Yeti working again?

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
A friend just texted me and said they saw the Yeti up and running again. I asked if he was visible or moving and they claim to have seen movement. They knew he was dark for a while, and other times he was static.

Can anyone else confirm? Could we finally have our dear Yeti back?!? :)

menamechris

A friend just texted me and said they saw the Yeti up and running again. I asked if he was visible or moving and they claim to have seen movement. They knew he was dark for a while, and other times he was static.

Unless he was just flipped on today, he isn't working. This rumor seems to be popping up every couple weeks now. Unfortunately, it will probably only validate the theory that it doesn't need to be fixed. Why fix something when guests are thinking it is fully operational?

Pioneer Hall

Unless he was just flipped on today, he isn't working. This rumor seems to be popping up every couple weeks now. Unfortunately, it will probably only validate the theory that it doesn't need to be fixed. Why fix something when guests are thinking it is fully operational?

I wouldn't go that far. It isn't like they have those lovely marketing people standing outside the gift shop asking people if they noticed the yeti moving or not. Disney knows what is going on there but they just can't bring themselves to close their biggest ride down at this point.

jmuboy

Tell your friends you are on to their Aril Fools Jokes (and that they are a few weeks late with it).

:)

menamechris

I wouldn't go that far. It isn't like they have those lovely marketing people standing outside the gift shop asking people if they noticed the yeti moving or not. Disney knows what is going on there but they just can't bring themselves to close their biggest ride down at this point.

True, and I agree. But I don't personally see a time in the next decade that will be a point that they can bring the biggest ride down. I am sure they have concluded in meetings that they would have far more complaints if the ride was closed down entirely, as opposed to the number of complaints they receive about the yeti being broken. And while I (of course) would love to see the yeti operational again, I have to tip my hat to them - they have come up with a way to mask the problem - so much so that guests are assuming what they saw was the yeti fully functioning. Of course, those of us who were there the first few months of the ride opening know different.

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Thanks for clarification everyone. I figured they were incorrect, since it wasn't posted here first! Haha. Glad to know you can at least SEE the yeti again now. He was dark for a while.

Pioneer Hall

True, and I agree. But I don't personally see a time in the next decade that will be a point that they can bring the biggest ride down. I am sure they have concluded in meetings that they would have far more complaints if the ride was closed down entirely, as opposed to the number of complaints they receive about the yeti being broken. And while I (of course) would love to see the yeti operational again, I have to tip my hat to them - they have come up with a way to mask the problem - so much so that guests are assuming what they saw was the yeti fully functioning. Of course, those of us who were there the first few months of the ride opening know different.

With no inside information to the development of AK there is no way to really safely say what they may or may not do. Unless we are sitting in those meetings I don't think we can safely say that the yeti won't be fixed within the next decade.

Buried20KLeague

It isn't like they have those lovely marketing people standing outside the gift shop asking people if they noticed the yeti moving or not.

No, but you can be sure that there's probably a good number of suits that read threads like this and use them as proof in ops meetings that they don't need to fix the problem to higher-ups.

menamechris

With no inside information to the development of AK there is no way to really safely say what they may or may not do. Unless we are sitting in those meetings I don't think we can safely say that the yeti won't be fixed within the next decade.

Very true, and I definetly don't claim to speak with certainty. But we know that rings true for just about every thread. Most everything is speculation on our parts and assumptions based on prior and recent decisions. Personally, after 5 years, I have thrown in the towel on this one. :)

Pioneer Hall

No, but you can be sure that there's probably a good number of suits that read threads like this and use them as proof in ops meetings that they don't need to fix the problem to higher-ups.

I would say many...but certainly a few. Are they using this for decision making...I would doubt it. Remember that we are just a minority of their visitors and what we usually want it somewhat different from what the average tourist is looking for.

RSoxNo1

To close Expedition Everest would require 1 of 2 things to happen:
  1. A new attraction needs to open to absorb the potential loss in attendance
  2. Disney needs to concede the loss in attendance for the betterment of the park (a fully functional Yeti)

Buried20KLeague

I would say many...but certainly a few. Are they using this for decision making...I would doubt it. Remember that we are just a minority of their visitors and what we usually want it somewhat different from what the average tourist is looking for.

That makes my point even stronger, really... We're the "die hards", and even among us there seem to be people that can't decide if it's working or not.

My argument, were I them, would be: "See? These are the people that waste hours of their lives talking about our rides, and even THEY can't figure out if there's anything wrong!! If THEY don't all know it, there's no way the regular guest notices! Viva la strobe!!!!"

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That makes my point even stronger, really... We're the "die hards", and even among us there seem to be people that can't decide if it's working or not.

My argument, were I them, would be: "See? These are the people that waste hours of their lives talking about our rides, and even THEY can't figure out if there's anything wrong!! If THEY don't all know it, there's no way the regular guest notices! Viva la strobe!!!!"

The major flaw in this arguement is that it took about 5 minutes to establish that it's not working. We know for certain the Yeti is very much broken.

Pioneer Hall

I don't think there is a question here as to whether it is working or not...we all know that it isn't. If they listened to forums like this then the yeti would be working instead of in perpetual B mode.

SleepingMonk

I say they take a cutting torch to the Yeti, slice him up and haul his dead carcass out in pieces.

Then mount his mechanical head on a pike at the entrances to WDI as a reminder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom