Yeti Still Operating in B Mode

THECARISMINE

wvugeoggrad said:
This is just hearsay but a friend of mine was at an outing in Orlando over the weekend and an imagineer or someone who works on the Yeti mentioned something to her about the Yeti's arm falling off!! :eek: Not sure if it actually detached or just was broken but either way this might be why its been in B mode for a while. Again though this isn't anything that's 100% true, just something she was told.

I doubt it:D

Huge Dreamer

imagineersrock said:
Believe it or not I've been on Everest 40 times now and never seen anything but "A".
I wish I had your luck. I have only gotten to ride it once this past wednesday and I have been to DAK alot since soft opening and a few times since grand opening, but at least it was in A mode for my first ride.

dzlandSr

So is the problem with the yeti breaking down always the same problem or something different? Is seems to go down to the "B Mode" quite often. If I'm visiting from cross country, I'd be very disappointed to not get to see the "A Mode" (especially if it takes weeks to fix and most of us only get to visit for a few days every so often :cry: ) I understand things breakdown, but hopefully this is something that can be corrected to have the ride run pretty close to 100% most of the time.;)

vfxpro

TimonRulz said:
I hope its in the "good mode" by July when I go. I"m pumped about getting to ride it and hope I don't get the "B show"

I think someone already mentioned this, but regardless of the Yeti mode Everest is a great Disney attraction. Besides you only get to see him for 2 - 3 seconds anyway. :cool:

Main Street USA

vfxpro said:
I think someone already mentioned this, but regardless of the Yeti mode Everest is a great Disney attraction. Besides you only get to see him for 2 - 3 seconds anyway. :cool:
Still, those of us that travel a good distance to WDW and only get to stay a week or so want to see what it was SUPPOSED to look like, not a motionless replacement.

xstechbabe

I can honestly say after riding EE with out my glasses all those cast preview days...I couldn't really care less about the yetti working or not. It is finally a ride at disney that has some thrills...now if we can just get an upside down loop on property not in Disney Quest!

vfxpro

xstechbabe said:
I can honestly say after riding EE with out my glasses all those cast preview days...I couldn't really care less about the yetti working or not. It is finally a ride at disney that has some thrills...now if we can just get an upside down loop on property not in Disney Quest!

Doesn't Rockin' Rollercoaster loop a few times?? Or do you mean an inverted loop?

vfxpro

Main Street USA said:
Still, those of us that travel a good distance to WDW and only get to stay a week or so want to see what it was SUPPOSED to look like, not a motionless replacement.

I understand what you are saying. Have you ridden Everest? The Yeti goes by so fast that you barely have time to register his existence. Last time I saw the Yeti "motionless" the strobes, fans and audio track worked well in it's place. This just goes back to my original point, the ride works well with or without the Yeti moving. Heck he could be wearing a grass skirt and surfing with Stitch and most people wouldn't have time to notice. :lol:

peter11435

xtimMOOthyx said:
Does anyone have any pictures or video of the Yeti in B mode? I have seen him in A mode, and he is indeed incredible.
Just imagine the Yeti standing still mostly in the dark with a stobe light flashing on him and wind blowing his fur.

Glasgow

xtimMOOthyx said:
LOL. Hmmmm. I will have my little brother toss on a wig in the dark and turn the lights on and off, with the fan on high when I get home.

Bad News - I've ridden Everest 3 times and have gotten the B-mode all 3 times

Good News - I've ridden Everest 3 times :)

BKLMickey

I rode EE twice last Monday and Wednesday. Both were "A" mode. On Wednesday it was almost dark so my eyes were more acclimated to the darkness and I could see the Yeti much better.:D

vfxpro

At the very top of the mountain, while you wait for the first switch track to setup you can see a hawk appear behind the mountain. It's on a pole, and not that cool, but it's a hawk nonetheless. I'm sure if the mist was working the hawk would look better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom