Yeti spoilers. A sarcastic thanks.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While I can understand your desire to keep the surprise, I don't see how anything can "ruin" the actual experience for you. It is near impossible to go to a movie today without being told the plot if not most of the surprises.

Bottom line is there is nothing like experiencing it firsthand, and just because I may know the track layout, when various effects happen and when I will see certain furballs does not diminish the actual experience. If that were the case, why should I go on RnRC or ToT again, I know exactly what will happen (OK, subtle sequence differences), that goes for Soarin' and every other attraction.

Quite the contrary, it usually makes the experience more fun.

Wilt Dasney

ICP06 said:
Even Legacy's avatar is a definate plus because the long black "intro" before the quick flash of the yeti means that I can scroll down and away from view (or cover it with a hand!) before he flashes up. That's not possible with static avatar pictures of the yeti.
Eeeh...You don't need to scroll away from Jeff's avatar. He's not spoiling anything...just playing off the Yeti paranoia. :animwink:

Nicole

Well I personally am loving all the "versions" of the Yeti on people's avatars. I think Legacy's is my favorite...wait a sec...that's not a Yeti...that's Michael Eisner...LOL...oh, never mind...

disney_nutter

This is the second thread with people complainging about the yeti pictures i have said it once and i will say it again grown up and stop moaning. If a picture spoils your experience i think you should not be looking on any websites to do with disney.

nicholas

disney_nutter said:
This is the second thread with people complainging about the yeti pictures i have said it once and i will say it again grown up and stop moaning. If a picture spoils your experience i think you should not be looking on any websites to do with disney.
Yes and no. People come here for many reason other than just finding out new things as soon as humanly possible. They want tips on dining. They want reviews of hotels. They want to know what the weather is generally like during a certain time of year. They want to know what rides are down for rehab. Etc.

Not everyone comes here to find out the new details of a ride that isn't open yet. So saying that they should avoid this site isn't altogether true. In most cases, people are polite enough to post spoiler warnings, but in the case of avatars, that's not really possible. So I can completely understand the OP's initial frustration.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
nicholas said:
Not everyone comes here to find out the new details of a ride that isn't open yet. So saying that they should avoid this site isn't altogether true. In most cases, people are polite enough to post spoiler warnings, but in the case of avatars, that's not really possible. So I can completely understand the OP's initial frustration.

They can always turn off displaying avatars in their control panel at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/profile.php?do=editoptions :)

KrazyKemp

Everyone in here wants to see the Yeti, and pictures and videos are not going to ruin the ride experience for you.

Most of us, (myself included) have seen a video or two...and we still want to ride it at least a dozen times when it opens up on April 7th.

If you didn't wanna see the Yeti, why would you come to a Disney discussion board? It's Disney's biggest attraction right now! Of course in a Disney discussion board, you'd expect us to talk about, and show pictures of it, wouldn't you?

I admit, I have a video of EE, and it shows a pretty good view of the Yeti...but when I posted it on this board, I told everyone what it was...and it was up to them to click on it.

Seriously, what do you want us to post about, if not the newest attraction in our favorite theme park?

CaptainMichael

KrazyKemp said:
Ruined it, yeah that's what you did...:lol:

Oooh, the eyes of the Yeti...

You ruined so much...:cry:
Wish I could say I was sorry, but you should have turned off avatars. It's kinda like being upset about finding websites with adult content, but you didn't filter it.

P.S. I know you're joking

nibblesandbits

You know...I just saw a real picture of the yeti...and I have to say after seeing it, what's the big deal?

Yes, before I saw it, I thought, I don't want to see it. I want to have the element of surprise.

But then, after hearing what the others have said on this thread, I took a look. I can tell you that by seeing what they yeti looks like, it will not interfere with the enjoyment of the ride itself. I actually thought...Oh...so that's the yeti.

Sure, I had seen his picture before in somebody's avatar (and also pieces of him) but with all the pictures of yetis floating around here, I didn't actually know what the real one looked like. At least until I looked at the picture.

Now, on the other hand, I have not watched the ride-through videos and still don't know whether or not I will do so (I have at least a year before I will hit Disney property again, so who knows, I might give into temptation.) But I have to tell you, the suspense is still there. I have no clue when the yeti will pop out at me and I'm pretty darn sure that even after seeing a picture of it, the first time I see that yeti pop out at me, it's going to scare the crap outta me.

So while I can understand that it would be easy to get upset about seeing the yeti...know that as long as you stay away from ride videos, the suspense of the ride is still there and that's the most exciting part about the whole thing anyway. :D

ICP06

Original Poster
KrazyKemp said:
If you didn't wanna see the Yeti, why would you come to a Disney discussion board? It's Disney's biggest attraction right now! Of course in a Disney discussion board, you'd expect us to talk about, and show pictures of it, wouldn't you?

<snip>

Seriously, what do you want us to post about, if not the newest attraction in our favorite theme park?

Not every thread on this message board-and not every page on this website is about Everest-or about the Yeti.

I fully expect and welcome people to be talking about it. However, I'd much prefer the option of whether or not I get to see this information, if you get my point. I'm all for people being able to see this sort of thing when they want to. I mean, I for one kept as up to date as possible with the rehab on the Living Seas. But having made a concious decision on trying to avoid pictures of the yeti (who, I've realised, thanks to some of the posters in this thread, isn't the be all and end all of EE), it would have been nice to not have to see the yeti against my better judgement.

As I said, I have come around to the opinion that the yeti will still be a surprise when in the context of the ride. I dont, after all, know what he looks like below the nose or above the wrist... My point is, though, that posting spoilers is fine-and I suppose I support it, but having the option not to look at them, should one so wish, is very desireable.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna disable avatars (I didn't realise there was an option to do that!) in the hopes that my brain will have warped the image completely during the next four months. :hammer:

Incidentally, while I may have started out this thread quite ed, thanks to the diplomatic argument (well, mostly!) of you fine people out there, I've now more or less had my fears dissipated. Non sarcastic/sincere Thanks! :D That really is much appreciated! :D

Yours calmlylyly
ICP06

P.S. To the person who suggested that I should have had the sense to disable avatars, 1: I didn't know you could! and 2: How was I to know that people would put the yeti in their avatars? I can't predict the future! And I am only new to these parts! :lol:

Connor002

LSUxStitch said:
:: posts biggest picture of the yeti I can find ::

Like this one?

Kidding... :lookaroun

So, as Steve has already said, if this site was not about current news and rumors, they're would be very few reasons for many of us to come here.

ECurto

1stStarIC2nite said:
Yes, I understand and I apologize... but how would you feel if you weren't fortunate enough to have experienced E:E yet and someone spoils the main surprise for you?

Id probibly tell you to get off the boards where its gonna be discussed. Oh and while were here, is there any other way us members can cater to you? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom