Yeti News/Rumor

krankenstein

Original Poster
Yesterday (12-17-08) I was at DAK and had the pleasure of talking to a very nice CM. He was talking to me about the Adventures Club an the fact that Joe Rohde was DAK on the 16th. One thing lead to another and the Yeti came up.

According to the CM, they tested a screen replacement for the Yeti in mid September. Basically, it showed the Yeti being broadcast on a screen that would be placed in front of his present location. WDI was pleased with the result and had planned on going ahead with the plan to fix the foundation in November. However, management stepped it and put a hault on it until at last after the New Year. The CM said that nothing is set in stone but we shouldn't be surprised if the screen is put up and the Yeti is pulled to fix the foundation early 2009.

He also said prep work for the removal of the Yeti has already happened. Apparently they have cleared out the space behind him to allow them an easier time when they do begin working on him.

Please ignore any spelling or grammer mess ups, I am on phone at WDW right now. Also, feel free to use salt with the above.

DisneyMusician2

Yesterday (12-17-08) I was at DAK and had the pleasure of talking to a very nice CM. He was talking to me about the Adventures Club an the fact that Joe Rohde was DAK on the 16th. One thing lead to another and the Yeti came up.

According to the CM, they tested a screen replacement for the Yeti in mid September. Basically, it showed the Yeti being broadcast on a screen that would be placed in front of his present location. WDI was pleased with the result and had planned on going ahead with the plan to fix the foundation in November. However, management stepped it and put a hault on it until at last after the New Year. The CM said that nothing is set in stone but we shouldn't be surprised if the screen is put up and the Yeti is pulled to fix the foundation early 2009.

He also said prep work for the removal of the Yeti has already happened. Apparently they have cleared out the space behind him to allow them an easier time when they do begin working on him.

Please ignore any spelling or grammer mess ups, I am on phone at WDW right now. Also, feel free to use salt with the above.

Like, electronic screen? Oh god. Can't we avoid some of these? I know the progress to pull the yeti out is big, but I am surprised a less complex AA doesn't exist for just these puropses.

I assume after this, the AA will work more frequently as advertised??

Although it is nice to hear Rhode is actually visiting the parks, makes you hopeful for something cool in the future or at least continued maintenance.

Thanks for the post!!:king:

mcjaco

I don't know what to believe.

A group of us in October were told that they were working on a second updated Yeti, and that it would replace the broken one. After the removal of the broken one, it would be fixed and there'd be a back up from then on out.

I later heard from another source the same story. Who knows.

stitch2008

Wow. This is great. I guess the Yeti may finally be fixed.

Lee

Adventurer
Interesting.
I haven't heard the screen story...guess it could happen.

I do know that AK management is very wary of an extended refurb on Everest. If Everest goes down for an long-ish period it will kill AK's numbers.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Wow. This is great. I guess the Yeti may finally be fixed.
or removed for good. obviously im hoping for it return.... Im just scared of it getting removed for fixing then a stalemate in the budgets and he sits in a warehouse indefinitely.

Interesting rumor though

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Interesting.

I do know that AK management is very wary of an extended refurb on Everest. If Everest goes down for an long-ish period it will kill AK's numbers.
maybe the screen could have what i envisioned the yeti scene doing all along, moving towards you with the swooping action of his arm. When the initial specs of the yeti were frst released, I guess my imagination went wild and i really thought he would have moved towards the track about 10 feet then do what he does now. :D

i just hope it is better quality then the screen at the top of the mtn. I guess it is ok, but nothing to write home to mom about

EPCOT Explorer

Interesting.

Right...I'm guessing the quick fix for a screen would still have AK running while the Yeti is fixed.

MousDad

I can't tell from the original post, but is the screen a replacement, or a temporary cover while the AA is fixed/replaced?

kcnole

It makes sense. Its obviously not nearly as dramatic as having the actual yeti there working. But if it means the ride can keep going while they fix the yeti so that he doesn't break down so easily then I'm ok with it. The yeti isn't the only part of the ride, I don't think its worth taking the whole thing down just because the yeti's gone if there's another at least workable situation.

My only fear would be people heading into the attraction unaware that the yeti was under maintenance and seeing this for the first time thinking that all the hype about the big animatronic must have been a lie.

krankenstein

Original Poster
Interesting.

Hey Lee, the guy also said that Rhode mentioned that all the props from the Adventure's Club were headed to Tokyo for something. Have you heard abything about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom