Trip Report You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are less than a week away (and we've just finished our last trip report oops!). It's time for Our pre-trip report for our next holiday. This next ones a big one so hopefully it should be even more fun!

Who?
We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together (so that we prolong the fun) and will refer to each other as N or A.

We are also going to be joined this trip by 13 of our nearest and dearest. We range in age from 63 to 2 years old, first timer's to seasoned disney veterans. I imagine they will all make their appearance in the trip report one way or another. Trying to plan a trip for this many people has been one headache I don't want to repeat for some time.

Where?
This visit we are lucky enough to be staying on property for 2 weeks! We are initially spending 4 nights just the two of us at POFQ and then we are joining my family at OKW resort for the rest of the trip. Everyone else is staying at a mix of coronado springs, wilderness lodge, all star sports and the hilton at disney springs.

When?
September 7th-September 21st. There will be 15 of us for the first week and then 7 of us for the second week.

Why?
This is the big one. We are getting Married!!! We initially were supposed to be married this May but unfortunately due to a vendor bankruptcy we had to scrap our plans a week before xmas. After that there was much panic and scrambling to get together a plan B. We had already booked our holiday for this September so decided why not get married at the happiest place on earth?? It was a big change going from a wedding of 120+ people down to just 15 people but we are lucky that everyone has been very supportive with our wishes.

What are our plans?
We have been steadily planning through the year with Disney Fairy Tail Wedding's for the big day on September the 9th. We will have a couple of days to get our body clocks aligned before the big day. The details of the day we'll keep quiet for now as I don't want any family members accidentally catching on as we have a few surprises in store for them all 😜. The rest of our time we are planning to show the first timers the joy of disney, hopefully catch some time at galaxys edge, make the most of all the extra magic hours. We have park shoots planned at both MK and epcot in our wedding attire. My parents are DVC members and we were lucky to get tickets for the moonlight magic in the second week of the stay. We are annual pass holders to both disney and universal right now so we will also be heading to the dark side with the hopes of catching a ride on Hagrid's motorbike adventure. We are big lovers of halloween and cant wait to experience this years HHN. As it is the first part of our honeymoon adventure we have treated ourselves to the rush of fear pass with express. This means hopefully we should get to experience all the houses several times!

We cant wait to share the upcoming adventure with you all!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3 - Monday September 09th - THE WEDDING DAY!!

Adam's Morning

I think i was awoken round about... 07:00am if I remember correctly. My mum was trying to 'quietly' boil the kettle for her cup of tea. As I woke I immediately felt the nerves of 'Oh my god, today is the day, i hope we've remembered everything, booked everything etc, etc'

Schoey left his hotel and was going to be with us around 08:00am he was struggling to find transport to Coronado. But he made it in plenty of time and got ready with us all.

One thing I can definitely by thankful for though, was that i wasn't a bride! Because i spent about 15 minutes stood deciding which belt to wear!

Apologies in advance by the way, i don't have many photos of us getting ready... It was just alot of blokes walking around in our boxes... Very NSFW.

We (Me, Schoey, My mum & Dad) decided to head to the main area of Coronado to grab some breakfast, I was starting to worry about time, even though the Limo wasn't picking us up till 10:45am but yeah... i love to panic...

I just had a southern omelette? I think it was called. It was just what i needed to get me through the morning i think. It was filling enough but without being too much so.

After that we headed back to the hotel room to get ready. Problem was where the reception area was compared to the room it was right at the back! We were in Ranchos and it was WARM today. I think we average temperature was about 32 Deg C (89 Deg Fahrenheit) although it did get up to 35 Deg C about midday (95 Deg Fahrenheit) so quite a bit hotter than what we were used too back home!

I got a cold shower and then started to get suited up!

Me and Tasha also got matching badges to wear on the day. If you haven't already guessed by the title we're both pretty big fans of up, so i'm sure you can imagine what we were wearing...
1579724390786.png

We just found these on etsy. They were a really nice touch!

Also, I usually like to wear cufflinks, but today was going to be far too hot to have my sleeves down! So i decided to buy a couple of tie pins, roll up my sleeves and pin them in. Everyone said what a good idea it was. Did i just start a new fashion trend?!
20190909_102656.jpg

Oh yeah... It was Monday night football and the Saints were due to play, sooooo you gotta represent some way right??

We all were getting ready, but my parents and brother were taking a little to long, so me and Schoey decided to take a slow walk to the reception (So I wouldn't get a power walk sweat going on in my suit)

Ready to go!!
1579725694922.png

'I... don't know... what to do... with my hands'

Got there to see the limo waiting outside.
1579725269241.png

Fun fact: Our limo driver told us that this is the same Limo that the Superbowl MVP gets to ride in when they come to DisneyWorld? I don;t know how true that statement is. But i was super happy that i was in the same limo! haha!

received_754737314999030.jpeg

Apologies for the blurry quality. We were all super happy to have the aircon blasting out haha!

We arrived at the boardwalk and was met by our AMAZING wedding planner Lindsay. She was super chilled and relaxed which was exactly what i needed. She took us to a little side room to relax in whilst she sorted out some other bits. This gave us a chance to relax and finally get some photos!

1579725785348.png

'The boys' all suited and booted... or sandel'd

20190909_110511(0).jpg

My mum and dad. Who were very color coordinated!

So for now... All we had to do was relax and wait for Lindsay to come get us!
20190909_110734.jpg

The 'Groom Gang' waiting for the bride!

To be continued...

Attachments

• 1579724393603.png
    1579724393603.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 1579725691391.png
    1579725691391.png
    512.7 KB · Views: 51

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3- September 09th 2019

Tash's Morning

So Adams morning sounds like it was full of nerves and rushing. Mine was entirely the opposite!

I woke up around 7am feeling fresh faced and ready to go. I had some breakfast in the hotel room whilst awaiting my hair and makeup stylist Cindy to arrive.
83504519_2569158533361204_3367616473051693056_n.jpg

oreo's cereal and a tiara are essential for any bride to be!

Side note: you see how in that photo my dress is hung in the bathroom? Well keeping it out of view for the first 24hrs we were in disney was no joke! I had to let the dress settle and hang but it meant I had to alternate hiding it behind the curtain near the sink and then transferring it to the bathroom when Adam needed to use the sink. when he needed the bathroom and the sink a blindfold and good luck was needed not to spoil the surprise! I'm not superstitious but I had been keeping that dress a secret for months! I wasn't going to ruin the surprise at the last moment.

aadb7b35-a8a4-42af-be0c-322096ae5599.jpg

rather than the traditional matching dressing gowns we went for matching mickey pj's which were much more fun and comfortable.

Cindy arrived at around 8am and the hard work began... it takes a lot of work to get princess ready!
5132563a-2076-4cef-81d1-ffcdf142950b.jpg

the not so pretty side of hair and makeup 😂

this part of the day was actually the most peaceful and relaxing part. I honestly thought I would be more nervous and stressed whether every tiny detail was going to plam; the weather, getting there on time, not sweating to death in the heat and wrecking my makeup..... but it was actually really chilled. Cindy was lovely and kept the conversation going whilst i sipped prosecco and my bridesmaids sorted everything for me.

the hair and makeup after...
IMG_4887.JPEG

Now I told you guys that cindy was a miracle worker!!!!!

1580657238241.png

The lovely Cindy. you can see in the background our playlist for the day was radio disney.

It was not long after Cindy was finished that my mum, dad, Steph, Ruby and Amelia arrived from wilderness lodge. They'd actually had a busy day themselves getting hair and makeup done followed by packing their things for a resort move to old key west later in the day

IMG_3801.JPEG

ready to get going!

7b91fb5f-6ba5-49ad-9a28-cd46f2fd3c6c.jpg

outside the room on the balcony with amelia and ruby. I tell you I could feel the heat imediately!!! It may not look like it but there isnt a filter on this photo. The lighting was just perfect!

83182474_564073041117554_1331270008688345088_n.jpg

first full dress view

54acb7f8-efad-45d5-88a8-26596469e795.jpg

all of us ready to go to the lobby for the limo

80561be8-cbff-4573-900d-fb1e7fcae0fa.jpg

walking towards the lobby was my first 'princess' moment of the day. everyone I passed told me how lovely i looked and so many congratulations were given. it was such a special feeling I will never forget.

Once we reached the lobby we had a few minutes to spare. the gentleman that dresses up as the mardi gras king? I'm not sure? well whoever he is he was so sweet in the lobby of the hotel and he gave me a coin to make a wish in the fountain.
b9732988-2517-4615-92fe-63a06bd9785e.jpg

To Be Continued...

Katiekitten

Tash's Morning

So Adams morning sounds like it was full of nerves and rushing. Mine was entirely the opposite!

I woke up around 7am feeling fresh faced and ready to go. I had some breakfast in the hotel room whilst awaiting my hair and makeup stylist Cindy to arrive.

Side note: you see how in that photo my dress is hung in the bathroom? Well keeping it out of view for the first 24hrs we were in disney was no joke! I had to let the dress settle and hang but it meant I had to alternate hiding it behind the curtain near the sink and then transferring it to the bathroom when Adam needed to use the sink. when he needed the bathroom and the sink a blindfold and good luck was needed not to spoil the surprise! I'm not superstitious but I had been keeping that dress a secret for months! I wasn't going to ruin the surprise at the last moment.

View attachment 446135
rather than the traditional matching dressing gowns we went for matching mickey pj's which were much more fun and comfortable.

Cindy arrived at around 8am and the hard work began... it takes a lot of work to get princess ready!
View attachment 446136

this part of the day was actually the most peaceful and relaxing part. I honestly thought I would be more nervous and stressed whether every tiny detail was going to plam; the weather, getting there on time, not sweating to death in the heat and wrecking my makeup..... but it was actually really chilled. Cindy was lovely and kept the conversation going whilst i sipped prosecco and my bridesmaids sorted everything for me.

View attachment 446138

View attachment 446141
The lovely Cindy. you can see in the background our playlist for the day was radio disney.

It was not long after Cindy was finished that my mum, dad, Steph, Ruby and Amelia arrived from wilderness lodge. They'd actually had a busy day themselves getting hair and makeup done followed by packing their things for a resort move to old key west later in the day

View attachment 446142
ready to get going!

View attachment 446144
outside the room on the balcony with amelia and ruby. I tell you I could feel the heat imediately!!! It may not look like it but there isnt a filter on this photo. The lighting was just perfect!

first full dress view

View attachment 446145

View attachment 446146
walking towards the lobby was my first 'princess' moment of the day. everyone I passed told me how lovely i looked and so many congratulations were given. it was such a special feeling I will never forget.

Once we reached the lobby we had a few minutes to spare. the gentleman that dresses up as the mardi gras king? I'm not sure? well whoever he is he was so sweet in the lobby of the hotel and he gave me a coin to make a wish in the fountain.
View attachment 446147

To Be Continued...
You looked absolutely gorgeous!

krisri18

Tash's Morning

View attachment 446135

View attachment 446136

View attachment 446138

View attachment 446141

View attachment 446142
ready to get going!

View attachment 446144

first full dress view

View attachment 446145

View attachment 446146

View attachment 446147

To Be Continued...
Absolutely gorgeous!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3- September 9th 2019

Tash's morning continued...

The limo had arrived and it was time to stuff myself inside. A poofy dress always seems like a good idea until you have to do anything normal in it haha!

IMG_3805.JPEG

IMG_3806.JPEG

the ice cold water in the limo was already really appreciated. We had the same friendly driver as Adam and he helped to make the journey feel like it went by in a flash.

We arrived at boardwalk in the blink of an eye. Our lovely planner Lindsay was ready and waiting with my gorgeous bouquet. She took us through to the same waiting room that I didn't realise Adam had left just moments before. We had around 20 minutes of peaceful gathering. it was so nice to feel like everything was ready and now it was just time to enjoy the day.

IMG_3808.JPEG

dddb8a8a-2abc-47d6-81a6-c473a188b0a1-1.jpg

I think this photo best shows how I was feeling in the run up to the ceremony. relaxed and happy! I felt like royalty!

Rev Kev our officiant made a quick appearance whilst we were waiting, to make proper introductions and make sure I was happy with how the ceremony was going to go ahead. he also showed my dad how to 'properly' hand me to adam (I'm not property!! but i didn't mind being traditional for a change :p )

We walked down to the boardwalk green to get some pre ceremony photos of me with my bridal party. Again i feel like our photos look like they were on a green screen or something but the weather was just perfect! I was roasting alive but you wouldn't know from the photos.

I think now I'm just going to spam you all with some photos because I can't pick just a couple!
PH658960919 - 0047.jpg

PH658960919 - 0056.jpg

PH658960919 - 0062.jpg

PH658960919 - 0065.jpg

PH658960919 - 0102.jpg

PH658960919 - 0105.jpg

To be continued...

Tiggertoo56

Day 3- September 9th 2019

Tash's morning continued...

The limo had arrived and it was time to stuff myself inside. A poofy dress always seems like a good idea until you have to do anything normal in it haha!

View attachment 446149

View attachment 446150
the ice cold water in the limo was already really appreciated. We had the same friendly driver as Adam and he helped to make the journey feel like it went by in a flash.

We arrived at boardwalk in the blink of an eye. Our lovely planner Lindsay was ready and waiting with my gorgeous bouquet. She took us through to the same waiting room that I didn't realise Adam had left just moments before. We had around 20 minutes of peaceful gathering. it was so nice to feel like everything was ready and now it was just time to enjoy the day.

View attachment 446151

View attachment 446152
I think this photo best shows how I was feeling in the run up to the ceremony. relaxed and happy! I felt like royalty!

Rev Kev our officiant made a quick appearance whilst we were waiting, to make proper introductions and make sure I was happy with how the ceremony was going to go ahead. he also showed my dad how to 'properly' hand me to adam (I'm not property!! but i didn't mind being traditional for a change :p )

We walked down to the boardwalk green to get some pre ceremony photos of me with my bridal party. Again i feel like our photos look like they were on a green screen or something but the weather was just perfect! I was roasting alive but you wouldn't know from the photos.

I think now I'm just going to spam you all with some photos because I can't pick just a couple!
View attachment 446154

View attachment 446155

View attachment 446156

View attachment 446157

View attachment 446158
View attachment 446159

To be continued...
Absolutely beautiful photos. You look gorgeous and Adam didn't look too bad in his either.

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 3 -September 3rd 2019

Adams day continued...

So whilst Tasha had arrived and was heading to the 'relaxation room' Lindsay had come to collect me and my family and took us to meet our photographer Stephanie (Who is the best photographer in the world!)

Here's some of my wedding spam now!

PH658960919 - 0007.jpg

With me mum and dad, unfortunately i'm not as photogenic as Tasha! The heat was clearly getting to me already here haha!

PH658960919 - 0011.jpg

Group family photo!

PH658960919 - 0023.jpg

PH658960919 - 0027.jpg

PH658960919 - 0035.jpg

PH658960919 - 0040.jpg

This was my 'act natural' pose i was told to do 😂

PH658960919 - 0045.jpg

and then i was told to do my 'Mr GQ' pose 😂

After this we met out violinist who was wonderful, she walked us to the venue and she played some lovely songs and they all sounded great!

Video here below, shes doing some tuning and practicing 'married life' used in Up. You may also hear some of my mums commentary too...
https://youtu.be/5JEVDkK7mMA

20190909_115427.jpg

We placed these on the chairs so people could fan themselves to cope with the heat, it also gave them a brief description of the day!

20190909_115105.jpg

They went nicely with the personalized sunglasses for everyone!

20190909_115451.jpg

Disney had us covered with the heat, plenty of iced water and iced towels!

When Rev Kev came to see me, he talked me through how things would go and made me feel more at ease and how I could put my own spin on my part of the ceremony. He also gave me a super neat tip. Grab some ice and rest it just in the top of your collar, it will keep you super cool and when it melts it doesn't show through!

After some chatting and making sure our cameras were set up etc, i was told to face forward towards the lake so i wouldn't see my bride walking down towards the venue.

Then the violinist began to play 'You've got a friend in me' from toy story as the bridal party began to enter.

I felt the nerves straight away!

To be continued...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom