Yeti Update

RunnerEd

I guess I'll hold out hopes that they will fix this once avatar is completed..... Everytime I see anything about EE Disney is still always promoting the Yeti! I get so annoyed. Disney should change the attraction video and description they have for EE on their website.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/attractions/expedition-everest/

I watched the video in your link and fired off the below email. I know it won't do any good but it made me feel better. :shrug:

I was surfing the WDW website and dreaming about our next trip when I happened upon the video "commercial" for Expedition: Everest. Please either fix the Yeti or re-shoot the video showing him in "disco" mode. The video is incredibly misleading as is the whole story-line of the otherwise brilliant attraction without a working Yeti. For those of us who saw him/her/it in its full motion glory, the largest statue in WDW is depressing. BAD SHOW ANIMAL KINGDOM; you know it and you should be ashamed. This is Disney's Animal Kingdom, not Six Flags'.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/attractions/expedition-everest/

Thanks!

alissafalco

I watched the video in your link and fired off the below email. I know it won't do any good but it made me feel better. :shrug:

I was surfing the WDW website and dreaming about our next trip when I happened upon the video "commercial" for Expedition: Everest. Please either fix the Yeti or re-shoot the video showing him in "disco" mode. The video is incredibly misleading as is the whole story-line of the otherwise brilliant attraction without a working Yeti. For those of us who saw him/her/it in its full motion glory, the largest statue in WDW is depressing. BAD SHOW ANIMAL KINGDOM; you know it and you should be ashamed. This is Disney's Animal Kingdom, not Six Flags'.

Thanks!

haha! Thanks RunnerEd...That was a good letter...Where did you send it to? I know, you're probably right, it won't do any good, but It's always good to vent :)

Lee

Adventurer
The yeti is a realistic size... why would a yeti be the size of King Kong?

I think he was just saying that he would have preferred the yeti AA to be in that area, not take up all that room.

No need for a yeti to be Kong-sized....although, as we all know...he almost was...

Attachments

• yetikong.jpg
    yetikong.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 101

Alektronic

If only Disney would have never made the crapfest known as Mars Needs Moms and instead invested it into The Yeti, Spaceship Earth and Splash Mountain...:cry:

Here's a better one, How about redirecting the well over 20 million dollars they have spent trying to re-fix and re-improve Primeval Whirl to make it safer because it already killed 2 castmembers. It is just a wild mouse carnival coaster. And that comes out of the same budget that is used to maintain and repair Everest, Dinosaur, and Kali.

Lee

Adventurer
Here's a better one, How about redirecting the well over 20 million dollars they have spent trying to re-fix and re-improve Primeval Whirl to make it safer because it already killed 2 castmembers. It is just a wild mouse carnival coaster. And that comes out of the same budget that is used to maintain and repair Everest, Dinosaur, and Kali.

Disgusting.
For that money, they could have pulled it out and built a much nicer replacement.

alissafalco

The ride is actually safe. The CM's that died were both maintenence workers who were struck by a vehicle (at different times) while doing repairs....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...meval-Whirl-ride-worker-dies-struck-head.html

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Guess we should get rid of Mission: Space too since it's killed more people... No really, that ride sucks.. :lookaroun

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Disneyfan1981

I had no idea the Yeti was going to be "Kong" sized. Would have been cool, not as cool as the Yeti we had but much cooler than the Disco stationary that is now...

The Duck

I've always felt that the yeti was "Kong" sized simply to make him more noticeable while you're whizzing by. If he was the size of your friendly, neighborhood sasquatch, (7-8 feet) most would have missed him completely.

muse1983

Wait are you serious...20 million?!?!:brick:

stitch2008

Am I going to call you out over this? Yeah I think I am.

No offense, but you will have a very difficult time making me believe that. In my experience, there is a cap on repairs. Its a general rule that all parks have; Disney included. If you reach a point where repairs surpass the intial cost of building, shut her down. And saftey repairs arent expensive. Not $20 million expensive. Not saying that they didnt spend that much. But I really dont think thats true. Cause this is what $20 million will get you.

MaverickPre2.jpg

Alektronic

I thought one of them was a regular CM working the attraction who walked past where she was supposed to and fell off the end of the platform, striking her head.

-Rob

Actually, the first accident was an Operations CM, she was the tower/load operator. After she dispatched the ride vehicle from the tower, she went to check to make the lap bars were secure and one vehicle just happened to grab her costume and dragged her to the end of the load platform where she hit her head on an access ladder.

Alektronic

Am I going to call you out over this? Yeah I think I am.

No offense, but you will have a very difficult time making me believe that. In my experience, there is a cap on repairs. Its a general rule that all parks have; Disney included. If you reach a point where repairs surpass the intial cost of building, shut her down. And saftey repairs arent expensive. Not $20 million expensive. Not saying that they didnt spend that much. But I really dont think thats true. Cause this is what $20 million will get you.

MaverickPre2.jpg

I'm just reporting facts, it's up to you if you chose to believe them. In fact, after Everest opened, they looked into to replacing Primeval Whirl with a similar type of ride with similar ride capacity, but then they decided it would be too expensive, so they abandoned that idea and instead just dump a ton of money into instead. So they just keep pouring money into it, espcially now just to make it safe. They don't like to admit mistakes and they will just keep pouring in good money after bad.

stitch2008

I'm just reporting facts, it's up to you if you chose to believe them. In fact, after Everest opened, they looked into to replacing Primeval Whirl with a similar type of ride with similar ride capacity, but then they decided it would be too expensive, so they abandoned that idea and instead just dump a ton of money into instead. So they just keep pouring money into it, espcially now just to make it safe. They don't like to admit mistakes and they will just keep pouring in good money after bad.

Im just telling you, from my experience, if I told my boss we spent $20 million on repairs to a spining mouse coaster my boss would be furious. I dont mean jump up and down furious. Im talking hack off heads furious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom