a blues brothers band!

View attachment 447152
She literally shouted '10 second dance party! GO!' whilst she took a bunch of pictures 😂
Sidenote: It's awkward to dance to nothing... even if it is only 10 seconds haha!

View attachment 447153
She took this nice photo of our rings as well. We actually made these ourselves at a goldsmiths back home. We started off with just two pieces of flat gold then we spent all day bending them and making the textures that you can see on them now :)

Now it was time to leave the venue! But before we did, we announced to our wedding party what their 'secret surprise' was listed on the itinerary. As a thank you to all of them for coming so far to our wedding we had paid for a dessert party at vikings landing everything was all paid for and people just had to turn up for it. I loved the total different reactions from our families. Tashas family being seasoned veterans in Disney cheered so loud and even her nieces began crying cause they were so happy. My family on the other hand who didn't have a clue what this all meant just looked around in bewilderment. Although they were plenty excited once we explained to them what it was hehe!

Next... Bubble exit!

View attachment 447154

NOW KISS!!
View attachment 447155
To be fair Ruby's aim with the bubble gun was spot on. Amelia's... left more to be desired... 😂

It was at this point that Lindsay came and collected our wedding party and took them all back to the lobby for them to get their Limo to Disney springs where we were going to have our reception meal. Stephanie kept us back and then it was time for our after wedding photoshoot!

View attachment 447156

View attachment 447157
You may have noticed that the clear bubble around the balloon had dissapeared... Not sure what happened but they slightly brushed the top of the pavilion and popped! We still thought they looked good so kept them for the photoshoot.

View attachment 447158
Next she got some photos of our 'wedding flare' Tashas shoes with the roses on the bottom.

View attachment 447159

To be continued...
I think I spy Irregular Choice wedding shoes?!

Oh bother!

Continued...

View attachment 447149

View attachment 447151

View attachment 447152

View attachment 447153

Next... Bubble exit!

View attachment 447154

NOW KISS!!
View attachment 447155

View attachment 447156

View attachment 447157

View attachment 447158

View attachment 447159

To be continued...
Nice irregular choice shoes 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom